Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Regional > West > Wyoming

Notices

Thread: Any crawlers near Casper?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-29-2008, 01:00 PM   #1
Holdin my 40oz.

Default Any crawlers near Casper?

I'm from the Denver area but will be in casper this week and looking to see if there are any crawl spots nearby. any suggestions?
Ralphy is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 10-04-2008, 05:12 PM   #2
Quarry Creeper

There is some great spots to check out up here in casper. If you want call me when your up here and I ll round up the guys from the club and well get some crawling going.

Tom 307 277 2924
dirttrackdemon93 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2008, 09:17 AM   #3
Pebble Pounder

Quote:
Originally Posted by dirttrackdemon9 View Post
There is some great spots to check out up here in casper. If you want call me when your up here and I ll round up the guys from the club and well get some crawling going.

Tom 307 277 2924

WHOOHOOO!!! I'm for that or am I too late? dang
dkur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2008, 01:39 PM   #4

Little off topic here but anyone know what happend to the Off-road track and hobby shop in casper? Last year we raced there alot and then winter came along and they started running indoors but we were still debating on getting into that or not and decided against it and in about march (maybe feburary,dont remember it that well) anyways they moved to a new location and was open for a couple weeks and I talked to them about a new track and they said they were working on it but I haven't heard anything back from them since early april, everytime I've been down there in that area we go by and see if the shop is open and theres never anyone there and the phone is shut off. I'm from Gillette btw, theres only a few of us around here that bash anymore since the LHS here closed and so did the track. Alot of guys either shelved their stuff or sold it. If there is enough interest in crawling down at casper or somewhere that ain't too far from gillette I would be willing to get a crawling and start participating...its no fun to bash alone lol and it gives me a reason to buy a crawler
Revoroller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2008, 07:57 PM   #5
Pebble Pounder

Quote:
Originally Posted by Revoroller View Post
Little off topic here but anyone know what happend to the Off-road track and hobby shop in casper? Last year we raced there alot and then winter came along and they started running indoors but we were still debating on getting into that or not and decided against it and in about march (maybe feburary,dont remember it that well) anyways they moved to a new location and was open for a couple weeks and I talked to them about a new track and they said they were working on it but I haven't heard anything back from them since early april, everytime I've been down there in that area we go by and see if the shop is open and theres never anyone there and the phone is shut off. I'm from Gillette btw, theres only a few of us around here that bash anymore since the LHS here closed and so did the track. Alot of guys either shelved their stuff or sold it. If there is enough interest in crawling down at casper or somewhere that ain't too far from gillette I would be willing to get a crawling and start participating...its no fun to bash alone lol and it gives me a reason to buy a crawler
I know what you mean it isn't fun bashing alone. All the RC hobby stores here shut down. RC Pitstop closed it's doors sometime last April I think. WindyCity RC built a track out in BarNunn early this spring. We have used it a few times and have begun work on a crawling area. We mostly get our stuff off of the internet and when someone occasionally makes a run to Ft. Collins or Rapid City. I think our club is still pretty strong. We are running indoor races twice a month now for the winter season. This Thursday is on road races. On the weekends we try to get together and bash. Today a bunch of us got together and went over to Mobile Concrete's Hot Plant. I think there were 9 total. As many people as there are who have trucks you'd think there would be enough business to keep one guy busy anyway, if he could keep his shop stocked and was in a centralized location.
To crawl is a different story. Only about 6 of us have crawlers. It seems we can never get hooked up. I usually go down by the river off of 1st street called Jonah Bank. I also go to the mountain over by the braille trail. in Nov. we will be at the mall and will have crawler boards set up. You will have to come and crawl with us then. Maybe we should just all agree to come to Casper and meet at the Jonah Bank one Saturday or Sunday and set up courses. That would be fun. We should contact the guys from Green River and Rock Springs also to come play for the day. I wish crawling would really take off here. I wish all RC would take off here. I hate waiting for parts from ebay. I wish I had better news for you.
Old 10-20-2008, 12:10 PM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by dkur View Post
I know what you mean it isn't fun bashing alone. All the RC hobby stores here shut down. RC Pitstop closed it's doors sometime last April I think. WindyCity RC built a track out in BarNunn early this spring. We have used it a few times and have begun work on a crawling area. We mostly get our stuff off of the internet and when someone occasionally makes a run to Ft. Collins or Rapid City. I think our club is still pretty strong. We are running indoor races twice a month now for the winter season. This Thursday is on road races. On the weekends we try to get together and bash. Today a bunch of us got together and went over to Mobile Concrete's Hot Plant. I think there were 9 total. As many people as there are who have trucks you'd think there would be enough business to keep one guy busy anyway, if he could keep his shop stocked and was in a centralized location.
To crawl is a different story. Only about 6 of us have crawlers. It seems we can never get hooked up. I usually go down by the river off of 1st street called Jonah Bank. I also go to the mountain over by the braille trail. in Nov. we will be at the mall and will have crawler boards set up. You will have to come and crawl with us then. Maybe we should just all agree to come to Casper and meet at the Jonah Bank one Saturday or Sunday and set up courses. That would be fun. We should contact the guys from Green River and Rock Springs also to come play for the day. I wish crawling would really take off here. I wish all RC would take off here. I hate waiting for parts from ebay. I wish I had better news for you.

Ahh ok. Sounds about like what happend here in Gillette...Not enough interest and just closed but up here in Gillette it was an arm and a leg just to get fuel let alone buy any parts unless you needed them right then and there. Yea I hear you loud and clear on having to wait for parts, right now I just try to keep stock of what I need but it seems like I always end up breaking something I dont have . Me and a buddy found a guy that had a couple revo's here and tried to get him into going out and bashing and just couldn't grasp his interest. Right now I have enough trucks that I can get some freinds to play with them and go bashing and we all have a great time but they wont really "bash" with them cause they dont wanna break them. I actually convinced a good freind to buy a new 5308 Revo and he will be buying it in a couple weeks so I will have one more person to add to the list, but he's only down here in the summers so he will spend the rest of the time in Billings. I will deffinatly be down at the mall, give me shout and I will try to make it down there. I haven't really ever been around crawlers other then a cheap nylint 1/18th I owned a couple years ago lol. Next time you guys get together and want another guy to join hit me up and I will see what I can do, I may be able to get another guy to go to.
Old 10-20-2008, 12:18 PM   #7
Pebble Pounder

R/C still strong in Evanston.If you guys are ever up this way stop in ..i give discounts to 801rcc and Wyo guys
speed goat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2008, 04:54 PM   #8
Pebble Pounder

Quote:
Originally Posted by speed goat View Post
R/C still strong in Evanston.If you guys are ever up this way stop in ..i give discounts to 801rcc and Wyo guys
What kind of deal can you make on the new Summit by Traxxas?
Old 10-20-2008, 06:09 PM   #9

Thats an 8hr drive for me....I will pass :-(
Old 10-20-2008, 07:18 PM   #10
Pebble Pounder

Dkur PM
speed goat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2008, 05:42 PM   #11
Quarry Creeper

Hey REvoroller, I sent you a email. If you guys have any questions about the Goings on in RC in Casper , Feel free to call me! I posted my phone number earlier in this thread.

Also I put 2 Summits On backorder and One E REVO.

Tom#93
dirttrackdemon93 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2008, 03:22 PM   #12
Rock Crawler

Also check out wyomingrc.com to see what's going on.
John82601 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2009, 04:01 PM   #13
Pebble Pounder

Is there any crawler comps up in casper during the month of march?
Tyler Kadlec is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2009, 02:12 PM   #14

Default Update on a crawler area

There is a new area to crawl located at the very east end of east 2nd street and Hat Six road. It is BLM land almost 1 full square mile. We will go out there as soon as the weather breaks and get some pictures and maybe post a map. First impressions look very promising.
aj6502 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2009, 04:29 PM   #15
Pebble Pounder

Quote:
Originally Posted by aj6502 View Post
There is a new area to crawl located at the very east end of east 2nd street and Hat Six road. It is BLM land almost 1 full square mile. We will go out there as soon as the weather breaks and get some pictures and maybe post a map. First impressions look very promising.
OH MAN!!!!!
I CAN HARDLY WAIT!

Get'em posted soon. I know where I am going to be spending my summer!
Old 04-28-2009, 03:55 PM   #16

I will try to get out there this week, (maybe I can talk John into it) and get some pictures posted so everyone knows what the place looks like and where it located, at least.
aj6502 is offline   Reply With Quote