Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler Brand Specific Tech > Heritage Crawlers > XTM Crawler

Notices

Thread: Our X-Crawler

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-18-2009, 01:00 PM   #21
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by m&mkrawler View Post
Your x-Crawler looks really nice...Good Job...
Could I ask what your electronic setup is like... I want to run rear steer and run dig so I'm curious on how to go about it.. I know a punk computer is needed but I'm still a Rookie to the Supers.
Could you guys help me out..?
well your going to need atleast a 4 channel radio to do all of that, if you can use a stick radio a dx6i or dx6 is perfect im running a dx7. You can either use one esc and a punk rc dig switch/ micro switches, or you can use two esc's. 2 esc's give a little more options but obviously costs more, There are probably other pistol radios but the 4pk is only one im sure will work easily with 2 esc's, for $210 a pre moded 6 channel stick radio would be perfect like this one http://www.ckrccrawlers.com/shop/ind...oducts_id=1608.
paintballer9876 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 08-18-2009, 01:20 PM   #22
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by paintballer9876 View Post
well your going to need atleast a 4 channel radio to do all of that, if you can use a stick radio a dx6i or dx6 is perfect im running a dx7. You can either use one esc and a punk rc dig switch/ micro switches, or you can use two esc's. 2 esc's give a little more options but obviously costs more, There are probably other pistol radios but the 4pk is only one im sure will work easily with 2 esc's, for $210 a pre moded 6 channel stick radio would be perfect like this one http://www.ckrccrawlers.com/shop/ind...oducts_id=1608.
the new tq has a 3rd channel switch but the 4th channel has a 3 toggle switch.... could that work..?
I am only going to have 1 esc.... so a punk is what I will need...?
m&mkrawler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2009, 02:13 PM   #23

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flyin Hawaiian View Post
i would do 2 novak roosters. and the (dig it) unit from novak. 1/4 scale servos. Or 2 castle creation sidewinders or MM or 2 tekin FX-R's they have sick drag brake. With that radio you are limiting your self with only one esc. you have more control with two.

I am a total new person to crawling so don't mind my questions

Which radio would you suggest then ?

Yes, down the road I might want to get 2 esc and do all that is possible. This is just a start to see if I can get all electronics work for the time being and have a little start up fun if you know what i mean.

I am all open to other parts that should be put together instead of what I listed down. I can opt for them if you tell me how will they benefit please
Le0Heart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2009, 02:15 PM   #24

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flyin Hawaiian View Post
i would do 2 novak roosters. and the (dig it) unit from novak. 1/4 scale servos. Or 2 castle creation sidewinders or MM or 2 tekin FX-R's they have sick drag brake. With that radio you are limiting your self with only one esc. you have more control with two.
how do you check or know, if i am limiting to only esc with rds 8000 ?
Le0Heart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2009, 06:25 PM   #25
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
the new tq has a 3rd channel switch but the 4th channel has a 3 toggle switch.... could that work..?
I am only going to have 1 esc.... so a punk is what I will need...?
If you are doing one esc then yes the tq4 will work however your going to need to switch the 3rd channel to a 3 position switch other wise you will only get one dig option. 2 3 position switches will give you front and rear dig and steering throw all the way to the right or left.
Old 08-19-2009, 06:19 PM   #26
Quarry Creeper

Can you help me with a question...
Is it true that if you run a PunkComputer with a RoosterCrawler....it will run 2 motors...?
Old 08-28-2009, 10:53 PM   #27
Rock Stacker

LOSB7201
How did you fit on orignal rim? diameter 85mm way too small and rim fit hole is thiner then tire....
ke6geu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2009, 12:04 AM   #28

aluminizednice work
tyler ax10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2009, 08:47 AM   #29
Quarry Creeper

hey everyone again.... I need some HELP with a decision about my x-Crawler from some who have or had an x-Crawler....
I recently bought a 'Hustler' ClodBuster and ended up getting that running very quick...Now its time for the x-Crawler... BUT not too sure about putting money into it because of thing I've been told...
I WANT to keep it but is it worth it...??
Have any of you thought the same...? Should I try and get rid of it or can it actually become a good crawler...?
I'm hoping for some advice/help/tips on what I should do....
THANKS
Old 09-08-2009, 02:01 PM   #30
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
hey everyone again.... I need some HELP with a decision about my x-Crawler from some who have or had an x-Crawler....
I recently bought a 'Hustler' ClodBuster and ended up getting that running very quick...Now its time for the x-Crawler... BUT not too sure about putting money into it because of thing I've been told...
I WANT to keep it but is it worth it...??
Have any of you thought the same...? Should I try and get rid of it or can it actually become a good crawler...?
I'm hoping for some advice/help/tips on what I should do....
THANKS
Well put it together but dont spend alot of time and money on it, i have my first comp with my super comming this sunday i plan on competing with it but if it starts breaking everytime i run it its gone. I will be setting up a berg axle.
Old 09-08-2009, 05:41 PM   #31
Quarry Creeper

ok....so let me know how it goes.... Hopefully you'll come back with good news...all the way around....
Old 09-08-2009, 06:41 PM   #32
Rock Crawler

Quote:
Originally Posted by ke6geu View Post
LOSB7201
How did you fit on orignal rim? diameter 85mm way too small and rim fit hole is thiner then tire....
WOW! You guys have been busy while I've been gone.

The Losi Aftershock tires mounted right up to the stock X-Crawler wheels, both are MAXX Size (3.2" wheel)

I feel that the X has a lot of comp potential on the local level. The axles have been trouble free for us and we're working on making it narrower to get the gearboxes to quit dragging the ground so much.

For electronics we're running a modded TQ3 for rear steer and a single Sidewinder on 3s lipo. My son tried a stick radio with dual esc's but it was too complicated for him.
John82601 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2009, 07:14 PM   #33
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
ok....so let me know how it goes.... Hopefully you'll come back with good news...all the way around....
Well i came in 3rd........ out of 3 there wasnt a good showing for supers, and the courses where brutal, a true chassis twister, no one finished a course. Everything but the axles broke, broke a rod end, stripped a servo horn, and ripped the link off the skid plate didnt even break the rod end . The tires are so so there are deffinatly better, at some point i will be getting a set of 40 series wheels and 3 sets of hot bodies rovers and i will make some rovers for my crawler. I got it into some bad binds and stalled out the motors with no breakages. however wheel speed is a must i had nothing my mini goes faster :-(

To give you an idea of how tough the courses where out of the 5 mini runners (not a big showing either) 4 broke, i had a stripped bevel gear, and stripped shock end, my dad had destroyed drive shaft, one guy had smoked a mamba 25 and the other guy stripped a spur gear.

Last edited by paintballer9876; 09-13-2009 at 07:21 PM.
Old 09-13-2009, 07:42 PM   #34
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
Well i came in 3rd........ out of 3 there wasnt a good showing for supers, and the courses where brutal, a true chassis twister, no one finished a course. Everything but the axles broke, broke a rod end, stripped a servo horn, and ripped the link off the skid plate didnt even break the rod end . The tires are so so there are deffinatly better, at some point i will be getting a set of 40 series wheels and 3 sets of hot bodies rovers and i will make some rovers for my crawler. I got it into some bad binds and stalled out the motors with no breakages. however wheel speed is a must i had nothing my mini goes faster :-(

To give you an idea of how tough the courses where out of the 5 mini runners (not a big showing either) 4 broke, i had a stripped bevel gear, and stripped shock end, my dad had destroyed drive shaft, one guy had smoked a mamba 25 and the other guy stripped a spur gear.

WOW... that must of been hell. Have any pics?
minisaba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2009, 08:56 PM   #35
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by minisaba View Post
WOW... that must of been hell. Have any pics?
No, the other problem was the dirt it wasnt natural terrain so lots of very slick rock and a ton of dirt. The next comps will be the 3rd and 4th of october and i will post my results, there should be many more people on the 4th since that is the first comp of the rcc winter series in colorado so it will be natural rock. It will be good to see how it compares with guys like rubbaneck and sparkyj along with all the other super runners.

We did however have some fun with the 2.2's, the puller guys where also there so i loaded my berg with 1.2 lbs in each front tire and shoved another 14 oz tire/wheel under the front of the body and successfully pulled a 40lb cart around 20ft in dirt.
Old 09-14-2009, 09:01 AM   #36
Quarry Creeper

Quote:

DAMN...that bites...sorry to hear all that...I've definatly been there before... I guess its kinda good you didn't have issues with the axles because I thought that would be the biggest issue...
I still need to build mine up....but couldn't really tell what your overall thoughts were... Should I build or try and get rid of...?
I know I should probably build and run it before I make that decision but....I don't know....:?
Were you able to get some pics..?
Old 09-14-2009, 06:53 PM   #37
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
No, the other problem was the dirt it wasnt natural terrain so lots of very slick rock and a ton of dirt. The next comps will be the 3rd and 4th of october and i will post my results, there should be many more people on the 4th since that is the first comp of the rcc winter series in colorado so it will be natural rock. It will be good to see how it compares with guys like rubbaneck and sparkyj along with all the other super runners.

We did however have some fun with the 2.2's, the puller guys where also there so i loaded my berg with 1.2 lbs in each front tire and shoved another 14 oz tire/wheel under the front of the body and successfully pulled a 40lb cart around 20ft in dirt.
How did you like your Xtm overall? Was it fun?
Old 09-14-2009, 07:44 PM   #38
Quarry Creeper

I like it, it works great i need to flip my axle tubes so the links are on the bottom and adjust the weight a bit, it didnt do any worse than the two clods except on the "finals" course. If you have the stuff to run it, try it i actually broke less than one guy, who broke twice before even starting the course . There was another guy there that was trying to sell a super roller with rapter rc4wd axles and a tube chassis with moabs and axial beadlocks, i was looking at doing it for my dad but he wanted $800 , it was brand new though.
Old 09-14-2009, 08:10 PM   #39
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
I like it, it works great i need to flip my axle tubes so the links are on the bottom and adjust the weight a bit, it didnt do any worse than the two clods except on the "finals" course. If you have the stuff to run it, try it i actually broke less than one guy, who broke twice before even starting the course . There was another guy there that was trying to sell a super roller with rapter rc4wd axles and a tube chassis with moabs and axial beadlocks, i was looking at doing it for my dad but he wanted $800 , it was brand new though.

Nice, I am happy to hear good feedback about it. I bet that roller was super cool super huh. All I need to get mine rolling is a new controller. Am in a tight spot because my ps3 died and that was my dvd player, so now I am stuck at buying the RSD8000 or a new ps3. However it turns out to be am not giving or getting rid of my xtm, i have always like fixing things and make them work even if they are hard. I like my axles. I ran them with my friends controller and never had a problem.
Old 09-14-2009, 10:29 PM   #40
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by minisaba View Post
Nice, I am happy to hear good feedback about it. I bet that roller was super cool super huh. All I need to get mine rolling is a new controller. Am in a tight spot because my ps3 died and that was my dvd player, so now I am stuck at buying the RSD8000 or a new ps3. However it turns out to be am not giving or getting rid of my xtm, i have always like fixing things and make them work even if they are hard. I like my axles. I ran them with my friends controller and never had a problem.
the rapter roller was sweet, but way out of my dads price range..... well decide what do you use more, if you compete with the super then maybe do the rx, if you watch movies alot do the ps3. Or buy a cheap dvd player to get you by and by the rx and save for another ps3. I think these axles have alot of potential and if set up right could be damn good, if i had the machinig skills and or money to do it i would find away to make a locker in the middle and have two axle shafts making the 30min axle tear down into 5 minutes... pipe dreams are fun