Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Competitions and Events > WRCCA > WRCCA Information

Notices

Thread: Trail Class Information

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-28-2014, 09:48 AM   #21
I wanna be Dave

Default Re: Trail Class Information

Quote:
Originally Posted by cboggs View Post
I thought that was a scale comp since I see spare tires and scale accessories, is that what trail class is? I was under the impression that a gutted out wraith with 4WS is more what it is suppose to be.
Quote:
Originally Posted by fordsuperduty View Post
Basically from what I understand you need to take an rtr wraith, honcho, jk throw a few bolt parts at it and that's it in a nutshell. Fish you can correct me if my interpretation is incorrect.
fsd, Thats it pretty much in a nutshell. While drivers can "GUT" their rigs if they want the last line of the Mission Statement says we may require you to put it back on if drivers stray too far from "STOCK CHARACTERISTICS" and cause a competitive imbalance. If people were to read the ENTIRE mission statement they would know you can't bolt 2x different rigs together if they change original design characteristics especially if it is possible it will throw of the competitive balance of the class.

Mission Statement
The purpose of this Trail Competition Class is to blend Scale appearance, Stock characteristics, and Competition Performance into a class that can be enjoyed and competitive with a variety of widely accessible vehicles. The intent is for these vehicles to be able to compete in a traditional comp crawling setting on courses suitable for the specs of the vehicles. With minor changes, these vehicles could be made to compete at G6, Ultra4, SORRCA and other already popular type events.

Its our hope to have the trucks used in this class maintain original design characteristics while still allowing for modifications that increase durability and overall enjoyment.

To help increase participation at the local level the USRCCA encourages local clubs to adopt a "Run what you brung" policy, and that only drivers wanting to move on to regional and national level events need to worry about stricter class specifications.

The USRCCA reserves the right to add any stock specification or measurement to class requirements at anytime if it deems it necessary to maintain the competitive balance of the class.

Last edited by Fishmaxx; 03-28-2014 at 09:55 AM.
Fishmaxx is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 03-28-2014, 09:53 AM   #22
I wanna be Dave

I would not allow a Wraith without an interior containing 2 seats at Nats or a Qualifier. The seats would'nt have to be the ones that come in the Wraith but it should have seats IMO.
ROWDY RACING is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2014, 01:01 PM   #23
5th D Owner/Driver

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fishmaxx View Post
fsd, Thats it pretty much in a nutshell. While drivers can "GUT" their rigs if they want the last line of the Mission Statement says we may require you to put it back on if drivers stray too far from "STOCK CHARACTERISTICS" and cause a competitive imbalance. If people were to read the ENTIRE mission statement they would know you can't bolt 2x different rigs together if they change original design characteristics especially if it is possible it will throw of the competitive balance of the class.

Mission Statement
The purpose of this Trail Competition Class is to blend Scale appearance, Stock characteristics, and Competition Performance into a class that can be enjoyed and competitive with a variety of widely accessible vehicles. The intent is for these vehicles to be able to compete in a traditional comp crawling setting on courses suitable for the specs of the vehicles. With minor changes, these vehicles could be made to compete at G6, Ultra4, SORRCA and other already popular type events.

Its our hope to have the trucks used in this class maintain original design characteristics while still allowing for modifications that increase durability and overall enjoyment.

To help increase participation at the local level the USRCCA encourages local clubs to adopt a "Run what you brung" policy, and that only drivers wanting to move on to regional and national level events need to worry about stricter class specifications.

The USRCCA reserves the right to add any stock specification or measurement to class requirements at anytime if it deems it necessary to maintain the competitive balance of the class.
Thanks for kinda clearing that up. I feel there needs to be more set rules on what is acceptable and what is not to try and fill in the "grey area" of the rules. I can see issues in the future if most of the rules are left to opinion rather than being written down. You know as well as I do that crawlers love to push the envelope on what is going to be acceptable according to the rules, thats why I asked to see what people planned to run in this new class. Maybe just saying something like the "vehicles should remain in stock condition with the exception of strength upgrades" is all that is needed to better understand what will be accepted.
cboggs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2014, 01:32 PM   #24
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by cboggs View Post
Thanks for kinda clearing that up. I feel there needs to be more set rules on what is acceptable and what is not to try and fill in the "grey area" of the rules. I can see issues in the future if most of the rules are left to opinion rather than being written down. You know as well as I do that crawlers love to push the envelope on what is going to be acceptable according to the rules, thats why I asked to see what people planned to run in this new class. Maybe just saying something like the "vehicles should remain in stock condition with the exception of strength upgrades" is all that is needed to better understand what will be accepted.
"Its our hope to have the trucks used in this class maintain original design characteristics while still allowing for modifications that increase durability and overall enjoyment."
ROWDY RACING is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2014, 02:00 PM   #25
5th D Owner/Driver

Quote:
Originally Posted by ROWDY RACING View Post
"Its our hope to have the trucks used in this class maintain original design characteristics while still allowing for modifications that increase durability and overall enjoyment."
I understand that, but that also doesn't sound like its in the rules section, just a statement on what the class is based on. Im just trying to help avoid problems and arguments at comps on what is acceptable to some and not others. The wraith was just an example, not having an interior doesn't really change the design of the car. Does an SCX10 Wrangler have to run the spare tire if thats what it came with? Thats where the grey area is and is all based on opinion, not written rules on what is acceptable for the class. Im only trying to help others and myself understand.

Last edited by cboggs; 03-28-2014 at 02:12 PM.
Old 03-28-2014, 08:13 PM   #26
RCC Addict

1.9 scx10 axel wraiths are not legal according to fish as well. That's fine, but at some point it seems this class is becoming more and more restrictive and lots of gray. This is not a big deal for local clubs, because ours just basicly says it's a RWYB class other than we are not going to let someone throw an MOA in the mix. BUT, this class is going to be a can of worms on the national level.
Tgreer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2014, 09:22 AM   #27
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tgreer View Post
1.9 scx10 axel wraiths are not legal according to fish as well. That's fine, but at some point it seems this class is becoming more and more restrictive and lots of gray. This is not a big deal for local clubs, because ours just basicly says it's a RWYB class other than we are not going to let someone throw an MOA in the mix. BUT, this class is going to be a can of worms on the national level.
Not if you buy or use an existing legal platform and upgrade parts for durability...

Example.

Buy a wraith, put chubs, knuckles new tires, maybe even upgraded gears and so forth to keep it together.

Leave all else as it was purchased.

Run it and have fun

You can bet that if you start frankensteining rigs together they will not be legal for national events.
krawlfreak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2014, 10:12 AM   #28
I wanna be Dave

But where does the modding start and stop with the rules to fully govern?
This is why SORRCA is the way it is but look at every 1:1 offroad set of rules - subtract safety, and RC rules in general are not far.
If you want stock class - let look at the legends RC race class and use their thinking.....
"If it's not addressed in these rules, you cannot do it."
Removes the open doors and grey areas to strict yet simple.....

I fully understand the tackle of put new guys and seasoned vets on the same level, but even with a true stock rtr class:
1 the driver wins, not the truck.
2 we are in a world of builders, from wraith/Exo hybrids to scx10body molded to accept wraith interior. If you want those guys to play, smile, support, push your class - then you have to give them true wiggle room or take away the option completely and tell them why.

These questions and ideas don't seem to be coming because we want to push the rules but because the rules are not cut and dry.
doublej is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2014, 12:28 PM   #29
RCC Addict

In a nut shell the rules just don't seem to jive with the proposed purpose of the class. Again, locally it doesn't amount to a hill of beans, but I'm just seeing that the committee is going to have there work cut out for them at national events. I think sticking with a theme would help. If the board doesn't want any frankeinstine rigs then call it stock class, but by naming it trail class, things like 1.9 wraiths, wrexos, and others would seem to fit the bill. It just seems odd to tell a 1.9 wraith no, then turn around and tell the next guy yes with his 2.2 rear steer wraith, or his 2.2 dig capable twin vertical chassis rig in a class called "trail class". You guys are doing great job at trying to get a good thing going, it just needs a little tweeking.

Something else to ponder, fish said earlier that allowing a Frankenstein rig would make it become the standerd. Rear steering and dig will have this issue. By allowing these, it makes it so that you have to have one or the other to be competitive. This is no different than when shaftys where still trying to compete in the pro class. By allowing MOA, MOA becomes the "have too" to be able to be competitive.

Last edited by Tgreer; 03-29-2014 at 12:54 PM.
Old 03-29-2014, 07:13 PM   #30
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
This is no different than when shaftys where still trying to compete in the pro class. By allowing MOA, MOA becomes the "have too" to be able to be competitive.
MOA crawlers were never "allowed" because they were never not allowed. They have been used for comp crawling longer than shaftys. Lots of members of this site started crawling with clods...
JeremyH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2014, 05:55 AM   #31
RCC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by JeremyH View Post
MOA crawlers were never "allowed" because they were never not allowed. They have been used for comp crawling longer than shaftys. Lots of members of this site started crawling with clods...

Your right, that was a bad example. My main point though is it seems you guys want a stock class and have most of your rules wrapped around that idea other than rear steering and dig. By saying its a trail class, leads people to be confused on why some of there trail ready modified rigs will not be allowed.
Old 03-30-2014, 07:26 AM   #32
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Your right, that was a bad example. My main point though is it seems you guys want a stock class and have most of your rules wrapped around that idea other than rear steering and dig. By saying its a trail class, leads people to be confused on why some of there trail ready modified rigs will not be allowed.
It's just like any other class or any other type of competition. You want to participate? Read the rules, follow them and you're good to go. If your truck doesn't meet the specs, then you're not good to go. The name of the class and how people interpret it doesn't matter one bit. If it did, I'd be driving my 1:1 on the courses setup for the super class.....cause I think my 1:1 is just super!
JeremyH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2014, 07:31 PM   #33
Rock Stacker

Am I reading this correctly. My G6 with AR60 axles is not legal?
Akaopie04 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2014, 07:39 PM   #34
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by Akaopie04 View Post
Am I reading this correctly. My G6 with AR60 axles is not legal?
It's up to your local event organizers whether they'll allow rigs that don't fit within the set rules. However, at national level events, many existing trucks will not be legal. However, we can't tell you because a G6 with AR60 axles doesn't tell us much. Is it a Pontiac G6?
EvilTwin v2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2014, 07:40 PM   #35
Rock Crawler

You are correct, It will be fine to run with us at etrc comps but national events it will be a no go. In order to compete at ecc or one of the national level events you will have to run scx10 axles that were original to your g6 or you'll be to wide for your chosen frame.
fordsuperduty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2014, 07:47 PM   #36
Rock Stacker

Thank you for the response fordsuperduty. I guess everyone doesnt know that a G6 is the axial recon G6.

Last edited by Akaopie04; 03-31-2014 at 07:50 PM.
Old 03-31-2014, 07:54 PM   #37
Rock Stacker

Quote:

Originally Posted by*Tgreer*

Does this also mean that my AXIAL RECON G6 with AR60'S and 2.2's is still legal at local and illegal at ECC and NATIONAL? What if I put a WRAITH SKID PLATE on my SCX10 RECON G6, would that make it legal
Old 03-31-2014, 08:00 PM   #38
5th D Owner/Driver

Quote:
Originally Posted by Akaopie04 View Post
Quote:

Originally Posted by*Tgreer*

Does this also mean that my AXIAL RECON G6 with AR60'S and 2.2's is still legal at local and illegal at ECC and NATIONAL? What if I put a WRAITH SKID PLATE on my SCX10 RECON G6, would that make it legal
From what I understand if its not box stock then its not legal, but you can add a dig or 4WS.
Old 03-31-2014, 08:04 PM   #39
Rock Stacker

Thats what im starting to think too cboggs.
Old 03-31-2014, 08:36 PM   #40
Rock Crawler

You both are thinking correctly. I asked about a exo chassis mounted on wraith driveline and skid and was told no frakenstein rigs. Ie no wraith with scx10 axles, no wronchos, no nothing that isnt basically box stock. Plus durability upgrades of course, ie lockers, gears, knuckles, c hubs, and axle shafts.
fordsuperduty is offline   Reply With Quote

Trail Class Information - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
2014 Nationals & Season Class Information Fishmaxx Past Events 106 02-17-2014 08:28 PM
2012 2.2S Class Information helhedded East Coast Championship 109 05-05-2012 01:05 PM