Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Competitions and Events > WRCCA > WRCCA Rules

Notices

Thread: Common Rule Myths and Mistakes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-17-2010, 07:58 AM   #1
I wanna be Dave

Default Common Rule Myths and Mistakes

There are several "RULE MYTHS" I continue to run across every time I go outside my local club.

I got 3 tires through!

If you only get 3 tires through its a penalty!

1.5 - Gate Marker (10 pts each): each gate will be comprised of 2 gate markers. Points are given when 4 wheels do not travel between gate markers or any part of the vehicle or driver touches a gate marker.

You can get 2x tires (1x front/1x rear same side) through for progress, but its penalty. 3x tires through means nothing special.

1.10 - Progress bonus (-2 progress point): shall be awarded to drivers for each gate that is cleared by the vehicle during the attempt of a course. A gate is considered cleared and a progress bonus shall be given when at least one front and one rear tire passes completely through the gate in the intended direction of the gate. All 4 tires must pass completely through the gate to receive the progress bonus without a gate penalty. (See Illustration A) A 10 point gate penalty shall be given if all 4 tires do not clear the gate, even if no gate marker is touched or straddled. The tires of the vehicle must travel completely through the gate, and not just break the plane of the gate. Tires must pass through the gate in the same direction and in the same attempt before a progress bonus is awarded.

Another myth thats related to this.

Driver driving through a gate claims....
I got progress before my tire hit the gate.

IMPOSSIBLE unless they go through the gate then reverse or back flip towards the gate. (See above)

I got PROGRESS because my wheel nut past the center of marker, so thats PROGRESS

WRONG see above

There are imaginary beams of light coming from the gate going straight up into the sky that you can't break

1000% WRONG There is zero reference to this being a rule. If anyone tells you that...."Tell that is not in the Rules!"

The ultra-simple break down is..

If you touch the gate, or don't get 4x Tires through the gate BEFORE making progress.....ITS A PENALTY

Last edited by Fishmaxx; 12-28-2012 at 09:16 AM.
Fishmaxx is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 11-17-2010, 07:58 AM   #2
I wanna be Dave

more to come
Old 11-18-2010, 09:12 PM   #3
Pebble Pounder

Thanks again for this clarification , and the informative lesson up in St. George. This should really help. ( Imaginary beams of light )

Redlinerob
Redlinerob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2010, 09:46 PM   #4
Keep Crawling in Crawling

This is one of the biggest misunderstood rules. It has to be explained alot, even with the picture placed in the rules.

Fish you need to explain if you are attempting a gate and you roll sideways over a gate and you do not touch the gate that it is a hover and a gate penalty. Alot of people do not call that a gate because you hovered the gate with your body and not the axle.

Last edited by Cruzin Illusion; 11-18-2010 at 09:49 PM.
Cruzin Illusion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2010, 10:23 PM   #5
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cruzin Illusion View Post
Fish you need to explain if you are attempting a gate and you roll sideways over a gate and you do not touch the gate that it is a hover and a gate penalty.
How does that not contradict this

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fishmaxx View Post
There are imaginary beams of light coming from the gate going straight up into the sky that you can't break

1000% WRONG There is zero reference to this being a rule. If anyone tells you that...."Tell that is not in the Rules!"

The ultra-simple break down is..

If you touch the gate, straddle the gate, or don't get 4x Tires through the gate BEFORE making progress.....ITS A PENALTY

Straddle is described here....

o 7.3.2 - If at any time the axle of a vehicle (facing in any direction) passes over any part of a gate marker and both tires of that axle are touching the ground (or any object on the ground) on opposite sides of the gate markers,
it is considered a straddle and a Gate Marker penalty is assessed.
4xFord is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2010, 10:29 PM   #6
dnf

Quote:
This is one of the biggest misunderstood rules. It has to be explained alot, even with the picture placed in the rules.

Fish you need to explain if you are attempting a gate and you roll sideways over a gate and you do not touch the gate that it is a hover and a gate penalty. Alot of people do not call that a gate because you hovered the gate with your body and not the axle.

I have called same scenario as no progress,no penalty.Driver must reattempt gate,but I could be interpreting the rule wrong.

Thank you fish for the detailed clarity,this will help everyone understand even better,how we should be calling when judging.

Last edited by rock hard; 11-18-2010 at 10:32 PM.
rock hard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2010, 10:49 PM   #7
I wanna be Dave

Quote:

I've learned over the years that sometimes different words mean different things to different people, and Hover/hovered is not described in the rules.

Any part of a truck CAN flip, fly, hover, float, hover, twist or launch over the gate in any direction!

If the truck ...... 1) doesn't touch the gate, or 2) doesn't make progress.....ITS A NOT A PENALTY

If I am understanding your scenario correctly = NO PENALTY.

Last edited by Fishmaxx; 12-28-2012 at 09:18 AM.
Old 11-19-2010, 06:58 AM   #8
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fishmaxx View Post

If the truck ...... 1) doesn't touch the gate, or 2) doesn't make progress.....ITS A NOT A PENALTY

If I am understanding your scenario correctly = NO PENALTY.
Thanks for the clarification!

Last edited by Fishmaxx; 12-28-2012 at 09:18 AM.
JeremyH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2010, 10:50 PM   #9
dnf

If the truck l;aunches a gate and is in air,and as a judge I can clearly see that one of the tires didnt pass "between or through" the gate markers.

1. its a progress with penalty?

2.its not a penalty but they get no progress?

3. its progress and no penalty?

Me I'd call a penalty as the truck in my mind has progressed,but it wasnt progressed with all 4 tires between the gate markers.
Old 11-30-2010, 03:05 PM   #10
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by rock hard View Post
If the truck l;aunches a gate and is in air,and as a judge I can clearly see that one of the tires didnt pass "between or through" the gate markers.

1. its a progress with penalty?

2.its not a penalty but they get no progress?

3. its progress and no penalty?

Me I'd call a penalty as the truck in my mind has progressed,but it wasnt progressed with all 4 tires between the gate markers.

Progress with a penalty.
Old 11-30-2010, 04:06 PM   #11
RCC Addict

if you progress through gate 4 and when attempting gate 5 your truck goes out of control and scrambles accross gate 4, but does not touch the gate markers, that is no penaly right? Because gate 4 was already cleared?
renoirbud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2010, 04:44 PM   #12
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by renoirbud View Post
if you progress through gate 4 and when attempting gate 5 your truck goes out of control and scrambles accross gate 4, but does not touch the gate markers, that is no penaly right? Because gate 4 was already cleared?
Scrambles?

I thought you ordered those at Denny's

Your over complicating it with Scrambles. Scrambles is not a penalty, so its irrelevant.

In any situation ask yourself these 3 questions.

1) Did they touch the gate?
2) Did they straddle the Gate?
3) Did they get 4 tire through the gate before making progress?

Answer:
1) No = No Penalty
2) No = No Penalty
3) No = Penalty

Old 11-30-2010, 05:05 PM   #13
www.team3sixrc.com

lol, Thanks fishmaxx for postng this. it also transfers over to scale rules in my opinion.

I just find it funny how other people intentionally or un intentionally read the rules when I clearly understand them.

you have one guy who is looking for the hole in the rule to squeek by while the other is confused by other rules being related or non related to the rules.

Now I know why McDonalds has 12 lawyers write 13 pages of rules for the Monopoly promotion
team3six is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2010, 05:06 PM   #14
RCC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duuuuuuuude View Post
So my original post was correct? You can pass a wheel over the marker (not touching it) , but not the axle.
You can pass an axle over the gate, as long as your wheels are not touching the ground and your not making progress. (current rules)

I think we need taller gate markers and if you touch them penalty, if you do not, your good.

I do not like a rule that changes if you make progress or you don't.
Old 11-30-2010, 05:08 PM   #15
RCC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by team3six View Post

you have one guy who is looking for the hole in the rule to squeek by while the other is confused by other rules being related or non related to the rules.
It could just be that that one guy wants the rule to be 100% understood and is playing the devils advocate.
Old 11-30-2010, 05:20 PM   #16
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Exactly.
Old 11-30-2010, 05:28 PM   #17
dnf

Quote:
Straddling a non cleared gate out of sequence is a reporsition, even if you donot get a gate penalty, steer clear of that.
Going through gates wrong direction or out of sequence is a disqualafication
as I recall.

I actuslly need to read the rules again.
\I think its mearly enering and your dq'd. But maybe you have to prgress in wrong direction/sequence.

But I think once youve entered your out of the game.

Last edited by rock hard; 11-30-2010 at 05:32 PM.
Old 11-30-2010, 05:29 PM   #18
Colt Python/SR9c

Quote:
as I recall.
Once again, another myth of older rules

1.12 - Course Direction (10 pts) Gates must be cleared in their intended direction and sequence. Any part of the vehicle entering an un-cleared gate in the wrong direction, or driven through out of sequence will result in a 10 point penalty. The judge will stop time. The vehicle is then moved back by the driver to the previously cleared gate with the rear axle aligned to that gate. If the vehicle cannot be aligned to the gate due to course design, the judge will reposition the vehicle to the next stable location after the cleared gate. This location will be used for all drivers. Once the gate is cleared and awarded progress it can be traveled in any sequence or direction.
TwistedCreations is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2010, 05:33 PM   #19
RCC Addict

Quote:
as I recall.
It was in 2009.
Old 11-30-2010, 05:34 PM   #20
Suck it up!

So now I'm confused again...let me see if I have it straight...

This rule is for when you are in the air...

Quote:
You can pass an axle over the gate, as long as your wheels are not touching the ground and your not making progress. (current rules)
This rule is for when you are on the ground...

Quote:
Originally Posted by TwistedCreations View Post
Ask yourself the same question once again....Did you straddle the gate?

Yes = PENALTY.....
Duuuuuuuude is offline   Reply With Quote