Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Competitions and Events > WRCCA > WRCCA Information

Notices

Thread: 2016-2017 rules and new ideas discussion

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-22-2016, 05:54 AM   #81
DravTech

Default Re: 2016-2017 rules and new ideas discussion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robbob View Post
Heres my gut idea .....

Chassis materials - they need to be limited. You can use all your aftermarket chassis' but keep the rules to stock or G10 only. You just cut a chassis expense in half for a new person. AND they can still get the popular proven ones just at half the cost. No CF - No 3D printed stuff ... its either stock with their kits or G10 replacements. Best part is if they want to jump sideways and run with the seasoned guys they can still run that chassis or upgrade then to CF for bling. Material is not gonna make a bad driver good - we all know this.

Some of this is a bit strange to me as an general rule. For my part G10 would no where near be half the price... also 3D printing makes my skids cheaper (and more functional) than if I would mill them from delrin... But if anyone could manufacture the SuDu Pro in G10 and with a delrin skid for $45 let me know.
Dravpnir is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 01-22-2016, 08:31 AM   #82
Custom Carbon Fiber

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dravpnir View Post
Some of this is a bit strange to me as an general rule. For my part G10 would no where near be half the price... also 3D printing makes my skids cheaper (and more functional) than if I would mill them from delrin... But if anyone could manufacture the SuDu Pro in G10 and with a delrin skid for $45 let me know.

Bigger picture then skids - Im talking more in the spirit of a novice/beginner style class for 2.2S to draw new blood.

Think of ways to attract new people and saving expenses helps. You allow 3D printing for parts into such a class and we will end up with your new chassis in the class and the spirit/purpose class just got blown up. Again.

And yes your SoduOne can be cut with a delrin skid for that price.

But like its been said we need Promoting too. Put that together with a class new people can feel comfortable coming into cost wise and experience wise and we all win.
Robbob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2016, 08:33 AM   #83
RcBros Hobbies

Talking about any of this is a waste of breath and finger typing if we don't get any real feedback from the man whom is "in charge" of the series.

Changing rules is not the issue and it seems like 80% of us have figured that out. For the 100th time, expansion of the hobby starts at the club level! Not at a national comp, so changing rules doesn't do anything for the betterment of our sport. Participating will likely increase at said national events with a sportsmans class, but again rules do not need to be changed. Please go look at the sanctions racing groups that have been around forever; ROAR for example. As I mentioned several pages back the way they separate the two is alot easier. It also does not force a new person to build an entire new rig once he jumps onto the pro bandwagon.

Forcing a new guy to build his rig on a cheaper budget will only confuse him, it also means they cannot buy used equipment because it doesn't meet there sportsman class specs. Why add more rules? Are cheaper options needed? You bet... Do we tell a person what they can and cannot buy to start the hobby? Absolutely not. You realise no AX10 comes with a G10 chassis right? Do we see the problem with limiting materials now?

You don't need a $3,000 pro rig to win, last rears winner clearly prooved that... I haven't changed my pro rig in two years now, I still feel if I practiced I'd win. Again, hobby representation and advertising is how we are going to get new drivers. Our local clubs is how we are going to keep new drivers. Rules is not!!

Last edited by RcBro; 01-22-2016 at 08:39 AM.
RcBro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2016, 08:41 AM   #84
Custom Carbon Fiber

Quote:
Originally Posted by RcBro View Post
Talking about any of this is a waste of breath and finger typing if we don't get any real feedback from the man whom is "in charge" of the series.

Changing rules is not the issue and it seems like 80% of us have figured that out. For the 100th time, expansion of the hobby starts at the club level! Not at a national comp, so changing rules doesn't do anything for the betterment of our sport. Participating will likely increase at said national events with a sportsmans class, but again rules do not need to be changed. Please go look at the sanctions racing groups that have been around forever; ROAR for example. As I mentioned several pages back the way they separate the two is alot easier. It also does not force a new person to build an entire new rig once he jumps onto the pro bandwagon.

Forcing a new guy to build his rig on a cheaper budget will only confuse him, it also means they cannot buy used equipment because it doesn't meet there sportsman class specs. Why add more rules?

You don't need a $3,000 pro rig to win, last rears winner clearly prooved that... I haven't changed my pro rig in two years now, I still feel if I practiced I'd win. Again, hobby representation and advertising is how we are going to get new drivers. Our local clubs is how we are going to keep new drivers. Rules is not!!

Ya your right ....... fark it ....... maybe the organization owner decision maker and rule writer will all come together and let us know what is being done to help.

Ive raced ROAR for years ......... I know how much of a joke they are and how structured and 'clearly' defined their rules are. But then again they have a committee and regional people that help. Hmmmmmm.

Last edited by Robbob; 01-22-2016 at 08:43 AM.
Old 01-22-2016, 08:47 AM   #85
owner, Holmes Hobbies LLC

I'm still watching and not making rules changes, lol.

This year I will not be able to host worlds or nats. This puts the "qualifier" style events in a strange position, as I don't feel right giving away tickets to an event that I won't host.

I have contacted Samu to start the process of hosting Worlds this year, and because of the sheer numbers of people I think Europe is a great location.

For US Nationals, I would like anyone interested in hosting to let me know.

later next week I'll be able to break away from the lathe and spend time to get a board of directors moving. I think this will be the best way to get consistent and more effective representation. If I'm the weakest link, then it's time I get out of the way.
JohnRobHolmes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2016, 09:01 AM   #86
RCC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by RcBro View Post

Forcing a new guy to build his rig on a cheaper budget will only confuse him, it also means they cannot buy used equipment because it doesn't meet there sportsman class specs. Why add more rules? Are cheaper options needed? You bet... Do we tell a person what they can and cannot buy to start the hobby? Absolutely not. You realise no AX10 comes with a G10 chassis right? Do we see the problem with limiting materials now?

Well said, I agree 100%
The rules have NOTHING to do with getting new blood, We just need to make a pro class and a novice class.
That's what we do, everyone runs together, but when the scores are added up, the pro get lumped together and the rookies get lumped together.
At year end there is a prize for the Pro winner and the Novice winner. If you win Novice you get bumped to pro for the next season.

But until Mr. Holmes takes the bull by the horns and gets a committee together that can help him deal with all that needs to be dealt with Like information about Qualifiers and Info on Worlds. Were all just in the dark waiting on him lost.

I don't think your the weak link John, You just need help getting things done.

Last edited by chevotafun; 01-22-2016 at 09:50 AM.
chevotafun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2016, 09:38 AM   #87
RCC Addict

Funny, I was talking to Samu about this last night.

Us in Vancouver, Canada would like to host a National Event?
Old 01-22-2016, 10:36 AM   #88
Wanna get? Gotta want.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnRobHolmes View Post
This year I will not be able to host worlds or nats.
This mess is a place.
Attached Images

Erik D_lux is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2016, 11:42 AM   #89
Rock Crawler

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnRobHolmes View Post

For US Nationals, I would like anyone interested in hosting to let me know.
I would love to. But traditionally it's the east coasts turn.
nappahdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2016, 11:58 AM   #90
I wanna be Dave

Fail
ROWDY RACING is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2016, 12:25 PM   #91
5th D Owner/Driver

Wait, WHAT! So just like that, no Worlds in the US, you don't even ask for help if your having a problem running the organization? Thats a sure way to kill comp crawling for us here since most of us don't have the time and can't travel overseas for whats suppose to be the premier event of the year. Anyone want to host NATIONALS here in the US?
cboggs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2016, 12:34 PM   #92
Custom Carbon Fiber

Quote:
Originally Posted by nappahdog View Post
I would love to. But traditionally it's the east coasts turn.
Hell with a hammer drop like that out of no where Id say have it where ever
Old 01-22-2016, 01:23 PM   #93
RCC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by cboggs View Post
Wait, WHAT! So just like that, no Worlds in the US, you don't even ask for help if your having a problem running the organization? Thats a sure way to kill comp crawling for us here since most of us don't have the time and can't travel overseas for whats suppose to be the premier event of the year. Anyone want to host NATIONALS here in the US?
I agree the way Holmes went about this is bull crap, and should of asked for help before throwing in the towel, but If you have time to travel to worlds, say on the east coast.

What's the difference of traveling to Europe other than price?
your still going to be taking the same amount of time off work in theory.

I was talking with Samu about this last night, and he was saying they would probably get 60 guys alone from Europe if not more. Plus add 30 more from around the world and that one hell of an attendance IMO.
Old 01-22-2016, 01:47 PM   #94
5th D Owner/Driver

Quote:
Originally Posted by chevotafun View Post
I agree the way Holmes went about this is bull crap, and should of asked for help before throwing in the towel, but If you have time to travel to worlds, say on the east coast.

I was talking with Samu about this last night, and he was saying they would probably get 60 guys alone from Europe if not more. Plus add 30 more from around the world and that one hell of an attendance IMO.
Im not that rich to travel around the world for what could have been taking one day of work off if it was held here. So I'll just congratulate the european World champ now.
cboggs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2016, 01:56 PM   #95
I wanna be Dave

Quote:

Difference is passports, insurance, language, among others....cost of course still plays the main problem. I know they have to deal with those issues as well coming here.

While they may get 60+ drivers, are they actually 60+ drivers who qualified to be there? If you look at the last few years of the big euro events, its been pretty much dominated by the same few guys. Did Samu even lose an event this year? I think he won every 2.2p event I saw the results from...if you opened up the event here in the USA to enter as you will with no restrictions out the gate, I am sure you would garner similar numbers...

My suggestion, stop moving the event around all over the place. I know people hate my racing examples, but look at the most successful events in racing....Snowbirds, Cleveland, IIC, Hotrod Shootout, etc they are all held in basically the same area every year....around the same time every year. They outdraw pretty much every event, including the ROAR events. The ROAR events are held all over the place, varying weekends...and typically have issues even hitting half the entries as the other races...

Keep the crawling event in the vegas area....there is plenty of locations, along with plenty of hotels, easy travel, cheap tickets...set the time for a select weekend or two every year...be done with it. People can plan easier, attendance will be higher....the system works. Sure takes a load off the organizers as you are not shopping all around the world for locations, trying to figure out details of the location, etc....

I don't buy the every line will have been ran either. Everyone said that at 2012 Worlds....and I don't think a single local placed in the top 5. The ability to alter courses has shown it can shake up the lines for everyone.

Just my opinion...

Later EddieO
EddieO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2016, 02:26 PM   #96
RCC Addict

Well said Eddie,
Why is it fare that the rest of us that have to fly and deal with passports, insurance, language, among others.....
The cost is not a point to me, cause it cost just about the same to fly to the east coast as it does to get to France only about a $200 difference.

Yes I think your right about Samu kicking everyone's ass.

Yes having World at the same area would be a huge benefit like you said Eddie. Not sure Vegas would be most peoples choice with have stupid hot it was last year.

I so agree about running the same lines, that I don't care if you ran the same area a 100 times, all you have to do have a new person to the are set up courses and they will all be new lines, everyone see's a line different.
Old 01-22-2016, 02:33 PM   #97
RCC Addict

Quote:
Well said Eddie,
Why is it fare that the rest of us that have to fly and deal with passports, insurance, language, among others.....
The cost is not a point to me, cause it cost just about the same to fly to the east coast as it does to get to France only about a $200 difference.

Yes I think your right about Samu kicking everyone's ass.

Yes having World at the same area would be a huge benefit like you said Eddie. Not sure Vegas would be most peoples choice with have stupid hot it was last year.

I so agree about running the same lines, that I don't care if you ran the same area a 100 times, all you have to do have a new person to the are set up courses and they will all be new lines, everyone see's a line different.
I'd go way earlier or later in the year if you did Vegas. Weather is really nice when it isn't 110.
VMGontheRocks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2016, 02:52 PM   #98
RCC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by VMGontheRocks View Post
I'd go way earlier or later in the year if you did Vegas. Weather is really nice when it isn't 110.

Old 01-22-2016, 02:53 PM   #99
2013 2.2P Nat. Champion

Hey JRH,

Is the location (coast) predetermined or does the volunteer organizer get to pick the (1) coast and (2) the exact location (as long as it meets standard criteria of course)?

Cheers,

J
SkaldidDog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2016, 03:29 PM   #100
RCC Addict

Sounds like you need to be asking Samu this instead of Mr. Holmes lol

2016-2017 rules and new ideas discussion - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
2016 MNRCRC Vehicle Rules dna4engr Minnesota 61 04-02-2016 06:16 PM
MNRCRC 2016 Rules Discussion Thread dna4engr Minnesota 66 11-09-2015 09:50 PM