Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Competitions and Events > WRCCA > WRCCA Rules

Notices

Thread: Course Hazards

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-20-2009, 10:00 PM   #1
I wanna be Dave

Default Course Hazards

At a comp a driver got some fishing line wrapped around one of his tires, luckily he was able to finish that course without removing it. If that fishing line would have bound up that axel and he had to remove it during his run, would it be normal to give him points for repairs, or are exceptions made for on course hazards like that? I checked the rule book and didn't see anything that covered this.
Greatscott is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 01-20-2009, 10:32 PM   #2
I wanna be Dave

I'm not sure how all clubs handle this . I know when I'm scoring it is up to me . Now with that said if they drive off course that is another thing . As long as the Judge gives everyone the same break or not all is good . If you are not sure ask for them to stop the time . Ask the Judge if removing this would cost you any points . If they say yes then it is their call , just move on .
Badd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2009, 11:35 PM   #3
I wanna be Dave

I would call a penalty. Its the drivers responsibility to walk the course, and inspect for such unintended hazards. When such a hazard is found they should ask before removing.

I let drivers pull out leaves, vines, and yes fishing line without penelty as long as the don't touch or move their vehicle. Most of the time those items are picked up while the driver is off the intended line of the course, and bad stuff happens when you are off course
Fishmaxx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2009, 12:33 AM   #4
no talent hack

SD will call it a penalty. if you stay on the rocks it wont happen so its the drivers problem. if we see fishing line during course setup it is removed
Nabil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2009, 09:27 PM   #5
I wanna be Dave

one of our spots is at a spill way where alot of people fish. We as a club try to clean out all the line before anyone starts running but we also as a club decided that as long as the truck is placed back in the exact same spot that removing fishing line (only) is ok. Sometimes it is hard to see opinion that crap and some gets missed. Theres no reason to penalize someone for that. My thoughts on the matter are, that as long as everyone agrees before hand and everyone gets the same treatment then all is good. It needs to be reasonable though.
bigflex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2009, 09:29 PM   #6
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by e-hills4x4 View Post
SD will call it a penalty. if you stay on the rocks it wont happen so its the drivers problem. if we see fishing line during course setup it is removed
thats not always true. That all depends on the size of the rocks and so forth. We do the same as well but fishing line isn't always easy to see. Especially when the rocks are white & lite grey.
bigflex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2009, 03:48 PM   #7
no talent hack

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigflex View Post
thats not always true. That all depends on the size of the rocks and so forth. We do the same as well but fishing line isn't always easy to see. Especially when the rocks are white & lite grey.
notice i referred to SD. the only place we encounter fishing line is lake wohlford. all the line is in the weeds. if you stay on the rocks you will be fine.
Nabil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2009, 12:56 PM   #8
I wanna be Dave

We call it a touch. I got a few last year.
DISTURBIN' tha PEACE is offline   Reply With Quote