Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Regional > West > Wyoming

Notices

Thread: Cheyenne Crawlers??

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-12-2009, 06:03 PM   #1
Pebble Pounder

Default Cheyenne Crawlers??

Are there any crawlers around Cheyenne? I have a couple spots to go, would be a lot funner with some people to go with.
lv-eg is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 07-12-2009, 09:59 PM   #2
Rock Crawler

I am from Powell but the G/Fs folks live in cheyenne and I get there every few months. Heck I was there this weekend and just got home a few hours ago. Next time we go I'll bring my crawler and look you guys up.
MNorby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2009, 10:03 AM   #3
Pebble Pounder

cool sounds like fun
lv-eg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2010, 01:40 AM   #4

me and some buddies are lookin for more people to crawl with
j-dub is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2010, 12:07 PM   #5
Quarry Creeper

im just getting into crawling. i would like to go with a few ppl and learn the basics. i built my own super class rig but am looking at getting an ax-10 or sxc-10 here in the next few months.
toka100 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2010, 08:18 PM   #6

Also in cheyenne. Just bought a Losi Night Crawler today. Didn't want to, but working at Hobbytown, I didn't have a choice. I'm having fun using it to drive over my 4yr olds, but I need to find some rocks. Anyone?
vwtrey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2011, 09:53 AM   #7
Rock Stacker

have any of you guys in that area crawled veedawoo yet? looks like a killer place, ive only seen it from I80 and happy jack road. i live 4 hours away but eventually ill make it there.
Rokslayer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2011, 10:15 AM   #8
Rock Crawler

I've hiked around there, would be TONS of crawling area for sure.
MNorby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2011, 09:38 AM   #9

I live in Cheyenne, and just getting into crawling, too. Looking for places to crawl around town. Anybody know where to go??
I'm working on a scale SCX-10 with the Pro-line Jeep Cherokee body to match my full scale, and I have an RC4WD Timberwolf. Just bought a AX-10 last weekend at the Jefco Aeromodlers RC auction in Denver. Never run, and included a Novak speed control, Hitec high torque servo, and Integy crawler motor. Bargain priced.
Crawling is my new full blown addiction.
unclegrape is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2011, 10:30 PM   #10
Quarry Creeper

Well I found a few decent spots in town for trail rigs. Beats driving to vedavoo. One is in lions park. Been there a few time already. Not sure if it is allowed there but no one has said anything yet. Might go to Denver next Sunday and try out the comps just to see how I do.
Old 04-02-2011, 07:38 AM   #11
Quarry Creeper

Any one intrested in meeting up tomorrow afternoon and doing a little crawling. Threre is a really sweet spot across the street from old chicgo . It is part of the green way. A lot of big rock and the creek runs through it. So waterproofing would be s good idea. If anyone wants to meet let me know . As long as weather is decent at least.
Old 04-19-2011, 10:35 PM   #12

I am in the process of moving to Cheyenne and am wondering how many 1.9 Scale guys there are running around. I don't know any spots other than Vedauwoo or Happy Jack, but it would be sick to get a group together and go crawling.
Foxes United is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2011, 07:16 PM   #13
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Foxes United View Post
I am in the process of moving to Cheyenne and am wondering how many 1.9 Scale guys there are running around. I don't know any spots other than Vedauwoo or Happy Jack, but it would be sick to get a group together and go crawling.

i have been going to denver for the ttc series there. been talking with the guys down there and a few here anout getting a ttc series started here in cheyenne. hopefully will start in june or july depending on how much intrest is in it. i know hobby town here has sold alot of honchos and scx-10. just a matter of getting others involved. if intrested send me a pm.

btw if anything check out the colorado ttc series also
Old 04-21-2011, 09:44 PM   #14

That would be awesome...hope my project Tundra Honcho would be eligible. I have watched some vids of ttc out of Oregon that were pretty sick. What kind of rules are there with ttc as far as the trucks are concerned? Will send you a pm soon.
Foxes United is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2011, 08:30 PM   #15

Count me in. Just need to finish up my SCX10/Cherokee.
Got my AX10 ready and found a rock pile on Ridge Rd, just south of Del Range Blvd. on the other side of the creek from the Greenway.
unclegrape is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2011, 08:15 PM   #16

I found an ok spot just south of Cahill Park on Dell Range. It's got a pretty good mix of terrain, just gotta look around.

Last edited by birddogcg; 07-01-2011 at 01:56 PM.
birddogcg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2011, 03:38 PM   #17

Default RC Park on Converse

Hey, I have been working with Sawyer Waterscapes to have them donate some rock, first load was dropped off on Saturday. Rocks added about another 10 feet of obstacles, looking for others who want to help build this rock course. ATR landscaping mentioned they have some boulders they are going to bring in if the City will allow them. ATR is making some improvements to the race course as well.

What obstacles do you want to see added to "your tax dollar built track?"

Regards,
mvuyk
mvuyk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2011, 09:09 AM   #18
Quarry Creeper

i also added a bit more to the crawling area at the track on converse. still for the most part a scaler course but if they bring the bigber boulders then the comp trucks will have some room to play. another cool spot i have found is on e foxfarm. they just built a new building on the south side of the road. they have alot of rocks for the rock garden... i have gone there a few times and no one has chased me off yet. of course i go when they are closed
Old 11-06-2011, 03:44 PM   #19

Default Hey

Hey there, don't know if you still look here but with hobbytown opened up there are alot of guys including me that are doing the crawl. Me just starting to get back into rc, hopefully i can get more of this south east wyoming guys to check out and post here more.
sdogg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2012, 08:23 PM   #20
Rock Stacker

Default Re: Cheyenne Crawlers??

Well, I just got orders out to F.E. Warren. I'll be there around August, I have a wraith that will be coming along. Hope to meet up with the locals to show me sme good crawling spots!
despain85 is offline   Reply With Quote