RCCrawler Forums

RCCrawler Forums (http://www.rccrawler.com/forum/)
-   WRCCA Clubs (http://www.rccrawler.com/forum/wrcca-clubs/)
-   -   RC Rock Crawling clubs (http://www.rccrawler.com/forum/wrcca-clubs/509435-rc-rock-crawling-clubs.html)

Natedog 07-03-2015 10:45 AM

Re: 2015 RCCA / USRCCA clubs

Quote:

Originally Posted by minicrawlerguy530 (Post 5180020)
Any clubs NORTH of sacramento, ca?

Quote:

Originally Posted by travis c. (Post 5180029)
Yup, you have them listed in your sig.:ror:

And Sacramento area?

minicrawlerguy530 07-03-2015 07:08 PM

Thanks travis lol

Mudeater67 01-26-2016 09:05 PM

Club: 4cRc2
State: NM
City: Farmington
Screen Name: Mudeater67

JohnRobHolmes 01-26-2016 10:46 PM

Re: RC Rock Crawling clubs

I've edited out emails, there is no need to post them now.

Moving fowards we will have folks register themselves and / or clubs with no approval process. We hope this will encourage more people to organize their own local RC Rock Crawling seasons. The site utility of RC ORVA as a calender, registration, and scoring platform will continue to be improved upon, so please let us know if you have suggestions!

JohnRobHolmes 05-16-2017 10:02 PM

All signs indicate that clubs and events are growing again. I would like to reinstate the state and regional invite system for 2018. Update your post and ORVA account. I will make another post about this soon!

tapped-out 05-17-2017 07:28 AM

Here locally in southern California I've talked to a few guys building 2.2pro rigs. But we haven't had any
growth in competition Drivers. (Now we've lost a few) I'm talking about 2.2pro and 2.2s. Just curious what area's/clubs have grown in competition drivers?

Robbob 05-17-2017 09:22 AM

Would drivers or clubs need to be a registered paying member to Orva to be considered sanctioned and have spots reserved for drivers?

JohnRobHolmes 05-17-2017 09:45 AM

Utah and the east cost is where it's being noticed.

Registering on orva isn't required (but clubs do get free membership). It will make everything much smoother to track though. It was created for the purpose of tracking points and drivers, and also selling tickets like eventbrite but with lower fees.

JohnRobHolmes 05-17-2017 10:01 AM

Even if growth isn't occurring, it seems a good idea to bring back invites anyway. It's a chicken or egg first problem, where the series fell apart because of low club participation, yet clubs fell apart because of lack of series. Ideally I would like to reward state invites with free or low cost tickets. This could be done through club or member fees that get set aside to pay for the top drivers. A cash pay out from collected driver fees at the state finals could also accomplish the same goal without as much hassle. Example, a state final has $20 fee per class, top two split the pot.

tapped-out 05-17-2017 10:06 AM

JRH is this what you're pushing for on FB?

UtahRC Rock Crawling Competition Series #3 Event (Southern Utah) – June 4th | UtahRC.com

Werock style point system/rules/classes
Start each course with a 0, a perfect run can add up to -40 or -50 points. But a few mistakes can send you packing with a +40 in no time at all! Each event will be part of a series at the end of the season the point standing will total and a season points winner will be awarded in each class!

+1 point for each back up
+10 point for cone contact
+10 hand of god
+10 to use rear steer on a course
-10 for gate progress
-10 for bonus gate
-10 for spotter ride along (running course from behind the start gate)

+40 points equal disqualified course
Time out disqualified Course

Classes:

Stock mod:
1.9 scale style
1.9 tires
Resembling vehicle type
Must be registered (street legal scale lic plate)
Must have 4 scale items (whinch, tow strap, shovel, driver, spare tire, roof rack, ect

Budget pro mod:
2.2 base limited upgrades
(anything the rig came with “rtr out of box” can be upgraded to aluminium, stronger, lighter, quicker ect.)
No added mods! Rear steer, dig unit, suck winch.
2.2 tires
Must resemble original vehicle

Unlimited pro mod :
2.2 base fully built
This is for weighted tires, dig unit, rear steer, full tube chassis, no vehicle resembling. Only rules are no moa, and 2.2 tires

Unlimited class:
Anything goes, moa, tube chassis, no tire size limit. No resemblance, no vehicle base, no restrictions

This was from 2016 and IMO isn't growth for USRCCA
still looking for Utah Comp Clubs that held 2.2pro & sporty seasons last yr.

JohnRobHolmes 05-17-2017 02:25 PM

Nope, wasn't aware of that event or werock style of things.

I might be confusing Utah with New Mexico events pulling in folks from Utah.