RCCrawler Forums

RCCrawler Forums (http://www.rccrawler.com/forum/)
-   WRCCA Rules (http://www.rccrawler.com/forum/wrcca-rules/)
-   -   Gate Progression Question (http://www.rccrawler.com/forum/wrcca-rules/235745-gate-progression-question.html)

Cruzin Illusion 03-04-2010 02:17 PM

Gate Progression Question

If a driver gets one front and one rear tire through a gate and then hits a gate to point out does that driver get the progress? I know if you take a gate penalty and get one front and one rear though or if you get all four tires through it is progress but was wondering on the other situation.

rockbound 03-04-2010 02:48 PM

depends on when progress and the gate was hit, if the judges calls progress then you hit the gate, then yes you will get progress, if you have not progressed the gate before hitting gate, you will not get progress.

ex going through a gate at an angle and you get both front wheels through and the r rear passes through befor the left rear, your r rear can go through the gate and get progress and the l rear hits the gate.

EeePee 03-04-2010 02:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rockbound (Post 2337925)
ex going through a gate at an angle and you get both front wheels through and the r rear passes through befor the left rear, your r rear can go through the gate and get progress and the l rear hits the gate.

Happens all the time, and yep, Progress called, then gate. Specific order of events is important.

rock hard 03-04-2010 03:18 PM

I'm probably wrong,but if hitting a gate will point you out.

even if its your last rear tire that hits,no progresso I think.

cuz you have to completely get through the gate to get progress. not just break the plane.

if you hit a gate trying to get progress you have pointed yourself out befor clearing the gate.

JeremyH 03-04-2010 03:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by EeePee (Post 2337960)
Specific order of events is important.

Yep, that's how I judge it as well....

nitrojeff 03-04-2010 03:49 PM

we had that situation happen on gate 10
so if progress is called when the 1st rear tire is thru the gate, the clock stops and it wouldn't matter if he hit the last gate, right?

Cruzin Illusion 03-04-2010 04:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by EeePee (Post 2337960)
Happens all the time, and yep, Progress called, then gate. Specific order of events is important.

As a judge do you supposed to call Progress when one front and one rear breaks the plane, then call a gate penalty if the driver does not progress all four tires?

nitrojeff 03-04-2010 05:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cruzin Illusion (Post 2338085)
As a judge do you supposed to Progress when one front and one rear breaks the plane, then call a gate penalty if the driver does not progress all four tires?

I call progress when one front and one rear tire PASSES the plane, between the markers.

rockbound 03-05-2010 05:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by nitrojeff (Post 2338063)
we had that situation happen on gate 10
so if progress is called when the 1st rear tire is thru the gate, the clock stops and it wouldn't matter if he hit the last gate, right?

correct. "thumbsup"

rockbound 03-05-2010 05:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rock hard (Post 2338006)
I'm probably wrong,but if hitting a gate will point you out.

even if its your last rear tire that hits,no progresso I think.

cuz you have to completely get through the gate to get progress. not just break the plane.

if you hit a gate trying to get progress you have pointed yourself out befor clearing the gate.

wrong, you can straddle a gate and get progress, you only need 1 front and 1 rear to get progress.

in your example yes you hit the gate trying to get progress before clearing the gate so you point out no progress,

if it isnt the last gate you can get progress and a gate penalty, that gate penalty will be tallied under the next gates penalties not the cleared/progressed gate.