Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler Brand Specific Tech > Heritage Crawlers > XTM Crawler

Notices

Thread: I think its done .....

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-02-2009, 08:58 PM   #21
Rock Stacker

Quote:
Originally Posted by m&mkrawler View Post
my buddy read somewhere that you can call XTM and let them know you have the old style gears and shaft frm the BLUE BOX and need the upgraded stronger steel that comes with it now..
is that true..? has anyone heard that..?
if you get the black box the axles are mild steel and will break quick. also the gears were not put together in both yellow and black crawler boxes. if you call hobby people or global hobby, give them your invoice # and let them know that your gears or axles came apart, they will send you new and improved parts with only 1 question to ask you.
whats ur address?

save your old gears and weld / braze / jb weld them for back ups.
revo-4tec-mike is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 05-03-2009, 10:26 AM   #22
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by revo-4tec-mike View Post
if you get the black box the axles are mild steel and will break quick. also the gears were not put together in both yellow and black crawler boxes. if you call hobby people or global hobby, give them your invoice # and let them know that your gears or axles came apart, they will send you new and improved parts with only 1 question to ask you.
whats ur address?

save your old gears and weld / braze / jb weld them for back ups.
Right on...thanks for that info... my problem now is that I bought this off a guy on here so I don't have an invoice #... how much will they be if I need to buy them...?
m&mkrawler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2009, 03:18 PM   #23
I joined the Band!

http://globalservices.globalhobby.com/part/145632.asp
outofreach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2009, 06:57 AM   #24

If you email them about the axles they may just send you new ones. They were quick to act when my gears spun out. I'm betting they send you new ones pro bono I wouldn't get too specific about where you bought it. Just say you bought the one with the black body and your axles broke. They know about this issue and are probably willing to help. Keep the email simple and ask for help.

Kev
i2oadsweepei2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2009, 10:01 AM   #25
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by i2oadsweepei2 View Post
If you email them about the axles they may just send you new ones. They were quick to act when my gears spun out. I'm betting they send you new ones pro bono I wouldn't get too specific about where you bought it. Just say you bought the one with the black body and your axles broke. They know about this issue and are probably willing to help. Keep the email simple and ask for help.

Kev
NICE....I will do that... So I guess I can say.....you're happy with your crawler...? I keep having these stupid doubts...
after everything is finally dialed in.....how does it perform..? (in your opinion)
Old 05-04-2009, 07:04 PM   #26
Rock Stacker

after working through the glitches it the design flaws, then more and more tweeking i would have to say i love my x crawler. it was very disapointing having the gears come apart but if you hold in there and keep pluging away with the small problems, it will crawl awesome!!!
revo-4tec-mike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2009, 07:57 PM   #27
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by revo-4tec-mike View Post
after working through the glitches it the design flaws, then more and more tweeking i would have to say i love my x crawler. it was very disapointing having the gears come apart but if you hold in there and keep pluging away with the small problems, it will crawl awesome!!!
Yeah...I'm really looking forward to it. I spoke with XTM and they'll hook me up as soon as I let them know that the gears went...but you know whats up... I'm really not to far away frm completing it even tho it is in its stock box condition..
I think we have the chassis extension worked out b using Traxxas alumn chassis rails.
Are you running any droop...?
Old 05-05-2009, 06:02 AM   #28
Pebble Pounder

Man how many colors are their. My box was white....and I got it early....already replaced my shafts though.
Dynamic^Cipher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2009, 08:44 AM   #29
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dynamic^Cipher View Post
Man how many colors are their. My box was white....and I got it early....already replaced my shafts though.
well...I know the box is white but the bodies are either yellow or black/blue... You probably have the dark body...hopefully...lol