Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Regional > Midwest > Wisconsin

Notices

Thread: Wisconsin Crawlers INFO

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-04-2007, 12:02 AM   #21
Rock Stacker

I'm thinkin' this is the time of year to setup a trials course. I'm not sure how exactly to get the mud though, but I can do rocks, dirt, wood, and of course a ladder traversing an area. Just not sure about it, but I would much rather have a course setup that is heated than being outside in the cold.

This is one of the things that I would like to get done with winter, but it probably will not happen with work and school. I'm actually on the fence, might sell all my 2.2 stuff to get a Gmade Spyder, Stealth or crawler and just go with that. Not sure yet really.

I had a comp chassis, that was fun. Then I switched over to a K2-3L. The K2-3L is what I have setup right now. It isn't as much fun as there isn't that much suspension to the setup.

I just need more time to work with the stuff. I have a set of txt axles that still need to be put together. Those on the K2-3L chassis maybe a better fit with 4" shocks

Who knows, but I'm not up for driving 2 hours. I don't have that kind of time anymore. I would be up for something close, just a day of crawling or half day or something. A trials course would be nice. But, just not sure.
Jackyl is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 12-04-2007, 09:04 PM   #22
Rock Crawler

okay i have a spot its on my motherinlaws farm way in the back wooded there is a small trail from my 4 wheelers but plenty of untaimed down trees and such it located by corners in off of hwy 89 in delavan/darien (close to the vegas gentelmens club)
usa1man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2007, 06:13 PM   #23
GSP

Default New Guy New Crawler

I have been looking into getting a crawler going and I live in SE Wisconsin and now finding this site I am all for a GTG. Please let me know when and where this spring or summer and I am in. I will be buying a crawler in the next few weeks for my winter project and ready to go by spring.

Name: John

I look forward to hearing from all of you about a GTG. Thanks!
GSP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2007, 07:51 PM   #24
Quarry Creeper

Default January Get together

Ok Guys I am going to stir the pot, after the New Years Holiday I am going to try to get as many of you going for a Badger Bash. I am thinking if I can get a group of crawlers willing to play in the white stuff for a few hours we could have alot of fun. I am thinking I will be bringing my scalers, but a friend or two might show up with a 2.2 GSP if you are interested and do not have your truck done give me a shout and I may have a loaner you can use. If you are interested please give me a shout. Possible places may be either Ledge Park In Horicon or if USA1MAN has the time his place may be an option. Weather up here has been plenty snowy so this could be snowed out, but I really want to try and get the small group of Wisconsin Crawlers in touch so we can do more as a group.
carcrafter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2007, 08:35 PM   #25
Pebble Pounder

I'm up for it, If the snow dosen't eat my crawler.
thumbman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2007, 06:49 PM   #26
I wanna be Dave

Depending on the location the MN crew has been known to travel. Where do you have good crawling sites? I think we have one of the best sites anywhere at Taylors Falls come try it some time.
Stormin2u is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2007, 08:10 PM   #27
Quarry Creeper

Default Decent crawl sites

I have heard that our two states are pretty similar Storm, and I would love to go out that way. The pastor who married me and my wife in oct keeps asking us to stay with him...maybe that is the ticket. Minster swears by Devils lake State park, and every guy I have talked to has a place they go. I personally use Ledge park in Horicon WI It is 15 minutes from my home so that is a big factor. While it lacks technical crawling ares there are some fun spaces that have I think quality (I think sandstone.) Now I should say I have mostly Scalers, but it is well up to a good crawl with 2.2s. Other great things I think about it is it's privacy level. people may stop and look at your stuff but mainly you only have to tell people you are crawling with to get out of your way. Sadly, it is no where near Handicap friendly. If you were interested Storm I would drive to Devils lake to make sure you could get closer, and join us.
carcrafter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2007, 09:14 PM   #28
Pebble Pounder

Devil's Lake is only one hour an fourty five min's from my house. I would make the trip.
Old 12-18-2007, 09:28 PM   #29

I'm in Sparta and could certainly make a drive most anywhere on a weekend as long as it does not conflict with Uncle Sam. Devils Lake is closer than Horicon, but both are doable.

Glen
87roadwhale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2007, 10:51 PM   #30
MWRCA'er

Always up for a scale truck bash. We need to get together and setup some kind of wild scale truck challenge once the snow starts to melt.
Mnster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2007, 05:59 PM   #31

bumpity bump.

Looking forward to getting together.

Glen
87roadwhale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2008, 01:14 PM   #32

Default wheres the closest comps

I live in green bay, just wondering where the closest comps are around here.
BASSPROKVD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2008, 01:47 PM   #33
Quarry Creeper

I'll be moving to Prairie Farm in March so I'll do most of my crawling with the MNguys but a little traveling down to Devils lake should be a doable option.
dirtyal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2008, 01:50 PM   #34

I'm still waiting on my AX-10 to get here but I'm in Madison, grew up in Baraboo. I was thinking Devils Lake would be great! I also thought of Mirror Lake State Park in the Dells. Tons of Rock formations in the area and it's sandstone. Could be fun. I'll let you know as soon as I'm up and runnning. Should be by next weekend, 1/20.
JDRockin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2008, 01:11 PM   #35
Rock Crawler

I'd be up for a meet or get together, but probably not until the spring. I hate the cold, and my Super Class Clod is not built yet.

I have no hot spots for crawling. Most of the time I just hit the rock piles that are on my parents farm, near the edge of the fields.

Nathan
Mosinee, WI
email - riverroute@hotmail.com
Espeefan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2008, 07:59 AM   #36

I am from Beloit WI

carterscatastrophe@yahoo.com

I have a Gecko 60/40 Pro that is currently set at 50/50 with longer front arms. (actually it is for sale as a ready to go crawler)

I also have a super that is my own design (thus the reason I am selling my Gecko)

Working on a 2.2 of my own design as well.
2kwk4u is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2008, 01:06 PM   #37

Just started getting into the whole crawling world. Come spring I'd be game for a g2g so I can see how its done.
Scooter_2385 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2008, 08:28 PM   #38
Quarry Creeper

i crawl at taylors with the MN guys, but i can say that devils lake looks better than taylors because it is less confined. but if any of you live near the border by osceola (i think thats how you spell it) or taylors falls by the St. Croix river i would reccomend that you come check us out sometime. we do not discriminate against out of state folks, we are nice guys.
theTman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2008, 10:47 AM   #39
Rock Stacker

Andrew Hendler
Sheboygan Falls, WI

I sold my tuber off last year, never actually had it running. But am thinking about getting back into again (jeckl if you want to sell you 2.2 let me know) all I do now is fly planes but there are alot of spots around me to crawl that are pretty well hidden. First off there is the lake (lake michigan)with a ton of spots with alot of different landscapes all along the shoreline, i would say the 20 miles that i have walked so far probabably found at least 30 -40 sites that would be great, lot of bluffs and stuff like that. I will try to find some pics to show you guys. Also the kettles are awesome, there are so many places i have yet to explore back there but if I can get a crawler going by this spring i will.
andrewhendler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2008, 08:27 PM   #40
Pebble Pounder

Sean
Rockford, Il (yes Flatlander)

Non comp super
2.2 comp (50% done)