Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Competitions and Events > WRCCA > WRCCA Information

Notices

Thread: 2016-2017 rules and new ideas discussion

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-22-2016, 04:41 PM   #101
RcBros Hobbies

Default 2016-2017 rules and new ideas discussion

I don't see the big issue Other then wording. We can still crown a us national champion with one large event.
Worlds is a name. We can host our own "for all the marbles" competition.

I would travel to europe, but the funds are not there.

As I've mentioned before. Look at the big onroad and offroad series, there worlds are held in different countries because it's called worlds.

Bergs weren't made in the US. If we get other countries on board, we could have more manufacturers again too! Spread the wealth, the European market is huge!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited by RcBro; 01-22-2016 at 04:45 PM.
RcBro is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 01-22-2016, 05:33 PM   #102
Rock Crawler

Default Re: 2016-2017 rules and new ideas discussion

[QUOTE=RcBro;5429255]I don't see the big issue Other then wording. We can still crown a us national champion with one large event.
Worlds is a name. We can host our own "for all the marbles" competition.

I agree it would be great if we could also have a US Nationals where drivers qualify for a shot at the national title each year in alternating areas of the country. Right now it seems all our major comps in the US ( with the exception of Worlds) is split. East coast has some huge comps (NENC, ECC, soon to be Monster showdown) and West coast also has major comps ( BOTW, Red Rocks Rumble,Az shootout etc.) with great organizers running all of them. Worlds seems to be the only one that really brings east and west together. In all fairness there always seems to be a good turnout of Europeans coming to the US for comps and not so much US guys going there so I feel that Worlds should be just that, Worlds. But I guess we come back to the original issue of who is hosting, organizing, etc. So I guess what I'm saying is I just wish we could have the best of both worlds (no pun intended) with US nationals and Worlds!

Last edited by blandon; 01-22-2016 at 05:44 PM.
blandon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2016, 09:16 PM   #103
RCC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnRobHolmes View Post

This year I will not be able to host worlds or nats. This puts the "qualifier" style events in a strange position, as I don't feel right giving away tickets to an event that I won't host.
John Robert Holmes, WTH is that?
You take over USRCCA in 2015, attempt to run it by yourself and then dump it in 2016? This, after all the talk about comp crawling becoming a dying sport.

I can't determine whether this move will be the final dagger in comp crawling in North America or an actual blessing. Maybe a new top dog with a handful of well-chosen directors can move this along to the benefit of the crawling community.

I like the idea of having the "Nationals" in the same place every year. Or at the very least the same place in the West alternating with the same place in the East. As Eddie said, it's easier to organize as well as planning for the competitors. But as in any organization, you need a group of enthusiastic people to pull it off.
Solitaire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2016, 09:24 PM   #104
5th D Owner/Driver

I would love to see at least a Nationals held here again, but wouldn't that also require it being put on by Holmes, which he's stated has no time to do which is why he let Worlds go to Europe? Its pretty clear he wants nothing to do with putting on a comp again from what I read into it. I applaud those that make the trek to the US every year for Nationals/Worlds, but unfortunately most americans dont have the ability to do the same. This leading without anyones say but yours has got to stop or sadly this is the end of a comp crawling organization.

Last edited by cboggs; 01-22-2016 at 09:32 PM.
cboggs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2016, 09:55 PM   #105
I wanna be Dave

Aaaaaaaaaahhhhhhhhh........

(to be continued)

after my head stops spinning
winnerone23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2016, 03:58 AM   #106
Stephan Hauser / # 7

I don't know If it desired to write my thinking. Everybody knows where compcrawling is comming, but after the last "worlds" more people spoke about "nats" and not "worlds". I spoke at the vegascrawl with a lot of drivers and asked them why so less people are one course, but nobody could tell me exakt. I also told John and the others from french nats called "BIG" and 42 drivers (-2 international) in proclass. This faces to 48 drivers (-9 international / 5 canadian and 4 european) at worlds last year and one year before with 52 (If i remember right -17 international / 5 candadian - 5 japanes - 7 european). Nobody wants to steel the event called "worlds" to europe, but a lot of time i have the feeling some US drivers more like the idea to went back to the good old NATS! This is only the opinion of an eurpean outsider, but sometimes it's not too bad to here what they think from a different place.

Perhaps i think it could help to discourage the Worls not every year like the Worldchampionship in football. Then maybe we all get the chance that a few drivers invest the time and money to come over to comp together wherever it takes place. I think If you try to set every year it wil not really grow up, no matter where the event will take place. Eurocrawl and US-Nats every year and Worlds every 2,3 or 4 years.

I think the only thing we want all, is to grow up and having fun together. Now we have to look how to get.
ZZR 1100 Racer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2016, 07:16 AM   #107
owner, Holmes Hobbies LLC

(Some of) You guys think my ability to host events has any bearing on comp crawling? Just because I'm not hosting worlds or nats does not mean it won't happen. It just means somebody else will be organizing and getting paid, nothing more. I trust others can host a better event than I can, so what is the problem?

Last year yall bitched pretty hard about world's being called world's but mostly US drivers. Now yall bitch because world's is moving around the world to where the attendance is.
JohnRobHolmes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2016, 07:21 AM   #108

Quote:
Originally Posted by cboggs View Post
I would love to see at least a Nationals held here again, but wouldn't that also require it being put on by Holmes, which he's stated has no time to do which is why he let Worlds go to Europe? Its pretty clear he wants nothing to do with putting on a comp again from what I read into it. I applaud those that make the trek to the US every year for Nationals/Worlds, but unfortunately most americans dont have the ability to do the same. This leading without anyones say but yours has got to stop or sadly this is the end of a comp crawling organization.

No no, I'm saying that somebody else will host. This is why I deleted the first thread, there is some serious lack of reading comprehension and horrible conclusion jumping.
Old 01-23-2016, 10:10 AM   #109
RcBros Hobbies

This almost turned out like the Axial thread when there website was down for a few hours.... wowza
Old 01-23-2016, 12:27 PM   #110
I wanna be Dave

Pffffff
Let the worlds be the worlds in the other countries.........

what we need Here is the Nationals, like they use to be.........

And NO Frickin rules changes....

2.2 PRO................ 2.2sport and 1.9......period........
roksloski is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2016, 07:04 PM   #111
RcBros Hobbies

So without everyone getting emotional, I think the facts are as follows.
  • A committee will be chosen to assist RCCA.
  • Worlds will be held in Europe this year
  • National Events are still OK
  • Qualifiers are still OK
  • Said selected committee can call an east and west coast national event, and a third held in the central US declaring a US National Champion.
  • Rules shouldn't be changed unless voted upon by said comittee
  • If website is to be used, we need one that works
  • Rock Crawling is awesome
  • Lets get rolling on this asap

Old 01-23-2016, 08:37 PM   #112

I'll go ahead and say that US Nationals is in the process of getting organized. A group of very well qualified and involved guys has brought a plan to the table, and there are just a few items to hammer out. Might just be the earliest planned event ever.
Old 01-23-2016, 08:50 PM   #113
I wanna be Dave

Following tradition? On the west coast this year?
Old 01-23-2016, 09:18 PM   #114

Not going to share details until it is finalized, and I'll probably let them handle the announcements. The tradition I care most about is a fun event with good attendance, so thats what we are shooting for.
Old 01-24-2016, 09:53 PM   #115
2013 2.2P Nat. Champion

Jake, Erik and I will put on a new beginning 10th...uh make that 11th Anniversary National Campionship. New thread, will be created soon. Please wait and will post everything.

Judges wanted������. More later.

Thanks to Erik we have this wonderful page below.

http://facebook.com/rcrockcrawlingchampionship

Last edited by SkaldidDog; 01-25-2016 at 07:57 AM. Reason: Math
SkaldidDog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2016, 01:47 AM   #116
RCC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by SkaldidDog View Post
Jake, Erik and I will put on a new beginning 10th Anniversary National Campionship. New thread, will be created soon. Please wait and will post everything.

Judges wanted������. More later.

Thanks to Erik we have this wonderful page below.

http://facebook.com/rcrockcrawlingchampionship
Isn't it already 11th time? Just a note. That surely sounds like a group who can build one hell of an event!
Zarizi Tech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2016, 05:15 AM   #117
I wanna be Dave

So worlds will truly be worlds this year. Time to update your passports boys. Looks like we are going to France. I just saw the post. The place looks amazing!!
Jslick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2016, 07:20 AM   #118
Wanna get? Gotta want.

Man, I couldnt be much more excited about this! This is going to be an un real comp!

I am really excited to be part of this with Joel, Jake and the tons of support that is already rolling in. All the support that we are ALREADY getting is what is going to be key in making this happen.

Here are some things I am really stoked about.

We are going to be 100% NON profit. If money comes in, it will be going back out supporting comp crawling.

We will be raising money for comp crawling. This money will go back directly to promoting the hobby. If we get $10, $10 goes back in. If we get $10k, $10k will go back in. Magazines, Facebook.... if you have other avenues, please let us know.

Judges will be paid LOTS OF CASH! There will also be other perks for those willing to step up and help. We are going to do anything and everything to make people fight for the judging spots. They are the backbone of the comp and need to compensated for it. Hopefully this ends any judging problems.

We would like the comps to be as cheap as possible, maybe even free! This depends on judges and support from you all though. About 90% of the entrance fee will go to judges. Another thread will be made to explain all of this.

We are looking for sponsors! If you would like to sponsor the biggest and baddest comp of the year, please let me know (PM me directly or email me). Sponsorship will be the main drive to raise money for promotion. Finally, you will be getting something for your money as the comp scene will grow directly from your donation.

This comp is going to pull some great numbers and without question the greatest drivers of any other comp. This should be an awesome way to rejuvenate the comp scene and build it from here.

The 3 of us are doing this for the love of comp crawling and that is the only reason. I would like to publicly thank Joel for being an outstanding role model. You could easily assume that Jake and I are in this for other reasons but, you cant even make something up to say that Joel is benefiting from this. It is pure, 100% love for the hobby and nothing but a great guy putting in some work to make the world a better place around him. I hope everybody can see what Joel is doing, what Jake and I are doing and help pitch in. We will be giving this comp hell and making it the best ever but we still need TONS of help. Together, we can make comp crawling great!
Erik D_lux is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2016, 07:29 AM   #119
I wanna be Dave

I'm in!

It's a exciting time to be a comp crawlerer and can't wait to do some crawlering!

Thanks Joel, Jake, and Erik!

I'll have to pre ship the venison, for lunch.. Someone bring a grill! Lol.. (One bite per person) ;)
Old 01-25-2016, 07:57 AM   #120
2013 2.2P Nat. Champion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zarizi Tech View Post
Isn't it already 11th time? Just a note.

Damn math...gets me every stinking time.

Thanks Erik and Jake ahead of time for all that you've done and will do over the next 9 months. Glad to be working with you on this. Y'all rock [crawl].

I look forward to seeing many a fine gent put on his volunteer hat for this one to the benefit of all.

J

Last edited by SkaldidDog; 01-25-2016 at 08:04 AM.
SkaldidDog is offline   Reply With Quote

2016-2017 rules and new ideas discussion - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
2016 MNRCRC Vehicle Rules dna4engr Minnesota 61 04-02-2016 06:16 PM
MNRCRC 2016 Rules Discussion Thread dna4engr Minnesota 66 11-09-2015 09:50 PM
1.9 Rules discussion Harley Missouri 29 10-21-2009 09:09 PM