If you want rear steer build a super.
aka the man's class...
4xFord is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2010, 07:53 PM   #7
RCC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Biscuit View Post
Yeah, rear steer and dig on 1.9 also.
That 1.9 also needs forced articulation, else it will not work.
renoirbud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2010, 11:31 PM   #8
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by jason View Post
If you want rear steer build a super.

Yep I got a Super running since 2006, Not to many around to compete with these days though.

I see plenty of Practically Unlimited 2.2's around though.

Not much of a Discussion......
Why Not? Why no Rear Steer?

I personally think it's mainly because most Driver's don't want to adopt a Stick Radio. There's just no other easy way to control all the functions with out it.

Is it that Rear Steering is to much of a advantage or something?
Johnson420 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2010, 05:09 AM   #9
RCC Addict

well I really dont relish the idea of stabbing another 159.00 servo and another 130.00 for super 300's. , and then the lockouts and the straight axle kit that i bought for the rear would be useless. It would have it advantages but then it would be the same as a mini super and that would be another class in itself. There has to be some stability in this hobby and that is provided by the 2.2 class. Why change what works?
hbj069 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2010, 07:36 AM   #10
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnson420 View Post
I personally think it's mainly because most Driver's don't want to adopt a Stick Radio. There's just no other easy way to control all the functions with out it.

Is it that Rear Steering is to much of a advantage or something?
The 4Pk is more than up to the task of handling rear steer and most of the top 2.2 drivers are running that radio already.So I would say radio is not the issue.
I would say the reason for not having rear steer in the 2.2 class is because the class is fine the way it is without it.For people wanting to run rear steer Super is the class for them.To me having one class without and one with gives people options on what style of truck they run and keeps from having the 2 classes merge together and completely killing the Super class.
joesbruiser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2010, 08:25 AM   #11
Rock Crawler

I feel there should only ever be a change when the driver has out performed the truck. In other words, there isn't a line that the driver cant go that the truck will. Eg. Austin.

We would add variables to the trucks when there NEEDS to be a reason too.

When we competed with supers it was almost hard to make courses that challenged the truck.

On a national level it will never work, it has been discussed for years and it always ends up with the same result. If you want to do it on a local comp level, there is no one stopping you, Our club adopts what ever rules, and styles we want.

I personally would love to do that. But i also wouldn't spend the $$$$$ I'd have 5k in trucks if i had all the ones i wanted, Super, 2.2 pro, 2.2 unlimited, 1.9 and sportsman... I think this hobby is built on guys who don't have unlimited budgets, If we did we would probably all run 1:1's

Again I've always liked the idea, but just don't have the $ for it.
aaugman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2010, 08:37 AM   #12
Pebble Pounder

You can always put it on and lock it for the comps that wont let you use it.
White Stripe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2010, 08:48 AM   #13
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by White Stripe View Post
You can always put it on and lock it for the comps that wont let you use it.
Which would be almost 100% of the comps that most of us attend, so why waste the time or money.

This topic has been beat to death!! Search and you'll find all the discussion you're looking for!!
redbaron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2010, 09:12 AM   #14
Pebble Pounder

Well ya u r right. But if u wanna put it on to have fun on your own I guess then u can just lock it out for comps. I mean I dream of putting 4WS on my 1:1 but cant afford it. Prob same with a lota people. So maybe they can get a tiny bit close to the same feeling by putting it on their 2.2 or whatever just for fun. But ya u r right, if its just for comps, then its a waste-makes sense.
White Stripe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2010, 04:50 PM   #15
Quarry Creeper

I appreciate all replies.
I'll try and keep up.

Quote:
Originally Posted by hbj069 View Post
well I really dont relish the idea of stabbing another 159.00 servo and another 130.00 for super 300's. , and then the lockouts and the straight axle kit that i bought for the rear would be useless.
This wasn't to talk about money or other parts you need or don't need to buy.

It would have it advantages but then it would be the same as a mini super and that would be another class in itself.
A Mini Super would have Multiple Tire Options that a Super currently does not, and they already exist.

There has to be some stability in this hobby and that is provided by the 2.2 class. Why change what works?
This Hobby has been changing since the Beginning, Things do Change and Have Changed. Nothing wrong with that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by joesbruiser View Post
The 4Pk is more than up to the task of handling rear steer and most of the top 2.2 drivers are running that radio already.So I would say radio is not the issue.
I still beg to differ to Joe.
The 4PK doesn't have Full Proportional Control of All Four Channels at the same time, like a Stick Radio.
and then add Front and Rear suspension winches, and add who know what else.

I would say the reason for not having rear steer in the 2.2 class is because the class is fine the way it is without it.
When things first started it was fine that almost no one had Front or Rear Burn either, now pretty much every rig has it. Everything and Everyone is Advancing

For people wanting to run rear steer Super is the class for them.To me having one class without and one with gives people options on what style of truck they run and keeps from having the 2 classes merge together and completely killing the Super class.
You know better then most that Parts and Equipment (Especially Servo's) on a Super just don't hold up the same as a 2.2 Rig. Super Class is a expensive class to run every way you look at it, and I think thats why we have fewer numbers of Supers compared to other classes. Supers will never Die!

Quote:
Originally Posted by aaugman View Post
I feel there should only ever be a change when the driver has out performed the truck. In other words, there isn't a line that the driver cant go that the truck will. Eg. Austin.

We would add variables to the trucks when there NEEDS to be a reason too.

When we competed with supers it was almost hard to make courses that challenged the truck.
This a the Course Designers problem. Austin is Just one of their many Nightmare's. Course Designers and Top Drivers should be working together. Let those Top Drivers design and show us what is difficult for them on Course's.

On a national level it will never work, it has been discussed for years and it always ends up with the same result.
Please explain why it wont work, were just adding Rear Steering to a Current Class
If you want to do it on a local comp level, there is no one stopping you, Our club adopts what ever rules, and styles we want.

I personally would love to do that. But i also wouldn't spend the $$$$$ I'd have 5k in trucks if i had all the ones i wanted, Super, 2.2 pro, 2.2 unlimited, 1.9 and sportsman... I think this hobby is built on guys who don't have unlimited budgets, If we did we would probably all run 1:1's
We all have this problem, We can't always run them all and we must choose what we like to run best.

Again I've always liked the idea, but just don't have the $ for it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by redbaron View Post
Which would be almost 100% of the comps that most of us attend, so why waste the time or money.

This topic has been beat to death!! Search and you'll find all the discussion you're looking for!!
Most of the Discussions are Old and Out Dated.
If I missed a Thread were someone explains a Valid Reason why No Rear Steer in 2.2 Please post.

When I look at the 1:1 Crawling Comps, that we as a Hobby are trying to Copy More or Less:
I Don't See Mini or Super Classes.
Were probably not gonna see many Monster Trucks the Size of Grave Digger having Rock Crawling Comps and not to many Rhino Size Rock Crawling Comps either.

I See basically our 2.2 Class Divided.
Modified Stock = Sportsman Class
Pro Mod = Current 2.2 Pro
Unlimited Class = could be Unlimited 2.2s

By looking at these current 1:1 Classes we can see we are not allowing our Rigs to Reach there Full Potential by not having rear Steer in the Top 2.2 Class.
Link to W.E. Rock Rule Book

Last edited by Johnson420; 11-27-2010 at 04:54 PM.
Johnson420 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2010, 05:10 PM   #16
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by hbj069 View Post
well I really dont relish the idea of stabbing another 159.00 servo and another 130.00 for super 300's. , and then the lockouts and the straight axle kit that i bought for the rear would be useless. It would have it advantages but then it would be the same as a mini super and that would be another class in itself. There has to be some stability in this hobby and that is provided by the 2.2 class. Why change what works?
Thank goodness... Sanity!
Greatscott is offline   Reply With Quote