Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Competitions and Events > WRCCA > WRCCA Information

Notices

Thread: Trail Class Information

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-31-2014, 08:42 PM   #41
Rock Stacker

Default Re: Trail Class Information

Im having a hardtime understanding the stiff requirements. All of the upgrade possibilities and ways to make a crawler more capable but they cant be used outside of wheels, chubbs, lockouts and knuckles and links I guess... please explain why.
Akaopie04 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 04-01-2014, 05:30 AM   #42
Rock Stacker

I would think the reason would be so the average person who just bought their crawler from a hobby shop could have a class to come out and run. Most of them won't have wronchos or wrexos.

It would also give people like me, who along with a berg and 2.2s rig, carry a stock looking scx10 to comps for something to "play" with. I personally don't care about or want scale points so this class would be perfect to me and others like me.

I have all metal gears in the tranny, sds300 in the front, mips from the transmission to the diff's, Holmes motor, and a castle sv3 ESC, and the rest of the usual upgrades. All of which seem to be legal for this class at this time.

These are the kind of things anyone can do without much trouble and without having to do all the customizing for scale points on a scale comp rig.

Last edited by stevejr; 04-01-2014 at 05:33 AM.
stevejr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2014, 06:53 AM   #43
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by stevejr View Post
I would think the reason would be so the average person who just bought their crawler from a hobby shop could have a class to come out and run. Most of them won't have wronchos or wrexos.

It would also give people like me, who along with a berg and 2.2s rig, carry a stock looking scx10 to comps for something to "play" with. I personally don't care about or want scale points so this class would be perfect to me and others like me.

I have all metal gears in the tranny, sds300 in the front, mips from the transmission to the diff's, Holmes motor, and a castle sv3 ESC, and the rest of the usual upgrades. All of which seem to be legal for this class at this time.

These are the kind of things anyone can do without much trouble and without having to do all the customizing for scale points on a scale comp rig.
Bingo!
ROWDY RACING is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2014, 07:13 AM   #44
RCC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by stevejr View Post

I'm just curious, from an outside of the board view, what is your opinion about rear steering and dig? These are mods in my opinion that are more expensive, more exotic, and will set one rig apart from another that does not have it.
Tgreer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2014, 09:02 AM   #45
Rock Stacker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tgreer View Post
I'm just curious, from an outside of the board view, what is your opinion about rear steering and dig? These are mods in my opinion that are more expensive, more exotic, and will set one rig apart from another that does not have it.
I think we need to look at this from the standpoint of a new guy who doesn't know about RCC and all the knowledge here. The cost of a radio, dig, servo and all the other parts needed would definitely discourage a lot of people. Most people use the RTR radios that come with their RC cars and see no point in changing them. They would not be able to run either upgrade without doing so in most cases.

To answer your question directly though, if I had a vote I wouldn't allow either upgrade in this class due to the cost of the parts. I would make the rules of this class similar to the 2.2s rules with the exception of keeping all the stock rules already stated.

I just don't know how practical that would be with the terrain these trucks are going to be run on. I would think that reason more then anything is why the committee included these upgrades. The class would die quickly if most trucks couldn't progress the first gate. I know this can be taken care of through course design and gate placement but if the courses are a cake walk no one would want to run them either.

Last edited by stevejr; 04-01-2014 at 09:56 AM. Reason: Clarification
stevejr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2014, 09:11 AM   #46
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tgreer View Post
A Dig will cost less than SDS or VP inner axles... you can find used digs cheap..
I just bought one for $10.00....

Here's a question for the rules committee guys.

Is the XR10 steering mod USRCCA approved on scx10 axles?

IMO if SDS/VP inner axles are allowed so should the above XR10 mod.
tapped-out is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2014, 09:37 AM   #47
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by tapped-out View Post
Is the XR10 steering mod USRCCA approved on scx10 axles?
As long as the rig stays within the trackwidth guidelines, so xr c hubs and knuckles with modded shafts would be fine, tubes to widen trackwith will likely put you over the limit.
Old 04-01-2014, 03:03 PM   #48
Quarry Creeper

Been on the outside reading along and had a idea. I understand it would be a time consuming issue for one the rules commitee members but it seems like most guys dont get the what you can and cant do to build a acceptable national approved trail class truck. What could lighten the million questions would be a list of do's and dont's for upgrades in a formal post. IE what you can and cant upgrade. Most of us get it but there are some that seem to get sidetracked by all the awesome builds going on in the sportsman section or just plain wanna poke the bears and find the grey area. Just a thought.
KingGee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2014, 05:31 PM   #49
Rock Stacker

Quote:
Originally Posted by KingGee View Post
Been on the outside reading along and had a idea. I understand it would be a time consuming issue for one the rules commitee members but it seems like most guys dont get the what you can and cant do to build a acceptable national approved trail class truck. What could lighten the million questions would be a list of do's and dont's for upgrades in a formal post. IE what you can and cant upgrade. Most of us get it but there are some that seem to get sidetracked by all the awesome builds going on in the sportsman section or just plain wanna poke the bears and find the grey area. Just a thought.
I agree with this proposition.
Old 04-01-2014, 06:31 PM   #50
Rock Crawler

Quote:
Originally Posted by KingGee View Post

Hey I like to poke the bears it makes them think outside the box. Fish when I asked about the sexo I kind of already figured on your answer but being that sort of gray area. You never really know until you ask now do you
fordsuperduty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2014, 07:16 PM   #51
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by fordsuperduty View Post
Hey I like to poke the bears it makes them think outside the box. Fish when I asked about the sexo I kind of already figured on your answer but being that sort of gray area. You never really know until you ask now do you
Nothing wrong with asking.
Old 04-02-2014, 08:33 AM   #52
RCC Addict

I think most of you are missing the boat here. This is NOT a SORRCA class....this is an entry level class for people to get a "feel for comping" in hopes that they will find interest and move into USRCCA! Just another avenue to keep EVERYONE engaged in RC "trailing/crawling" and keep the hobby alive. This is new for 2014 so not everything is defined as I consider this a beta test. I have nothing but respect and admiration for Fishmaxx for bridging the gap between the weekend warrior and the hard core comp individual. There were simply too many out there being left behind.

As I mentioned to my club president last night, there is NO way, I can build a 2.2 comp crawler and just show up and be competitive with the pros. BUT, I can stop at the local hobby shop, grab an RTR rig, take the son to this comp and we both have a fighting chance in this class!!!!!! Any given Sunday.

The intent is for these vehicles to be able to compete in a traditional comp crawling setting on courses suitable for the specs of the vehicles. With minor changes, these vehicles could be made to compete at G6, Ultra4, SORRCA and other already popular type events

NOW, with that said, if you want to mod the heck out of your rig to beat everyone that shows up, perhaps you should consider the fact you should "NUT UP" and move to USRCCA/SORRCA competing in the big league....after all, you know you really want to but you don't have the courage or you're simply too lazy to learn the rules. My caveat to that is....simply stick to the basics and be competitive in this ENTRY LEVEL NOVICE class. Remember this, if the new guy shows up and gets his butt handed to him, why would he/she come back...EVERY....let alone start comping. Now what problem have to created? When you leave the hobby, no one left to fill your shoes and the hobby suffers.

Keep in mind, if you never compete at the National level in this class, and I find it hard to believe there will be a national level if its suppose to be an entry level comp, then you don't have to worry about your rig style as long as the local guildlines allow you to compete with your local club.

After participating in one of these events in the past month, I will mention there is no guildlines for penalties in this class. How will it be judged? We adopted a few simple standing SORRCA rules that leveled the playing field and gave everyone a chance to really be competitive. I hope that at some point, if there is going to be a qualifiers and nationals, that the powers that be further define a small set of rules. Otherwise, this remains a locally regulated avenue into the "big leagues"....I'm fine with that.

But hey, I could be completely off the mark here. This is simply how the "collective" at SOCOCrawlers here in Colorado Springs operates.....JACK

Last edited by redsawacs; 04-02-2014 at 09:56 AM.
redsawacs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2014, 08:48 AM   #53
MODERHATER™

Actually it's not really geared to make people find interest in moving up to SORCCA. It's to gain interest in stepping up to the pro level USRCCA comps. To see more what they are about.
666 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2014, 09:41 AM   #54
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by 666 View Post
Actually it's not really geared to make people find interest in moving up to SORCCA. It's to gain interest in stepping up to the pro level USRCCA comps. To see more what they are about.
I think he meant USRCCA
If not I am stealing his post, and inserting USRCCA and claiming it as my own.
Fishmaxx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2014, 09:54 AM   #55
RCC Addict

how about we say USRCCA and SORCCA since I personally believe the TCC is a stepping stone for both.

None the less, Edited so I can get some likes on my post as well - LOL

Last edited by redsawacs; 04-02-2014 at 09:58 AM.
redsawacs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2014, 10:59 AM   #56
I wanna be Dave

??
The trail class uses the usrcca points/penalties correct?
ROLANDROCKSHOP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2014, 11:17 AM   #57
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by ROLANDROCKSHOP View Post
??
The trail class uses the usrcca points/penalties correct?
Correct.
Old 04-03-2014, 01:59 PM   #58
I wanna be Dave

The Rule Committee voted to allow these trucks to be up to 10" wide to allow for more wheel/tire combinations.

Vehicle Specifications
Axial SCX10____________Track Width 9.0"
GMade Sawback________Track Width = 8.58"
RC4wd Trail Stomper_____Track Width = 8.97"
RC4wd Yota____________Track Width = 8.66"
Fishmaxx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2014, 08:20 PM   #59
Rock Stacker

So I can run AR60 axles then with 2.2's?
Old 04-04-2014, 06:38 AM   #60
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by Akaopie04 View Post
So I can run AR60 axles then with 2.2's?
On a Wraith, Deadbolt, or Ridgecrest based rig.

Trail Class Information - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
2014 Nationals & Season Class Information Fishmaxx Past Events 106 02-17-2014 08:28 PM
2012 2.2S Class Information helhedded East Coast Championship 109 05-05-2012 01:05 PM