Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Competitions and Events > WRCCA > WRCCA Information

Notices

Thread: Trail Class Information

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-04-2014, 05:07 PM   #61
Rock Stacker

Default Re: Trail Class Information

So wheel wideners are allowed on an SCX10 chassis because its a cheaper mod that is easier to do on a box stock trail truck. To get up to that 9in axle width giving the ability to be able to run a 2.2 wheel setup for better clearance. I am a new guy to the RC crawler sport. I have only done 1 competition and only have 2 SCX10 based vehicles. I have done the AR60 AXLE MODE to my AXIAL RECON G6 with help from local guys and this forum. I feel like if the trail class has been made so it will bring more attention back to this sport with a person being able to run a shelf bought RTR and be able to compete with no mods then it should be kept at its stock form with upgrades that do not change the vehicles dimensions, otherwise the rules should be changed to allow all forms of trail trucks to compete whether they are box stock or super modified. Just my opinion please comment.. thanks for reading.
Akaopie04 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 08-08-2014, 10:56 PM   #62
Quarry Creeper

According to the rules a Dingo is illegal?

The wheelbase must be within half an inch of the factory standard. You have listed the Honcho wheelbase as the standard. A Dingo has a wheelbase that is an inch shorter which is outside the legal limit.

A stock Dingo could be argued to be allowed in because of the whole idea of the class. But what if I have a Honcho and shorten it to fit the Dingo body? That has to be illegal since I have changed the wheelbase more than half an inch.

Easiest way around this is to list all scx wheelbases in the rules.
Scrap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2014, 07:44 PM   #63
Quarry Creeper

Quick question....

Is the new Vaterra Ascender going to be a legal truck for trail class?

The main concern I have that raises the question is that the servo is chassis mounted stock, not axle mounted. I have not seen any discussion on this and wanted to get an answer before I buy and build one.

Thanks,

-E
DiabloPres is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2014, 06:25 AM   #64
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by DiabloPres View Post
Quick question....

Is the new Vaterra Ascender going to be a legal truck for trail class?

The main concern I have that raises the question is that the servo is chassis mounted stock, not axle mounted. I have not seen any discussion on this and wanted to get an answer before I buy and build one.

Thanks,

-E
Nothing against CMS in the rules.
ROWDY RACING is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2014, 07:50 AM   #65
2013 2.2P Nat. Champion

Default Trail Specs/Rules in trash?

I just opened the trail rules and was warned by GoD (google docs) that the document was in the trash and will be disappearing.

Something else in the works?

I assume my Wraith is still highly illegal?

Cheers,

J
SkaldidDog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2014, 08:02 AM   #66
I wanna be Dave

Default Re: Trail Specs/Rules in trash?

Quote:
Originally Posted by SkaldidDog View Post
I just opened the trail rules and was warned by GoD (google docs) that the document was in the trash and will be disappearing.

Cheers,

J
I have no idea what the new regime has in mind for the class, have not heard much since worlds ended.
Old 10-09-2014, 08:42 AM   #67
RCC Addict

I just read through the thread, but had one question i may answer on my own in this post, just want to confirm.

Is the TheScaleShop frame rails and delrin skidplate for the scx10 bump me out of this trail class?

Obviously they're not box stock, but still function as stock (but do add ground clearance which could put me at an advantage in certain aspects)
Richterat83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2014, 08:45 AM   #68
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by Richterat83 View Post
I just read through the thread, but had one question i may answer on my own in this post, just want to confirm.

Is the TheScaleShop frame rails and delrin skidplate for the scx10 bump me out of this trail class?

Obviously they're not box stock, but still function as stock (but do add ground clearance which could put me at an advantage in certain aspects)
All we can do at this point is wait for 2015 rules to be posted.
Old 10-09-2014, 09:40 AM   #69
I wanna be Dave

Default Re: Trail Specs/Rules in trash?

Quote:
Originally Posted by SkaldidDog View Post

Cheers,

J
Not sure how that happened, but I untrashed it
Fishmaxx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2014, 10:00 AM   #70
Quarry Creeper

So.....back to my orginal question....will the Vaterra Ascender be a legal rig for trail class?
DiabloPres is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2014, 06:49 PM   #71
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by DiabloPres View Post
So.....back to my orginal question....will the Vaterra Ascender be a legal rig for trail class?
I would assume so. In my opinion it definitely fits with the original intent of the class
Fishmaxx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2014, 08:59 PM   #72
owner, Holmes Hobbies LLC

I will be using this weekend at crawlapalooza to solidify my final ideas for the class to post up the next years rules. The ascender will be legal, and the complicated wb restrictions based on stock specs will be removed.
JohnRobHolmes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2014, 08:04 AM   #73
owner, Holmes Hobbies LLC

Had a big setback at work, our motor winder and assembler quit without warning and didn't do anything while I was gone last week for training. So I've been having to do interviews and pick up slack instead of getting the Trail Class rules finalized.

For people interested in what the regulations will be, here is the jist:

No motor on axle. Motor and transmission must be chassis mounted.
No miniature bodies. Wheelbase and tire size should be in proportion to the body in a manner that looks like a scaled vehicle.
No "pin" style racing tires.

The event coordinators will have the final say on a vehicle at their event, so if you think your rig is questionable then run it by them.

We are also going to offer guidelines for Trail events with multiple challenges. Along with traditional Comp style, there is the addition of Show and Shine, Trail Rides (long trails), Track/ Sprint (racing), Endurance, Hill climb, Water or Mud crossing, Sled pulling, and an overall King or Queen of the Trail. Hosts can choose one or multiple challenges for their event to suit the location/ time/ and staffing needs. They are intentionally loose rules, as we already have plenty of choices for more restrictive regulating with traditional Comp and SORCCA events.

What we want is for people to have fun and hang out with like minded folks, and not sweat the details of if their truck is "legal" for the event unless that is what they want to do. Now go play!!
JohnRobHolmes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2014, 08:47 AM   #74
SuperShafty.com

This is right up my alley John. Here in the VA, MD are we have been trying to tie something down like this for a while.

While we don't call them trail trucks, or have specific trail rules, we do tend to have events where not everyone's truck fits into a specific class like a SORCA ruled scale event. in events like this we either turn them into team events, much like the Camel Trophy race we put on last summer.

the basis of doing an event like this is to make sure the new guys are not overwhelmed by the rules. once we get them to come to one or two of these and they see what a real c1, c2, c3 it like they get the bug and start building a truely scaled out truck.

some of our basic rules were purely tire size restrictions, just so that a 4.19 tire is not competing against a 5.75" tire. but if that's the truck that they have we try to work them into the rules.

anyway, enough pontificating. look forward to seeing what comes out of this.
mjderstine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2014, 09:41 AM   #75
I wanna be Dave

Ran this class at all 4 USRCCA events this year and at King of FHP in Richmond back in the summer, its good times for sure. This is how we do scale in VArcor now.
Old 10-20-2014, 06:18 AM   #76
I wanna be Dave

Just an FYI, but we have run Trail throughout our summer series and have had SCX-10's on 1.9's @ 2.2's, Wraith's, TF2's. We've had pecan bodies and hard bodies and here's what we've found...

If you try to vary the courses with side hills, climbs, rocks, dirt, ledges, etc, that no one type of vehicle or size tire has a specific advantage over another. The locals all feel that we should keep the existing rules as far as chassis, bodies, tires, etc, only revising as new options are added by manufacturers. It makes the rules very clear and easy to tech. Also, even though 4ws & dig were cool, nearly everybody that's come out wanted to see them banned.

We typically run Trail last as a way to decompress and let off steam after 2.2Pro & Shafty. Everybody who's run the class says it's the most fun they've had coming in a long time.
EvilTwin v2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2014, 08:12 PM   #77

I am confused as to how the classes are i keep seeing tube chassis and people keep saying class 1 2 or 3 any help would be great i want to start my build but want it within the rules
sweetjeep69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2014, 09:12 PM   #78
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by sweetjeep69 View Post
I am confused as to how the classes are i keep seeing tube chassis and people keep saying class 1 2 or 3 any help would be great i want to start my build but want it within the rules
You're confusing Scale classes and Trail class.
EvilTwin v2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2014, 09:22 PM   #79

Quote:
Originally Posted by EvilTwin v2 View Post
You're confusing Scale classes and Trail class.
Ok so what are the trail classes? I think i have the scale classes figured out its just the tire sizes right?
sweetjeep69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2014, 11:53 AM   #80
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by sweetjeep69 View Post
Ok so what are the trail classes? I think i have the scale classes figured out its just the tire sizes right?
There is only one class that makes up trail class, 1.9 and 2.2 run in the same class.

Trail Class Information - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
2014 Nationals & Season Class Information Fishmaxx Past Events 106 02-17-2014 08:28 PM
2012 2.2S Class Information helhedded East Coast Championship 109 05-05-2012 01:05 PM