Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Competitions and Events > WRCCA > WRCCA Rules

Notices

Thread: OFFICIAL USRCCA Judges Test

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-20-2011, 10:20 AM   #41
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by Der Kampfer View Post

fun test. The straddle questions are tricky. I always thought if you straddled a gate that has been cleared without touching it doesnt count as a penalty.
Huh?

Do you mean Float?

Straddles are called immediately when they happen regardless of what happens before or after
Fishmaxx is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 01-20-2011, 11:26 AM   #42
Pebble Pounder

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fishmaxx View Post
Huh?

Do you mean Float?

Straddles are called immediately when they happen regardless of what happens before or after
question:A driver comes to a stop with his trucks front axle directly over the gate marker, but not touching it. All 4 tires are on the ground.

answer:Gate Straddle 10 pts & driver continue

confusion: I thought if this happens and the driver reverses without any contact with the marker or complete progress of the gate, the penalty is not given. then the driver can proceed through the gate for progress an no penalty(except the -1 for reverse).

question:The driver straddles a previously progressed gate with the front axle.

answer: Call a gate penalty

confusion: I thought this only counted if the truck makes contact to the marker since the gate has been previously cleared.

So if I understand now: As long as a truck straddles a gate(contact to the marker or not), whether it has been cleared or not accumulates a penalty?
Der Kampfer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2011, 11:57 AM   #43
Gettin’ back on the horse

This one doesn't make sense to me.

If the vehicle is rocking back and forth that means it is going forward and backwards even though the ground is not moving at a significant amount doesn't mean a reverse isn't taking place, right?

I thought the only time there was a change to the way a reverse is called is when upside down (more then 90 degrees) and in that case no reverse is called.

Another way to think about this if the rig is stuck in a crack and I reverse, forward, reverse forward and the vehicle doesn't move alot... Why would each reverse not be called?

If each reverse assists in the vehicle getting unstuck why are they not all called?
TURTLE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2011, 12:07 PM   #44
I wanna be Dave

I think it's worded so that if you reverse and then hit forward and no forward movement is gained and you attempt to reverse again it doesn't count as a second reverse because no forward progress was made. In a written test format it's kinda ify, but you really have to take what it says and not read into it too much.
ittybitty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2011, 12:34 PM   #45

Quote:
Originally Posted by ittybitty View Post
I think it's worded so that if you reverse and then hit forward and no forward movement is gained and you attempt to reverse again it doesn't count as a second reverse because no forward progress was made. In a written test format it's kinda ify, but you really have to take what it says and not read into it too much.
But if the vehicle is rocking, forward movement is being gained.

Look at a seesaw when it is up the end is farther away from when it is down. Therefore it is technically moving "forward" although it is in a fixed position.
Old 01-20-2011, 12:54 PM   #46
Colt Python/SR9c

Quote:
Originally Posted by TURTLE View Post
But if the vehicle is rocking, forward movement is being gained.

Look at a seesaw when it is up the end is farther away from when it is down. Therefore it is technically moving "forward" although it is in a fixed position.
Talk about a oxymoron..It is moving, but yet it is in a fixed(non moving) position?

Last time I seen a see-saw, it never moved from that playground. It has never once made any forward movement towards the picnic shelter in the past 20 years it has been there.
TwistedCreations is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2011, 01:03 PM   #47
Colt Python/SR9c

Quote:
Originally Posted by Der Kampfer View Post
question:A driver comes to a stop with his trucks front axle directly over the gate marker, but not touching it. All 4 tires are on the ground.

answer:Gate Straddle 10 pts & driver continue

confusion: I thought if this happens and the driver reverses without any contact with the marker or complete progress of the gate, the penalty is not given. then the driver can proceed through the gate for progress an no penalty(except the -1 for reverse).

You are confusing this with a "floating" a tire

question:The driver straddles a previously progressed gate with the front axle.

answer: Call a gate penalty

confusion: I thought this only counted if the truck makes contact to the marker since the gate has been previously cleared.

So if I understand now: As long as a truck straddles a gate(contact to the marker or not), whether it has been cleared or not accumulates a penalty?

Your confusing a straddle and a float...

Straddle = tires on ground = any time you drive over a marker, it is a penalty.
Float = tire in air..is not a penalty.. This would only result in a penalty when you are progressing a gate. Then the reason for the penalty would be that yo did not have 4 tires between the markers when you progressed
Old 01-20-2011, 01:38 PM   #48

Quote:
Originally Posted by TwistedCreations View Post
It has never once made any forward movement towards the picnic shelter in the past 20 years it has been there.
It has though, every time the seesaw goes up it moves back and every time it hits a level point it is closer to the picnic area then if it was an angle. The fact that is fixed to the ground is irrelevant to the fact that is does move.
Does that make sense?
Old 01-20-2011, 01:40 PM   #49
Custom Carbon Fiber

Quote:
Your confusing a straddle and a float...

Straddle = tires on ground = any time you drive over a marker, it is a penalty.
Float = tire in air..is not a penalty.. This would only result in a penalty when you are progressing a gate. Then the reason for the penalty would be that yo did not have 4 tires between the markers when you progressed

while driving to gate 6 you drive over the top of gate 4 but you physically dont touch the gate, not even the little fuzzies .......... all 4 wheels touching the ground

you get a straddle/gate penalty ?
Robbob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2011, 02:16 PM   #50

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robbob View Post
while driving to gate 6 you drive over the top of gate 4 but you physically dont touch the gate, not even the little fuzzies .......... all 4 wheels touching the ground

Hell yes you do!
Old 01-20-2011, 03:22 PM   #51
RCC Addict

Default Good Test Even learned something

That was a good quiz, even learned something.

A driver has just progressed gate 3 and is at 0 points thus far. Headed towards gate 4 the truck takes a tumble down the hill and progresses gate 5 and hits gate 6. What is the drivers score and the reasoning?

Gate penalty on 6 doesn't count because they went through gate 5 the wrong way. Clock and points are immediately stopped.
BC-Brian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2011, 06:34 PM   #52
Rock Crawler

Is the test site down been trying to get into it for a while but wont bring up any questions
greencrawler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2011, 06:38 PM   #53
Colt Python/SR9c

Quote:
It has though, every time the seesaw goes up it moves back and every time it hits a level point it is closer to the picnic area then if it was an angle. The fact that is fixed to the ground is irrelevant to the fact that is does move.
Does that make sense?
Yep, I completely understand. The seat is closer to the picnic table while it is straight, than it would be on the ground...

But do we seriously want to get the rules that serious?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robbob View Post

As Turtle said..... Hell yes you do....
Old 01-20-2011, 06:38 PM   #54
Rock Crawler

Quote:
Originally Posted by greencrawler View Post
Is the test site down been trying to get into it for a while but wont bring up any questions

Same for me. It lets me enter my name, but when the first question is supposed to come up it just says submit my answer. No question.
HomerJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2011, 08:23 PM   #55
I wanna be Dave

Not working right now. Same as what he ^ said.
Harvo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2011, 08:50 PM   #56

Quote:
Yep, I completely understand. The seat is closer to the picnic table while it is straight, than it would be on the ground...

But do we seriously want to get the rules that serious?
Its not about getting serious, its about understanding the rules and keeping everyone clear on how to judge.

Personally I prefered the rules from 2007.

It also seems that this interpretation of the reverse rule violates the intent rule...
Old 01-21-2011, 12:01 PM   #57
DOOH!!!

That was just to COOL!!!

Bravo gents...

MTHead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2011, 01:20 PM   #58
I wanna be Dave

redbaron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2011, 01:41 PM   #59
RCC Addict

Eh....grammer check this one:

A driver's truck fall into a ditch, and must be repositioned. While returning to the previous gate cleared he notices the battery is out. Its ok to allowing to tuck the battery back in off the clock if they do it before they get back to the previous cleared gate.

PaloAltoK5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2011, 12:09 AM   #60
dnf

Quote:

It also seems that this interpretation of the reverse rule violates the intent rule...
What reverse rule (as interpreted) do you think violates the intent rule?
rock hard is offline   Reply With Quote