RCCrawler Forums

RCCrawler Forums (http://www.rccrawler.com/forum/)
-   WRCCA Rules (http://www.rccrawler.com/forum/wrcca-rules/)
-   -   Common Rule Myths and Mistakes (http://www.rccrawler.com/forum/wrcca-rules/281378-common-rule-myths-mistakes.html)

Fishmaxx 11-17-2010 08:58 AM

Common Rule Myths and Mistakes
 
There are several "RULE MYTHS" I continue to run across every time I go outside my local club.

I got 3 tires through!

If you only get 3 tires through its a penalty!

1.5 - Gate Marker (10 pts each): each gate will be comprised of 2 gate markers. Points are given when 4 wheels do not travel between gate markers or any part of the vehicle or driver touches a gate marker.

You can get 2x tires (1x front/1x rear same side) through for progress, but its penalty. 3x tires through means nothing special.


1.10 - Progress bonus (-2 progress point): shall be awarded to drivers for each gate that is cleared by the vehicle during the attempt of a course. A gate is considered cleared and a progress bonus shall be given when at least one front and one rear tire passes completely through the gate in the intended direction of the gate. All 4 tires must pass completely through the gate to receive the progress bonus without a gate penalty. (See Illustration A) A 10 point gate penalty shall be given if all 4 tires do not clear the gate, even if no gate marker is touched or straddled. The tires of the vehicle must travel completely through the gate, and not just break the plane of the gate. Tires must pass through the gate in the same direction and in the same attempt before a progress bonus is awarded.

http://i75.photobucket.com/albums/i3...RCCA_Rules.jpg






Another myth thats related to this.

Driver driving through a gate claims....
I got progress before my tire hit the gate.

IMPOSSIBLE unless they go through the gate then reverse or back flip towards the gate. (See above)







I got PROGRESS because my wheel nut past the center of marker, so thats PROGRESS


WRONG see above






There are imaginary beams of light coming from the gate going straight up into the sky that you can't break

1000% WRONG There is zero reference to this being a rule. If anyone tells you that...."Tell that is not in the Rules!"

The ultra-simple break down is..

If you touch the gate, or don't get 4x Tires through the gate BEFORE making progress.....ITS A PENALTY

Fishmaxx 11-17-2010 08:58 AM

more to come:shock:

Redlinerob 11-18-2010 10:12 PM

Thanks again for this clarification , and the informative lesson up in St. George. This should really help. "thumbsup" ( Imaginary beams of light :lmao: )

Redlinerob

Cruzin Illusion 11-18-2010 10:46 PM

This is one of the biggest misunderstood rules. It has to be explained alot, even with the picture placed in the rules.

Fish you need to explain if you are attempting a gate and you roll sideways over a gate and you do not touch the gate that it is a hover and a gate penalty. Alot of people do not call that a gate because you hovered the gate with your body and not the axle.

4xFord 11-18-2010 11:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cruzin Illusion (Post 2750114)
Fish you need to explain if you are attempting a gate and you roll sideways over a gate and you do not touch the gate that it is a hover and a gate penalty.

How does that not contradict this


Quote:

Originally Posted by Fishmaxx (Post 2746835)
There are imaginary beams of light coming from the gate going straight up into the sky that you can't break

1000% WRONG There is zero reference to this being a rule. If anyone tells you that...."Tell that is not in the Rules!"

The ultra-simple break down is..

If you touch the gate, straddle the gate, or don't get 4x Tires through the gate BEFORE making progress.....ITS A PENALTY

Straddle is described here....

o 7.3.2 - If at any time the axle of a vehicle (facing in any direction) passes over any part of a gate marker and both tires of that axle are touching the ground (or any object on the ground) on opposite sides of the gate markers,
it is considered a straddle and a Gate Marker penalty is assessed.


rock hard 11-18-2010 11:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cruzin Illusion (Post 2750114)
This is one of the biggest misunderstood rules. It has to be explained alot, even with the picture placed in the rules.

Fish you need to explain if you are attempting a gate and you roll sideways over a gate and you do not touch the gate that it is a hover and a gate penalty. Alot of people do not call that a gate because you hovered the gate with your body and not the axle.


I have called same scenario as no progress,no penalty.Driver must reattempt gate,but I could be interpreting the rule wrong.



Thank you fish for the detailed clarity,this will help everyone understand even better,how we should be calling when judging.

Fishmaxx 11-18-2010 11:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cruzin Illusion (Post 2750114)
This is one of the biggest misunderstood rules. It has to be explained alot, even with the picture placed in the rules.

Fish you need to explain if you are attempting a gate and you roll sideways over a gate and you do not touch the gate that it is a hover and a gate penalty. Alot of people do not call that a gate because you hovered the gate with your body and not the axle.


I've learned over the years that sometimes different words mean different things to different people, and Hover/hovered is not described in the rules.

Any part of a truck CAN flip, fly, hover, float, hover, twist or launch over the gate in any direction!

If the truck ...... 1) doesn't touch the gate, or 2) doesn't make progress.....ITS A NOT A PENALTY

If I am understanding your scenario correctly = NO PENALTY.


JeremyH 11-19-2010 07:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fishmaxx (Post 2750229)

If the truck ...... 1) doesn't touch the gate, or 2) doesn't make progress.....ITS A NOT A PENALTY

If I am understanding your scenario correctly = NO PENALTY.

Thanks for the clarification!

rock hard 11-28-2010 11:50 PM

If the truck l;aunches a gate and is in air,and as a judge I can clearly see that one of the tires didnt pass "between or through" the gate markers.

1. its a progress with penalty?

2.its not a penalty but they get no progress?

3. its progress and no penalty?

Me I'd call a penalty as the truck in my mind has progressed,but it wasnt progressed with all 4 tires between the gate markers.

4xFord 11-30-2010 04:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rock hard (Post 2766320)
If the truck l;aunches a gate and is in air,and as a judge I can clearly see that one of the tires didnt pass "between or through" the gate markers.

1. its a progress with penalty?

2.its not a penalty but they get no progress?

3. its progress and no penalty?

Me I'd call a penalty as the truck in my mind has progressed,but it wasnt progressed with all 4 tires between the gate markers.


Progress with a penalty. "thumbsup"

renoirbud 11-30-2010 05:06 PM

if you progress through gate 4 and when attempting gate 5 your truck goes out of control and scrambles accross gate 4, but does not touch the gate markers, that is no penaly right? Because gate 4 was already cleared?

Fishmaxx 11-30-2010 05:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by renoirbud (Post 2769346)
if you progress through gate 4 and when attempting gate 5 your truck goes out of control and scrambles accross gate 4, but does not touch the gate markers, that is no penaly right? Because gate 4 was already cleared?

Scrambles?

I thought you ordered those at Denny's :flipoff:


Your over complicating it with Scrambles. Scrambles is not a penalty, so its irrelevant.

In any situation ask yourself these 3 questions.

1) Did they touch the gate?
2) Did they straddle the Gate?
3) Did they get 4 tire through the gate before making progress?



Answer:
1) No = No Penalty
2) No = No Penalty
3) No = Penalty


:flipoff:

team3six 11-30-2010 06:05 PM

lol, Thanks fishmaxx for postng this. it also transfers over to scale rules in my opinion.

I just find it funny how other people intentionally or un intentionally read the rules when I clearly understand them.

you have one guy who is looking for the hole in the rule to squeek by while the other is confused by other rules being related or non related to the rules.

Now I know why McDonalds has 12 lawyers write 13 pages of rules for the Monopoly promotion:mrgreen:

renoirbud 11-30-2010 06:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Duuuuuuuude (Post 2769531)
So my original post was correct? You can pass a wheel over the marker (not touching it) , but not the axle.

You can pass an axle over the gate, as long as your wheels are not touching the ground and your not making progress. (current rules)

I think we need taller gate markers and if you touch them penalty, if you do not, your good.

I do not like a rule that changes if you make progress or you don't.

renoirbud 11-30-2010 06:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by team3six (Post 2769540)


you have one guy who is looking for the hole in the rule to squeek by while the other is confused by other rules being related or non related to the rules.
:mrgreen:

It could just be that that one guy wants the rule to be 100% understood and is playing the devils advocate.

4xFord 11-30-2010 06:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by renoirbud (Post 2769346)
if you progress through gate 4 and when attempting gate 5 your truck goes out of control and scrambles accross gate 4, but does not touch the gate markers, that is no penaly right? Because gate 4 was already cleared?

Exactly.

rock hard 11-30-2010 06:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by renoirbud (Post 2769578)
Straddling a non cleared gate out of sequence is a reporsition, even if you donot get a gate penalty, steer clear of that.

Going through gates wrong direction or out of sequence is a disqualafication
as I recall.

I actuslly need to read the rules again.
\I think its mearly enering and your dq'd. But maybe you have to prgress in wrong direction/sequence.

But I think once youve entered your out of the game.

TwistedCreations 11-30-2010 06:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rock hard (Post 2769611)
Going through gates wrong direction or out of sequence is a disqualafication
as I recall.

Once again, another myth of older rules :lmao:

1.12 - Course Direction (10 pts) Gates must be cleared in their intended direction and sequence. Any part of the vehicle entering an un-cleared gate in the wrong direction, or driven through out of sequence will result in a 10 point penalty. The judge will stop time. The vehicle is then moved back by the driver to the previously cleared gate with the rear axle aligned to that gate. If the vehicle cannot be aligned to the gate due to course design, the judge will reposition the vehicle to the next stable location after the cleared gate. This location will be used for all drivers. Once the gate is cleared and awarded progress it can be traveled in any sequence or direction.

renoirbud 11-30-2010 06:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rock hard (Post 2769611)
Going through gates wrong direction or out of sequence is a disqualafication
as I recall.

It was in 2009.

Duuuuuuuude 11-30-2010 06:34 PM

So now I'm confused again...let me see if I have it straight...

This rule is for when you are in the air...

Quote:

Originally Posted by renoirbud (Post 2769545)
You can pass an axle over the gate, as long as your wheels are not touching the ground and your not making progress. (current rules)

This rule is for when you are on the ground...

Quote:

Originally Posted by TwistedCreations (Post 2769606)
Ask yourself the same question once again....Did you straddle the gate?

Yes = PENALTY.....



All times are GMT -6. The time now is 12:14 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2021, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO ©2011, Crawlability, Inc.
Copyright 2004-2014 RCCrawler.com