RCCrawler Forums

RCCrawler Forums (http://www.rccrawler.com/forum/)
-   WRCCA Rules (http://www.rccrawler.com/forum/wrcca-rules/)
-   -   Usrcca "judges" (http://www.rccrawler.com/forum/wrcca-rules/284582-usrcca-judges.html)

sococrawler 12-05-2010 09:14 AM

Usrcca "judges"

I would like to see some sort of "deemed" usrcca official judges that we can call upon at various local/state/national level competitions, is this possible in the near future?
I myself have judged throughout the nation and quite often try to help marshall and judge at various comps here, i have answered many questions or tried to answer them to the best of the usrcca rules that i can, people look to us that have been to the nationals,state championships and judged and ran, for knowledge to help them.

this thread is for all that wish to chime in and hopefully we can have some judges that are recognized by usrcca in various locations throughout the nation that can help at "all" levels of competition

thank you ahead of time
Randy

666 12-05-2010 09:26 AM

I judge at just about every comp I go to. So I am on the list.

sococrawler 12-05-2010 10:08 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 666 (Post 2778499)
I judge at just about every comp I go to. So I am on the list.

as to my knowledge there is no actual list of "OFFICIAL USRCCA Judges"
but patrick i see you at all the big comps we go to know that you have been judging for quite some time, and thank you for the time you invest, we have our set marshall's but we don't have a true set of judge's we can all rely upon.

SoCo Crawlgirl 12-05-2010 09:53 PM

If there is a list where is it posted for others to see? and do you have to test to become a judge? and what is required to become a reconized USRCCA judge? there should be testing and resume requirements.Iit would help out the marshalls and club/people at local comps if there were more people knowledgable of the rules.

666 12-05-2010 10:05 PM

You asked for a list of judges, I posted up. Sounds like I am the only one out of 81 people that have viewed this thread at this time.

To be a true USRCCA judge you should be fluent with all rules without a doubt, and have plenty of experience.

There is no set list, sounds like we are making it, not many want to devote their time, I can, will, and have!!

Should there be a test? Maybe, what would you test them on? If you have to be tested on being a judge, maybe you shouldn't be one. It's simple but yet so complex to some.

A resume? ......?

So where are we going from here?

The Violator 12-05-2010 10:14 PM

At the large qualifiers there probably should be some rules to who judges. I was a larger AZ comp and saw the judge not call gates on one of his local guys. I asked about it, but since he was one of the guys in charge, I guess my vote did not count. This same guy also runs cars that would never pass tech on the hopes people think it is a chassis it is not. I guess this guy wants to truely roll like one of his sponsors.

Fishmaxx 12-05-2010 10:15 PM

Currently there is no OFFICIAL list, but it something we are talking about in Rules Committee.

We are also working on a Judges Test that will in the least be used to help educate all judges at any level, and possibly be used for some type of certification.

666 12-05-2010 10:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The Violator (Post 2779873)
At the large qualifiers there probably should be some rules to who judges. I was a larger AZ comp and saw the judge not call gates on one of his local guys. I asked about it, but since he was one of the guys in charge, I guess my vote did not count. This same guy also runs cars that would never pass tech on the hopes people think it is a chassis it is not. I guess this guy wants to truely roll like one of his sponsors.

All I can say is "Oh My!!"

The Violator 12-05-2010 10:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 666 (Post 2779879)
All I can say is "Oh My!!"

I guess it is a thin RED LINE, but I Refuse to Out Bitch ass cheating people. They will get theirs in the end.

boosted4lyf 12-05-2010 10:33 PM

I've tried searching for it to no avail but I remember a link to a judges test I believe it was in the chit chat section,who knows

rock hard 12-05-2010 10:37 PM

So if judges are tested

would they be required to retest each season,or as rules change?

Would all judges have to take the test to be elligable to judge?

If they do have to be elligable,and the last minute you need a judge for whatever reason,will you not be able to take any able body who steeped
up to voluteer?

My opinion,event organizer rules the roost at that event.
I wouldnt want an organizer to need to motivate people to get qualified
so they can sign up to judge.

A organizer should work with the marshalls though to be assured the judges are aware of rules.

I would suggest that certain scenarios that are possible to play out on any given course are different,and marshalls may want to forsee to the best of thier ability,those problems that course may offer ahead of time with the judges on each course.

Not everyone calls things the same,but if its called the same on that course
then whats the problem really.

Now take for example at nationals,I was informed any rolling backward accidental or not was a reverse.

So even if you rolled a small amount its a penalty.

There was one 1.9 course the judge was very strick about that.
the other courses wasnt.

everyone on each course was judged consistantly all day.

(except the repaire thing) So even great drivers who have been judging along time can screw up
As not every driver was made aware by those judges in advance that off course repair was an option on that course.

I have been to comps and if you roll back a bit its not called if judge can see it was unintentional.If he has integrity,and calls everyone the same.
whats the issue.

Now if a guys is doing what violater is mentioning,well thats an issue.

But if you call your buddies for every reverse just like you did me,
then I have myself have no reason to complain.

Fishmaxx 12-05-2010 10:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rock hard (Post 2779922)
So if judges are tested

would they be required to retest each season,or as rules change?

Would all judges have to take the test to be elligable to judge?

If they do have to be elligable,and the last minute you need a judge for whatever reason,will you not be able to take any able body who steeped
up to voluteer?

My opinion,event organizer rules the roost at that event.
I wouldnt want an organizer to need to motivate people to get qualified
so they can sign up to judge.

A organizer should work with the marshalls though to be assured the judges are aware of rules.

There is no formal plan, and I am almost positive it will be a VOLUNTARY certification. Finding Judges period is a challenge.......my event is 5 months away and I have looking for over a month already.

Who judges and how hard the work to get good judges will ALWAYS be up to Event Organizers.

JeremyH 12-06-2010 08:05 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The Violator (Post 2779873)

That is quite sad. I hope that person reads this and feels embarrassed for his cheating...

To eliminate that issue, I would suggest having multiple judges at the tech station....

Fishmaxx 12-06-2010 09:11 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JeremyH (Post 2780319)
That is quite sad. I hope that person reads this and feels embarrassed for his cheating...

How about we wait to hear the other side of the story before we label someone
;-)

JeremyH 12-06-2010 09:21 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fishmaxx (Post 2780417)

How about we wait to hear the other side of the story before we label someone
;-)

Very true. I shouldnt be so quick to pick a "side". Thanks for pointing that out..."thumbsup"

ROCKEDUP RICKY 12-06-2010 02:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JeremyH (Post 2780432)
Very true. I shouldnt be so quick to pick a "side". Thanks for pointing that out..."thumbsup"

Texans:roll:, what if the guy he's talking about is a Texan. :ror:

rock hard 12-06-2010 02:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ROCKEDUP RICKY (Post 2781000)

If he was from TX then he has no excuse,now if he was from arkansas,then he can blaim it on ignorance.:ror:

JeremyH 12-06-2010 02:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ROCKEDUP RICKY (Post 2781000)

:flipoff:

Seriously, if he was and the above situation was true, then I'd be just as disappointed.

ROCKEDUP RICKY 12-06-2010 05:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rock hard (Post 2781010)
If he was from TX then he has no excuse,now if he was from arkansas,then he can blaim it on ignorance.:ror:

If he was a Texan, he'd has no excuse, stupid is what stupid does.
But at lest we can teach the Arkie.:mrgreen:

Quote:

Originally Posted by JeremyH (Post 2781055)
:flipoff:

Seriously, if he was and the above situation was true, then I'd be just as disappointed.

Disappointed that he's a Texan. But if he wasn't a Texan, then you'd get a rope. :mrgreen:

Reflection 12-06-2010 05:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ROCKEDUP RICKY (Post 2781303)
If he was a Texan, he'd has no excuse, stupid is what stupid does.
But at lest we can teach the Arkie.:mrgreen:

What are you gonna teach him anyway?:flipoff: