Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler Brand Specific Tech > Heritage Crawlers > XTM Crawler

Notices

Thread: newbie,new truck, excitmented!!!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-12-2009, 04:45 AM   #1

Default newbie,new truck, excitmented!!!

Hey boys ,totally new to this crawling shmozzle. looking at rigs and have ordered the
1. XTM X crawler
2. 2 x novak goat crawler brushless systems
3. 2 x airtronics 94780M servo's

Already have a 3pk 2.4
maxamps 6000mah 2s lipo

so how fast will this thing move on the flats with the supplied pinions?
will be crawling heaps and understand there meant to go slow but have a wide range of motors and just thinkin for off days a couple of 13.5 bl motors should get here boogying.

would the goat esc's run lower turn motors?

Will post pics when she gets here!

Just had to let someone know as this missus isnt into this rc thing.
dubbsy is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 03-11-2009, 01:52 PM   #2

Hey Dubbsy, That's some nice setup you were planning on. Did you get all of your parts. Have any updates?? Pictures?? Vidz?? I got my XTM last week and had the dredded gear problem. I am working on a solution and xtm has sent me 4 new gears.

The Novak goat system has an 18.5 turn motor limit in brushless mode and a 27 turn limit in brushed mode. I am sure you sorted that out by now, but since no one shared your excitement with you when you posted I though I would throw that in. My misses isn't into the rc thing either but, she lets me do what I want.

XTM area is dead here, but I look everyday now. I am not into all the scaler stuff and seriousness of comp with all the rules and I wpon't pretent to be. I love reading all those thread though I just want to drive and have fun. I own about 13 rc's 3 of which are heli's. I got hooked on crawling when the ax-10 came out and read forever on here about mods till I finally bought one. Now it has every 3racing part they make I think. LoL It drives like a king!!

Have a great day!!
Kev
i2oadsweepei2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2009, 10:31 AM   #3
Rock Stacker

wow! very nice setup man. have you ran it yet? videos/pic's would be awesome.
revo-4tec-mike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2009, 07:52 PM   #4

Hey boys , well finally put her all together .

Ran the esc's on the axles opposite side to the servos.

few dramas along the way,

Front axle gear had a gear slipping inside another gear, removed and did what someone else did with a centre punch.

So much loctite on everything , still cant get the front steering arm loose enough to adjust toe.

The truck gets caught up on the bottom shock mounts what seems like everytime you drive it .

The magic smoke in one of my esc's came out the other day and after testing looks like the esc is damaged
( still works but no low speed controllability , glitches and carries on ) Pretty disappointed in the novak esc after this, it was going all well adn stuff before, but she stopped working for no real reason , everything was braided and heat shrinked like usual with my rc toys, not sure if i will return an esc to novak for warranty or just go for a different brand.
dubbsy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2009, 05:23 PM   #5
Quarry Creeper

Nice sounds like your gonna have loads of fun with that beast
geekfreek95 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2009, 07:35 AM   #6

Sorry to hear about your esc man that sucks. Novak is pretty good with customer service. I am using a rooster crawler and two 55t integy's in parallel.

The lower shock mounts are in the way and the shocks are way too small. not to mention the lower shock ends are brittle. I'm grinding some material away from the lower shock mounts to accept a set of Cen GST shocks. They are about 1/2 inch shorter than the savage shocks and should put the shock ends in between the wheels.... so hopefully no more hang ups or at the very least less.

I fixed my gears by brazing them back together and so far so good. Only an hour on them so far.... so we will see. I sent an email to Global Hobby last Monday about the crappy gears and they sent out new gears which I received in the mail yesterday.

Keep us posted

Kev
i2oadsweepei2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2009, 06:27 AM   #7
Quarry Creeper

I GAVE UP ON BRUSHLESS AFTER THE FIRST TWO WERE JUNK
MOVIN-SLOOOOOOW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2009, 06:45 PM   #8
Pebble Pounder

Default ?????

you need the punk computer instead of 2 esc's. did you reverse your motor through the esc,radio or motor wires. yes it does make a difference - especially if you geared it for top speed like you stated. you need to remember 1 esc or motor is running in reverse. your axles are low geared and you generate heat when geared wrong. really need to limit speed run's. if that speedo gave up the ghost under crawling conditions you must have gave it all she had under a bind.

hacker
hackersracing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2009, 10:11 AM   #9
Quarry Creeper

Hey guys...I have a question...
is the x-Crawler being discontinued..? I heard a rumor...
m&mkrawler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2009, 01:05 PM   #10
Rock Stacker

i know some places like tower hobbies stoped carring them do to reliability issues. im not sure if it going to be discontinued by xtm though.

hobbiepeople.net still sells it.
revo-4tec-mike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2009, 10:21 PM   #11
Rock Stacker

NO, NOT BEING DISCONTINUED ! ! !
I heerd this too and read somewhere that the XTM X-Crawler is still in production. It's just a nasty rumor. Some retailers R dropping them BUT they R still available and support is great as You've all read already.
I got the newer driveshafts with-in a week of Emailing Kenny and am now a little worried about the gears but I love this truck.
I drove it a little even after the original shafts broke and still loved the three wheeler. Now I'm thinkin' about "Clocking" the axles for caster and thinking the screws there might B a problem but if I gotta tare it down to do the gear fix, I might as well do the clocking then...
PlainOleDave is offline   Reply With Quote