Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Competitions and Events > WRCCA > WRCCA Information

Notices

Thread: Rules, Issues and Public Concerns

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-27-2012, 09:45 AM   #21
RCC Addict

Default Re: Rules, Issues and Public Concerns

I just think we took something as simple as narrowing up the bodied rules a little to way outta control, the only complaint ive ever heard around here was that the bodied/bodiless rules need to be a little closer in comparison as to width. siple make the bodied rig spec narrower get out some scissors, no harm no foul no new chassis. As far as bc design one am i scared by what he came up with thinking outside the box, no. From what ive seen it will boil down to what happens behind closed doors or screens for that matter, but im pretty sure we outta have a say in it seeing how we are the ones forking 200 dollars worth of entry fees.......dont make sense
chad30w is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 11-27-2012, 10:31 AM   #22
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by chad30w View Post
Heres my outside looking in........ Jeremy was having a civial discussion out in public where IT should be we outta have a say in it. And he was ousted for it not good, that guy has been a proven champion has great products his knowledge shouldnt be turned away. I think how he was handling it was ok but who am i, just a guy with a toy truck

This makes me wonder if this is what happens to people on the "commitee" who are outspoken for the community

It is a great shame to lose his insight and ingenuity to the community over a disagreement of opinions
Erin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2012, 10:54 AM   #23
No idea what I'm doing

Wait a second....Jeremy was kicked from the RC?
C*H*U*D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2012, 11:02 AM   #24
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by C*H*U*D View Post
Did Jeremy quit too?
no it seems i was forced out due to breaking rules that have yet to be written...and claimed to be working against the rules committee.

i believe someones feelings or ego is hurt and this is the only way he is willing to deal with it. believe me that was not the intention.

if i am out for starting a poll to get the opinions of the people that matter, then so be it. these issues need to be public to keep the one in charge from saying no from the get go like so many times before.

in reality i believe this has brought to light the changes that have been needed for quite some time in rules and in the managegment aspect... and hopefully positive change will come from it.

fish you are a friend, i have not attacked you, but i do believe deleting the discussions and the poll was a very bad thing to do.

i am vocal, and i will challenge people. you included. i would think that you would want people on rules that can see what the issues are and have some foresight to see where we are going, as well as, willing to stand up even against the big dogs.

sometimes you need to listen and accept the help people are obviously trying to give to better this entity known as the usrcca.
krawlfreak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2012, 11:02 AM   #25
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by C*H*U*D View Post
Wait a second....Jeremy was kicked from the RC?

Erin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2012, 11:04 AM   #26
I wanna be Dave

He was blocked from committee until we can talk, and come to understanding. Like it or not Rule Committee people have to work together. If we can't resolve our issues then something has to give. Right now emotions on both sides are high.

Jeremy has my number.
Fishmaxx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2012, 11:07 AM   #27
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fishmaxx View Post
He was blocked from committee until we can talk, and come to understanding. Like it or not Rule Committee people have to work together. If we can't resolve our issues then something has to give. Right now emotions on both sides are high.

Jeremy has my number.

agreed, i think a cool down period is needed. i will be in touch.
Old 11-27-2012, 11:18 AM   #28
RCC Addict

Fish i may be outta line here if so forgive me, but just because he wasnt working with ya at the time doesnt make him against ya. He was polling for information not making a rule so to speak. It looked like to me he was wanting the publics opion on a topic before it went to a vote w/o giving us a chance voice ourselves. It looks like to me you got your mind made up and are gonna get a comitte that agrees with ya, again im not attacking either its just the way it looks.....
chad30w is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2012, 11:18 AM   #29
RCC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by krawlfreak View Post
agreed, i think a cool down period is needed. i will be in touch.
Good, I can definetley see both sides of this and it needs to be worked out
Later,
Farmer
Farmer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2012, 11:20 AM   #30
I wanna be Dave

Since we cant reply over there, I'll ask here.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fishmaxx
I know alot of think rule was silly and that fine I understand, and one thing has been over looked is the fact when BOTH Losi and Axial decided to enter the crawler market they asked what the rules were and if their was any plan to change. I don't pretend to how long it takes to develop a truck, and what its expected life cycle but its longer than a year.

They wanted certain assurances that the rules remain stable during they process. They didn't ask to change....just remain the same. Now I know some people will say the Rules Committee was in their pocket, and that's fine. If they had not been given those assurances its a fair chance they would not have been built.
So, since both of those companies are now gone from comp crawling, what do we care what they think? Can we go and thank them for requiring these assurances and then running away like a scared girl?

I dont think changing the dimensions of a body would hurt either one of their designs.....it just now means that SDS wont be bending the Xciter body on my sporty before a comp.

Last edited by Fishmaxx; 11-27-2012 at 11:38 AM. Reason: Sorry I posted in wrong thread....you caught mid cut-n-past
JeremyH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2012, 11:31 AM   #31
I wanna be Dave

I know alot of think rule was silly and that fine I understand, and one thing has been over looked is the fact when BOTH Losi and Axial decided to enter the crawler market they asked what the rules were and if their was any plan to change. I don't pretend to how long it takes to develop a truck, and what its expected life cycle but its longer than a year.

They wanted certain assurances that the rules remain stable during they process. They didn't ask to change....just remain the same. Now I know some people will say the Rules Committee was in their pocket, and that's fine. If they had not been given those assurances its a fair chance they would not have been built.

Honestly I was NOT part of any of that negotiation ....I was just told we needed a stable set of specs and the "Stability Mantra" was my standard reply. Like it or not that was my mindset.

I know they no longer make kits, but that's not the first thing I thought of Spec Stability.

This sudden need for change caught me off guard especially when 90% of the stuff happened while I was on vacation and not online very much (Practically in a self induced food coma). I was completely unaware anything my phone started blowing up. I went into defensive mode, and I personally have never had to make decisions on my own .....Jason and Badger always took care of it.

I deleted thread to buy time to try to and figure what hell just happened. Looking back with a calmer head probably not the best idea.

Next thing I know my phone is blowing up for that....Apparently I was asshole dictator with a hidden agenda.

Now its on .....I am ready to kick ass and take names and you know what happened next.

Now I know some of you could give 2 $hits about the how this perfect storm came about, and think I am a jerk. Sorry I can't doing anything more than tell you my side. If you think I am 100% at fault for what happened thats cool all I tell you now is I am ready to move FORWARD not rehash.

Last edited by Fishmaxx; 11-27-2012 at 11:43 AM.
Old 11-27-2012, 11:51 AM   #32
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
If you think I am 100% at fault for what happened thats cool all I tell you now is I am ready to move FORWARD not rehash.
you are not 100% at fault by any means.

you took over or purchased a failing and neglected machine, and there are many that are offering to help rebuild it. but in that rebuild we need to be open to the suggestions and the wants of the people this machine is being built for.

i am very pleased to hear you want to move forward.

i think it will be in everyones best interest to start thinking and debating in a positive manner here.

if you would like my help i am still here, if you want me to sit out, i will do that too.
Old 11-27-2012, 12:01 PM   #33
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by krawlfreak View Post
if you would like my help i am still here, if you want me to sit out, i will do that too.
All I want know is do you still love me like you did that one summer weekend in Colorado.
Old 11-27-2012, 12:12 PM   #34
RCC Addict

Quote:
All I want know is do you still love me like you did that one summer weekend in Colorado.
I think Ted has some competition...
Almighty Malach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2012, 12:13 PM   #35
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Rojas 2011?

Fish, I have asked in PM regarding helping you for ECC and Nats. I offer publicly again, anything I can do to take load off your shoulders.

If you don't know peoples skill sets, try listing the things you need or want help with, and the the people that want to be involved to help you volunteer for certain tasks. If it turns out they are not holding up their obligation, remove them and find another. Just like companies do. They hire someone, if it does not work out, the fire and try the next person.

Just my $.02. (an idea I chose to share with the community, not something I demand to be done or driven by any agenda)
DickyT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2012, 12:23 PM   #36
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
like i said fish, i do think of you as friend and hope we can move forward together on this, with the help of others, to bring this sanctioning body to a new level where people are forced to take notice, and want to be a part of it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Almighty Malach View Post
how do you know he wasnt there too?
Old 11-27-2012, 12:24 PM   #37
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by Almighty Malach View Post
Ted wasn't there
Old 11-27-2012, 01:25 PM   #38
I wanna be Dave

I feel that it's hard to speak out in these matters without people over reacting.
RCC is a machine, and in a second any topic can explode in drama and unneccesary BS.

I for one had no idea who our rules committee members are.
I also think having a locked thread stating who and why these people are on the committee would help save some drama.

I don't think the public needs to know everything that goes on behind closed doors is necessary(like letting all your employees aware of what the others make), but some larger topics that may be being discussed would'nt hurt to let the world know about it(maybe a locked thread with a poll to keep the drama to a minimum?)

I believe people freak out simply due to being in the dark of what's really going on.

From what I've heard over the last year, there seems to be a quiet concensus that the rules committee is becoming corrupt and abusing its powers.

We as a community need to work harder to understand what and why each of us do, think, and say what we do.

I can't imagine running or being a committee member is easy. I also think a lot of people don't see it that way.

IMO just a Little more access to who these members are would help these situations a lot.

Hopefully this comes across how I intended it to?(I'm not attacking anyone or any ideas, just simply offering a possible outside outlook on how I manage my department at work.)

"Communication is key!!"
Chaotic Crawlers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2012, 03:10 PM   #39
www.team3sixrc.com

No matter if its USRCCA or SORRCA.
There are things among both of the rules groups that both are forgetting.
And again, this is just my opinion, but it does matter in the end if you think about it.

Not one of these Rules groups are worth a crap without sponsorship backing.
Neither of these rules groups embrace that, and get upset when a big vendor no longer wants to be apart of a sanctioned event.

You all have the right to make rules to fit the mases and build rules as you see fit. but once you destroy what drives your events, there is nothing left but go back to the stone age building trucks with spare parts and running individusl events talking about the good ole days.

Neither one of these rules groups can exist without their members. Yet when it come to the members opinions. it becomes a deleted thread, a locked fown thread, or the committee members who want to discuss it are shunned for bringing it up. Who is going to follow a set of rules if the only side that determines the rules doesnt care about the members that are to support them?

We are ALL wanting rules to live by with stability.
And people may not get along discussing the rules. But its part of the process and no one should be removed from an elected position because thier opinion is not the same as someone elses.

Stability will give you members strong and support strong! Simple as that!
BTW, manufacturers should build around your rules not the other way around.
But in the same respect, the rules should have structure that lasts longer that 6 months.

What company if going to invest thousands on a product design that is inferior in 6 months? I wouldnt!

I know what you guys are going through.
Split up your clubs into 4/5 regions and have your clubs elect 2 represanatives to represent them.

Have a chairman, a comptroller, and a director. All 4 year term positions
And elect dates for rules to be written and completed.

This way EVERYONE knows thier elected officials and knows the dates of the seasons. And drivers can build accordingly and manufacturers can create accordingly.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaotic Crawlers View Post
I feel that it's hard to speak out in these matters without people over reacting.
RCC is a machine, and in a second any topic can explode in drama and unneccesary BS.

I for one had no idea who our rules committee members are.
I also think having a locked thread stating who and why these people are on the committee would help save some drama.

I don't think the public needs to know everything that goes on behind closed doors is necessary(like letting all your employees aware of what the others make), but some larger topics that may be being discussed would'nt hurt to let the world know about it(maybe a locked thread with a poll to keep the drama to a minimum?)

I believe people freak out simply due to being in the dark of what's really going on.

From what I've heard over the last year, there seems to be a quiet concensus that the rules committee is becoming corrupt and abusing its powers.

We as a community need to work harder to understand what and why each of us do, think, and say what we do.

I can't imagine running or being a committee member is easy. I also think a lot of people don't see it that way.

IMO just a Little more access to who these members are would help these situations a lot.

Hopefully this comes across how I intended it to?(I'm not attacking anyone or any ideas, just simply offering a possible outside outlook on how I manage my department at work.)

"Communication is key!!"
team3six is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2012, 04:13 PM   #40
Rock Crawler

I can easily see why ppl got jumpy with this, the whole 2.2s body bodiless deal put a sour taste in a lot of ppls mouths. Ive heard both sides from ppl with the rules some say too many rules others think enough some think not enough. I come from a 1:1 racing back ground, with this i know that if a rule doesnt say you cant do it ppl think they can. And with that i have no problem, if someone comes up with a good idea that fits the rules then hell they might have an advantage for that season.

Now here is where i think a change needs to take place, the rules should be reviewed yearly. If ppl what to push the envelop then they have to be prepared to be pushed back. As we all evolve new things will happen and we will have to make changes. We may adapt new rules that open things up and may get some new rules that really tighten things up.

Now one other thing that has always pushed my buttons but im sure other love is that every comp i have ever gone to has only teched wheel base. Now thats great keeps it easy but there are other rules, again local short track racing weekly a different thing is teched that isnt said until time for tech. Easily this can be done, after all we have all these rules and have really never seen any implied. I know for a fact some big name, ill say parts do not meet specs as per the rules and am not really sure how they slide by. This isnt a pushing the limit but completely in violation. Not really sure how something like this happens.

This is just my $.02 i just see so much craziness with the rules committee and what not i figured i would chime in with my point of view.
mindless is offline   Reply With Quote

Rules, Issues and Public Concerns - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Got the R1 itch - Concerns ... bbking9 G-Made Crawlers 30 04-17-2012 10:40 PM
Keep public lands open to the Public! Del Montess Chit Chat 6 03-02-2011 10:22 PM
Concerns about CC MM - need a little help please. O.C.D. Electronics 16 03-23-2008 01:29 AM
Mamba 25 concerns mrwonderful Electronics 4 10-31-2006 09:52 AM