RCCrawler Forums

RCCrawler Forums (http://www.rccrawler.com/forum/)
-   WRCCA Rules (http://www.rccrawler.com/forum/wrcca-rules/)
-   -   OFFICIAL USRCCA Judges Test (http://www.rccrawler.com/forum/wrcca-rules/293769-official-usrcca-judges-test.html)

Fishmaxx 11-17-2010 07:58 AM

OFFICIAL USRCCA Judges Test

Jason and Badger have agreed to purchase some software that I believe will raise the standard of judging, and increase the rules knowledge of all crawlers.

http://www.proprofs.com/quiz-school/...es-judges-test

The current test is 50 questions, and designed to challenge your rules knowledge. Don't worry if you miss questions. Its better to miss questions on a test than to miss calls while judging. Most scores Dramatically improve on second attempts.

The questions automatically shuffle on every test, so don't try to memorize the order.

HAVE FUN"thumbsup"

TwistedCreations 12-20-2010 05:17 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by redbaron (Post 2807652)
I think the test is a great idea and "thumbsup" to the rules committee guys/gals that have/are putting it together!!!

should know as you have taken it also "thumbsup"

But as an event organizer, I absolutely love it as a teaching tool. It helps us all improve on areas we lack. Besides, would you rather be judged by someone who scored a 20% or a 85% :mrgreen:

I'm ready to take it again after the whole test is finished

DickyT 12-20-2010 06:26 AM

I have learned a good amount in this process so far. with the "new" test I have taken it 6 times now. I got 94, 95, 100, 100, 98 (put bullet in wrong answer trying to speed test, but knew answer) and 100

http://i1205.photobucket.com/albums/...srcca_test.jpg

I can not wait for more questions and for the ability to have our local club members take it "thumbsup"

Thank you to Fish and anyone else involved in putting this together for us!

Fishmaxx 12-20-2010 09:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sococrawler (Post 2809230)
I thank fish/Ricky/jason/Badger/Parker/Tom and whom else i'm forgetting for their time/effort they put in every day for this sport!
Randy

DpdSurf got the ball rolling and found some on-line testing software. DpdSurf, Twisted Creations, and I wrote 95% of the questions (Why TC gets 100's :flipoff:) With Sven, Nicklepimp, and Rocked Up Ricky also giving creative input.

I managed the process to get the test created, tested, and eventually implemented.

Last but not least Jason & Badger for stepping up, and purchasing the software that allows this to happen!

helhedded 12-20-2010 05:58 PM

http://i460.photobucket.com/albums/q...ificatephp.png

Quote:

A driver is attempting a vertical climb on gate 6 with zero points thus far. During this time, the vehicle is starting to slip backwards without the tires changing directions. The driver is unfortunate as the vehicle has rolled over when the truck got to the bottom of the climb . The driver wiggles the truck around, and is unable to correct the vehicle then performs a legal rollover recovery. At this time, how many points does the driver have?
A. 1 B. 5 (correct answer) C. 6 (your answer) D. 11

I was unaware that wiggle specifically meant steering only... I was thinking forward/reverse wiggle at the time.

:flipoff:

Fishmaxx 12-20-2010 07:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by helhedded (Post 2810497)

Good job"thumbsup"

Quote:

Originally Posted by helhedded (Post 2810497)
I was unaware that wiggle specifically meant steering only... I was thinking forward/reverse wiggle at the time.

A driver is attempting a vertical climb on gate 6 with zero points thus far. During this time, the vehicle is starting to slip backwards without the tires changing directions. The driver is unfortunate as the vehicle has rolled over when the truck got to the bottom of the climb . The driver wiggles the truck around, and is unable to correct the vehicle then performs a legal rollover recovery. At this time, how many points does the driver have?

The wiggle is irrelevant (steering only or forward/reverse) since the wiggle occurred while upside down in the rollover position. The only penalty in the scenario was the actual rollover recovery = 5pts

helhedded 12-20-2010 07:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fishmaxx (Post 2810715)
Good job"thumbsup"

The wiggle is irrelevant (steering only or forward/reverse) since the wiggle occurred while upside down in the rollover position. The only penalty in the scenario was the actual rollover recovery = 5pts

I confused it with the high centered rule :roll: "thumbsup"

TwistedCreations 12-20-2010 08:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fishmaxx (Post 2809503)

DpdSurf got the ball rolling and found some on-line testing software. DpdSurf, Twisted Creations, and I wrote 95% of the questions (Why TC gets 100's :flipoff:) With Sven, Nicklepimp, and Rocked Up Ricky also giving creative input.

You wasn't supposed to tell them that. Damn, I had people thinking I was somewhat smart :lmao:

rock hard 12-20-2010 08:31 PM

Is there a way on quiz maker that we could see our score and time compared to others?
and I dont get the video,its true or false but I saw no questin

I saw some reverses on the tall gate attempt
and some other penalties here and there during the vid,but nothing to answer true or false to.

DickyT 12-22-2010 10:16 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rock hard (Post 2810874)
Is there a way on quiz maker that we could see our score and time compared to others?
and I dont get the video,its true or false but I saw no questin

I saw some reverses on the tall gate attempt
and some other penalties here and there during the vid,but nothing to answer true or false to.

I made note of the same reverses on "the gate" waiting for a question. I answered true thinking there was truly some good crawling in the video and was marked as correct.

I think that is just testing out the test software's capabilities and not an actual test?

JeremyH 12-22-2010 10:51 AM

Can the different versions of this test be found at the same link? (are changes made or are new tests created)

Fishmaxx 12-22-2010 11:09 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JeremyH (Post 2813927)
Can the different versions of this test be found at the same link? (are changes made or are new tests created)

Initially there will be a 50 question USRCCA Judges Test thats intended to prepare Judges for big events as well as the guys that judge alot locally.

I turned on the random sort feature so the test is a little different every time.

Once the 2011 Rules are completed we will make sure the test agrees with the update.

Both the 2011 Rules & the Final Version of the TEST should be ready about the same time.

After that there will be a 10-12 question Basic Rules test to cover the basics.

The is also plans for a video test.

JeremyH 12-22-2010 11:28 AM

Ahh....ok. Yeah, after seeing Ashton's score, I figure his test had 50 questions....which is quite different from the test that I took....

DickyT 12-22-2010 11:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JeremyH (Post 2813996)
Ahh....ok. Yeah, after seeing Ashton's score, I figure his test had 50 questions....which is quite different from the test that I took....

only 42 questions currently available....

40 when Ashton took it I believe.

ooops I just checked, 44, time for me to retake it!

JeremyH 12-22-2010 11:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DickyT (Post 2813999)
only 42 questions currently available....

40 when Ashton took it I believe.

ooops I just checked, 44, time for me to retake it!

His score was a 98....unless there was some crazy rounding, there had to be 50 questions (and he missed one) or 100 questions (and he missed 2)...

DickyT 12-22-2010 11:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JeremyH (Post 2814001)
His score was a 98....unless there was some crazy rounding, there had to be 50 questions (and he missed one) or 100 questions (and he missed 2)...

There is not 50 questions yet, unless he was given a different link than I.

On the 40 question test if you missed 1 it gave a 98.

JeremyH 12-22-2010 11:43 AM

Ahh...I see....each question is worth, what one of my old prefessors called, a "large" 2 points.....:lol:

JEFF THE JET 12-22-2010 12:57 PM

ID LIKE TO THANK FISHMAXX AND THE RCC GUYS FOR PUTTING THIS TOGETHER!

AFTER FLAT A$$ TANKING ON THE FIRST TRY "66"

http://i834.photobucket.com/albums/z...S/untitled.jpg

jason 12-22-2010 03:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JEFF THE JET (Post 2814187)
ID LIKE TO THANK FISHMAXX AND THE RCC GUYS FOR PUTTING THIS TOGETHER!

AFTER FLAT A$$ TANKING ON THE FIRST TRY "66"

Did you learn anything?

rock hard 12-22-2010 03:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jason (Post 2814531)
Did you learn anything?

He must have
went from a 66 to a 98

I'd say that means it works;-)