Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler Brand Specific Tech > Heritage Crawlers > XTM Crawler

Notices

Thread: X-Crawler Servo Problems

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-07-2009, 06:17 PM   #21
TEAM MODERATOR

I'm a believer in the Mamba Max. I push mine pretty hard and they never let up. I also have a Sidewinder on my sons truck. Works like a champ.
Reflection is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 05-07-2009, 06:40 PM   #22
Rock Stacker

Quote:
Originally Posted by m&mkrawler View Post
Thanks again for all the help....I really apreciate it...

Can I ask you guys about your esc...whats a good one if I don't run 2 Roosters...?
i run the "Novak Rooster" which has great sensitivity, breaking and reversing and it seems to stay really cool.

a good basic setup would be running a ''Novak Rooster" with two Novak 55t motors wired in parallel. This method of wiring gives you faster speeds but shorter run times.

series
This method of wiring gives you higher torque and longer run times but lower speeds.

here is alink to novak's how to guide. its a great read.

revo-4tec-mike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2009, 07:35 PM   #23
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by revo-4tec-mike View Post
i run the "Novak Rooster" which has great sensitivity, breaking and reversing and it seems to stay really cool.

a good basic setup would be running a ''Novak Rooster" with two Novak 55t motors wired in parallel. This method of wiring gives you faster speeds but shorter run times.

series
This method of wiring gives you higher torque and longer run times but lower speeds.

here is alink to novak's how to guide. its a great read.
do you use 2 esc for the setup...? Don't you need to have an esc that handles 2 motors...?
m&mkrawler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2009, 11:59 PM   #24
RCC Addict

Quote:
Thanks again for all the help....I really apreciate it...

Can I ask you guys about your esc...whats a good one if I don't run 2 Roosters...?
I am running a single Tekin FX-R and love it. It puts the Novak Rooster to shame in my opinion.
craddock35 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2009, 10:12 AM   #25
Rock Stacker

Quote:
do you use 2 esc for the setup...? Don't you need to have an esc that handles 2 motors...?
the rooster can handle up to 2-55t's or 1-27t.

alot of places sell a novak rooster and a 55t motor that has internal capacitor's for just over 100$ for the kit. so all u would need would be one more motor.

there are alot of good Esc's out there, just make sure to do some research. there are waterproof esc's also just to mention it too.
Old 05-08-2009, 10:21 AM   #26
Rock Stacker

Quote:
Originally Posted by craddock35 View Post
I am running a single Tekin FX-R and love it. It puts the Novak Rooster to shame in my opinion.
in the past ive read great things about these esc's. i think ill try these once the rooster goes.
Old 05-08-2009, 11:49 AM   #27
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
the rooster can handle up to 2-55t's or 1-27t.

alot of places sell a novak rooster and a 55t motor that has internal capacitor's for just over 100$ for the kit. so all u would need would be one more motor.

there are alot of good Esc's out there, just make sure to do some research. there are waterproof esc's also just to mention it too.
so are you splitting the motor wires to run to 2 motors..? sorry for all the questions.. my friend told me I nee the Traxxas evx2 in order to run one esc. I want something with drag but says you'd have to pay up 250.00 + for something like that...
I'm lost...
Old 05-08-2009, 04:47 PM   #28
Rock Stacker

Quote:
so are you splitting the motor wires to run to 2 motors..? sorry for all the questions.. my friend told me I nee the Traxxas evx2 in order to run one esc. I want something with drag but says you'd have to pay up 250.00 + for something like that...
I'm lost...
no problem. 1 rooster esc can run 2 55t motors with no problems. for battery's it can run up to a 7 cell or a lipo 2 cell.

how i wired mine when i just ran 1 esc is is in parallel. + and - from the esc go's to the + & - of the first motor then run jumpers to the other motor. you do have to change the wiring on the second motor so the axles spin the same way.
Old 05-09-2009, 09:45 AM   #29
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
no problem. 1 rooster esc can run 2 55t motors with no problems. for battery's it can run up to a 7 cell or a lipo 2 cell.

how i wired mine when i just ran 1 esc is is in parallel. + and - from the esc go's to the + & - of the first motor then run jumpers to the other motor. you do have to change the wiring on the second motor so the axles spin the same way.
so can I ask what the average run time you're getting..? aren't you using alot of juice running all those servos...?
Old 05-09-2009, 10:24 AM   #30
Rock Stacker

i have not timed it yet but running a brand 6 cell nimh which powers my 2-esc's and servos it seems to last 45 minutes. i have 2-6 cell and 1-7 cell hump packs and only usualy switch between 2 running as the other is charging.

with my setup if i just had 2-6 cell packs i could constantly run them but by adding a third it gives 45 minutes of cool down time.
Old 05-15-2009, 02:07 AM   #31
RCC Addict

Ok I have totally changed everything on my X-Crawler now I am running a pimp cane gonna give it a try and I am running 416 in/oz Hitec servos now along with the micro servo dig unit. I went ahead and got a new controller to the RDS8000 crawler by Airteonics. I have never had any servo problems in the past till I started crawling and have never had to set end points either. So how do you know if you have your end points set correctly? I just want to make sure I don't burn up anymore money I have only been into rc crawling for about 3 months and already have a ton of money in this rig. Please help. Thank You
craddock35 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2009, 10:12 PM   #32

When you turn the wheels to full lock the servo will buzz because it is still trying to turn. Keep it turned and back of your end point until it stops buzzing then go another click or two to keep it safe. Your servo should not make any noise when the wheels are at full lock. This can also be adjusted by changing the dual rate setting on cheaper radios.
FairTax4me is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2009, 09:26 PM   #33

2 hitec 645s front and rear i've had them on and strong since the x-crawler came out and i have weighted the rims to
corychapman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2010, 03:58 PM   #34

Default xtm servo

Quote:
Originally Posted by craddock35 View Post
I have a XTM X-Crawler and have pretty much given up on keeping a servo on it. I have just gone to useing the cheap Tower Pro servos on it now but they aren't strong enough to start with but last just as long as the $100-$150 servoes I have used on it. Does anybody have any suggestions to a good servo for X-Crawler? I have tried JR and Airtronics metal gear servos that the lhs said had plenty of power but one JR lasted maybe 10 minutes and two others lasted maybe 3-4 batteries and the airtronics lasted about 3-4 batteries. I am tired of throwing money away anybody have any ideas.
i had the same problem so i found on hobbyking .com a 1/5 scale turnigy servo .u do have to mod it but it works great and the servo is 33kg thats like almost 600oz of power. goodluck
dthemachine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2011, 10:04 AM   #35

I have had the Jr DS-8711 which is rated @ 439oz which held up on mine until I weighted my wheels. Each wheel now weighs just under 3lbs each. I had to step into a stronger servo which I chose a HiTec HS-M7990TH that works great now. It has 611ounces @ 7.4v. So you could go with that. They are expensive though. $200 each.
hitechredneck187 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2011, 10:41 AM   #36
www.ottsix.com

Default traxxas

My Traxxas radio has EPA
Quote:
Originally Posted by toyofast View Post
Yep.

Before you go spending more money on servos, I'd suggest you take that money and step up to a radio that can actually work. The Traxxas radios are great for the n00bie but that's it. Get a radio that has EPA's and all the other bells and whistles that will make you grin from ear to ear.
crawl-o-matic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2011, 10:30 PM   #37

you should run a bec and set at 6.5 v that work great running jr sevros for 3 years know run 2 or 3 time a week
digger48 is offline   Reply With Quote