Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler Brand Specific Tech > Heritage Crawlers > XTM Crawler

Notices

Thread: Picked one up....

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-25-2009, 05:32 PM   #21
Quarry Creeper

I got two axles and 2 sets of gears, the axle shafts are a pita with the pins, is there any way of getting them out?

I would have to say that atleast for me there customer service was excellent
paintballer9876 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 08-02-2009, 10:36 PM   #22
Quarry Creeper

Hey guys its been awile and i have only recently got everything together after a busy 2.2 season and life, i got to working on the pins and gears and controller along with many other things...

made front and rear steering links out of 5/16" dlerin with revo rod ends and bought some mt claws tires....

Made lower links out of 3/8" delrin, we will see how long they last otherwise 1/2" is where i will go, made some shock standoffs for the links, inspired by benders super.

Im sitting right at 3 3/4" which i will try for now and see how it works, my wheelbase is at 17.5" again we will see how it works.

The electronics are sitting fairly tight in there now with a common sence rc 2000mah lipo, im hopping a 4000mah 7.4v lipo will fit (crosses fingers)

Now if you have not guessed it yet im running an sw2 chassis i had laying around, the skid plate has seen its better days and some of the link screws are hanging on by 2-3 threads , so at some point i will pick up some 5/16" delrin and make a new skid plate. I used some integy 179mm bent links to clear the gear cases for the upper links, they have been working very good. i would have made them out of 5/16" delrin but i still dont know how to make bent delrin links very well :-(

Its decent articulation, thats about an 11" box...

Im planning on throwing some delrin skids on the gear cases and some big delrin tubing similar to what Cruzin Illusion's made for my berg in the following picture. Also i might work on making a bta sttering similar to what is also on my berg

Sorry for the fuzzy pictures, im not good with the camera :-(

this is definatly not the end of it i plan on throwing some higher tooth pinion gears so i can get some more wheel speed. Other wise some 45's or even 35 turn motors will be thrown in there, i added around 10oz of weight per front wheel and kept the rear empty. I was thinking about cutting the weight back to 8oz in the wheel then drilling and tapping 8 holes in the exposed wheel well and be able to add or subtract weight without pulling the tires off. If that made any sence at all :? at some point some 40 series wheels will be meeting this rig but for now the stock wheels will do.

An hour of programing my radio gave me the ability to crab walk front steer or front/rear steering, front and rear dig, 4wd and the tires spinning towards each other with the flick of a switch and rarely having to touch the non sprung left stick, man i love this dx7.

Feel free to critisize and/or compliment

Last edited by paintballer9876; 08-02-2009 at 10:40 PM.
Old 08-03-2009, 08:25 PM   #23
Quarry Creeper

Well after playing with it i snapped a link in a bind, so i made up some 1/2" links, apparently the weak point was the trimmed down spot for the shock mount, so the new links i just drilled holes in them and mounted them.
Old 08-17-2009, 11:28 PM   #24
RCC Addict

Nice build looks good. I have a x-crawler on the way. I'm anti-clod
Flyin Hawaiian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2009, 03:30 PM   #25

Any updates on this build? Learned alot!
teamone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2010, 10:30 PM   #26

Default Sorry to post a reply on a older thread

I have chance to to get a used xtm x crawler for just over 500.00. RTR with remote. It will be my first crawler but not my first RC. I have read alot on axle problems and also that its discontinued. I like the 1/8th size. for this truck. I will probably just be using it here and there. Just need a new toy. The price is right I think? I should mention it has 2 ESC'S novak 55t motors. 2.4 radio. Any advice would be appreciated
coolink13 is offline   Reply With Quote