Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler Brand Specific Tech > Heritage Crawlers > XTM Crawler

Notices

Thread: X-Factor Crawler - Nitro this time - PICS

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-22-2004, 10:00 PM   #1
Rock Crawler

Default X-Factor Crawler - Nitro this time - PICS

Sup guys! After months of running my X as an electric crawler I HAD to get back to nitro for a little while! Here's my new, improved nitro X-factor Crawler!!! I swapped axles back to my nitro chassis and gave it a MAJOR overhaul. I stretched the wheelbase and lowered the COG. I only get about 3 3/4" clearance under the tranny. Here's the new specs:

new links for a 16 3/4" wheelbase
XTM aluminum tranny plates
Big cooling head
Narrowed Jumbo Kong TSL tires
new MGT wheels
Feral Cat Racing Spools
12t cb
52t savage spur gear
slider clutch
Maxx 2.5 sliders
independent 4wheel steering
Duratrax pull start

And the pics, Enjoy!

Big cooling head courtesy of X-factinHawaiian....Thanks dude!

No room for a wheelie bar here!

maximum articulation. The rear upper links hit the chassis since the chassis sits so low so that limits articulation a bit. My experience with rock crawling I've noticed that tons of articulation doesn't always help.

And here's some pics of the tranny with the T-maxx brake conversion. As you can see I had to grind the lower mount for the brake lever so the tmaxx brake disc would clear it.

I also had to narrow the savage spur gear some so it would clear the new brake setup. I used 2 of the original x-factor brake discs on the bottom then stacked the two t-maxx brake discs on top so that the tmaxx brake pad would be centered on the blue hex shaped coupler. I also had to grind a half circle on the topmost xtm disc so that the blue hex collar wouldn't rub. This 'may' not all be necessary but it was the solution I came up with and it works.

The yokes on the sliders had to be drilled to fit over the lower tranny shaft. Takes 2minutes with a cordless drill

Here's a shot of the completed assembly. The lower tranny shaft I had drilled at a LHS that has a Lathe on hand. He only charged me $2 to drill them out for the setscrew on the sliders!

You can see here how I had to double up on the nut holding the spur gear like Viper (XTM forum) says. The nut came loose in the first half tank of running it.

BEEFY 5/16" aluminum links and new rod ends
cman_1500w is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 11-22-2004, 10:06 PM   #2
Quarry Creeper

Default Re: X-Factor Crawler - Nitro this time - PICS

You will come back to the DARK SIDE
BARK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2004, 10:11 PM   #3
Quarry Creeper

Default Re: X-Factor Crawler - Nitro this time - PICS

Pretty...... to bad my mini-t is a whole lot faster can't wait to go do some drivin with ya
KidWithAcrayon is offline   Reply With Quote

LinkBacks (?)
LinkBack to this Thread: http://www.rccrawler.com/forum/xtm-crawler/3017-x-factor-crawler-nitro-time-pics.html
Posted By For Type Date
שאלה|זחלן - FXP This thread Refback 02-19-2013 06:32 AM