Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Regional > West > Wyoming

Notices

Thread: Anyone in northern Wyo?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-24-2008, 03:44 PM   #1
Rock Crawler

Default Anyone in northern Wyo?

I'm in Powell and am building a crawler. I am also the president of the local 4x4 club here. We have a track for our baja, rock, drag, mud racing etc and am trying to get people together and maybe do some RC stufff out there. Let me know if around here and interested
MNorby is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 05-25-2008, 08:37 AM   #2
Rock Crawler

Got a few people interested up here and started making a mini course out at our 120 acre track.
Old 05-25-2008, 10:56 AM   #3
Pebble Pounder

Quote:
Originally Posted by MNorby View Post
I'm in Powell and am building a crawler. I am also the president of the local 4x4 club here. We have a track for our baja, rock, drag, mud racing etc and am trying to get people together and maybe do some RC stufff out there. Let me know if around here and interested
The problem in Wyoming is we are so darn far a way from each other!!!! I was driving through Riverton yesterday and noticed they have an Oval and Off road area just outside of town. Looks pretty sweet. Here in Casper we have a modelers area that consists of two runways and a stinky stagnant pond. No area for off-roaders or touring other than the parking lot which also serves as the road for the trap shooters. Sometimes when I'm out there I'm not sure if I should duck for cover or just leave. Not to mention the parking lot is rotomill tailings which gets your truck awful dirty QUICK!!!! Our club recently built a track and crawling area. I think it is still in the developing stages. I haven't been out there in a while so I don't know. We don't have hobby shops in Casper anymore that carry RC stuff either. One went out of business and the other was in business maybe two weeks before he gave it up. Too stressful he said. Now the slot car guy is going to carry fuel and a few things that are consumables. Are you guys having as much good luck as we are?
dkur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2008, 11:03 AM   #4
I wanna be Dave

You've got a beautiful state you must have an abundance of great crawl spots anything centrally located? I had family in Buffalo and Sheridan for years
Stormin2u is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2008, 06:25 PM   #5
Rock Crawler

yeah there is only one hobby shop close in Cody but he is only into planes really, very few parts I can use. He can order stuff but so can I cheaper. We have some awesome 1:1 crawling spots I take my RC along with when I'm wheelin and play from spot to spot and let the kids of fellow wheelers play with too.
Old 05-26-2008, 08:45 AM   #6
I wanna be Dave

I have many hobby shops tro choose from but I buy almost everything from RCC vendors anyway.
Stormin2u is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2008, 09:30 PM   #7
Quarry Creeper

I am one of the guys who got the track and crawling area started in casper. There will be great improvements in the next month to both the track and crawling area. If any of you guys are going to be in the neighborhood shoot the club an email we would gladly love for anyone to come hang out or maybe even set up a small competition. Also I do travel for work up in the cody neck of the woods so if you guys get a schedule of some type I could throw my 3, 2.2 crawlers ,my scaler, and my Hustler Super crawler in my work truck.
dirttrackdemon93 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2009, 02:16 PM   #8
Rock Crawler

Well I have had a few people in Powell and Cody interested in doing some stuff. We have a few events planned for our local 4x4 club and going to try to get a gtg and see what we can come up with then.
Old 01-12-2009, 10:15 PM   #9
Rock Stacker

Quote:
Originally Posted by MNorby View Post
Well I have had a few people in Powell and Cody interested in doing some stuff. We have a few events planned for our local 4x4 club and going to try to get a gtg and see what we can come up with then.

Check out www.wyomingrc.com. We are starting our own state club and this saturday is our first comp. @ Allied Hobbies in Rock Springs.
charga71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2009, 12:23 PM   #10

Default powell crawling

im actually from deaver area, but would love to meet some fellow crawlers in the area.
rcnutcase1983 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2009, 12:40 PM   #11
Rock Crawler

the powell 4x4 club is trying to get some people together to do some comps and gtg's.
www.powellvalley4wheelers.com