Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler Brand Specific Tech > Heritage Crawlers > XTM Crawler

Notices

Thread: nobody? really?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-09-2013, 10:14 PM   #1
Rock Stacker

Default nobody? really?

so everybody just gave up on this thing huh? well...not me dammit. I just rebuilt mine on a homemade stick chassis and my axles and gears are still going strong. one little problem and everybody jumps ship. mine is stronger than ever and still stomping super bergs on stock one piece gears. I dont care what anyone says about this thing. Ive had it since the beginning. Since the problems and rode it out. People need to find these axles and run em.
Super Woody is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 11-08-2013, 01:24 PM   #2
Rock Crawler

Default Re: nobody? really?

what happened? Was the rig doomed?
realsickclown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2013, 06:24 PM   #3
Rock Stacker

No, XTM had a run of bad gears. Couldnt keep up with demand on replacements for a minute and then everybody jumped ship and bad mouthed them so they have kind of died off. Its an awesome super once the gears are fixed. Mine is super capable and I built mine up on a stick chassis.
Old 11-17-2013, 09:32 PM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Super Woody View Post
No, XTM had a run of bad gears. Couldnt keep up with demand on replacements for a minute and then everybody jumped ship and bad mouthed them so they have kind of died off. Its an awesome super once the gears are fixed. Mine is super capable and I built mine up on a stick chassis.
Share some pics of it in action!

Maybe a few pics or even possibly video will light the fire back up for some people.

THX_138 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2013, 10:20 PM   #5
Rock Crawler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Super Woody View Post
so everybody just gave up on this thing huh? well...not me dammit. I just rebuilt mine on a homemade stick chassis and my axles and gears are still going strong. one little problem and everybody jumps ship. mine is stronger than ever and still stomping super bergs on stock one piece gears. I dont care what anyone says about this thing. Ive had it since the beginning. Since the problems and rode it out. People need to find these axles and run em.
Would like to see the berg stomping.

Quote:
Originally Posted by THX_138 View Post
Share some pics of it in action!

Maybe a few pics or even possibly video will light the fire back up for some people.

X2
michael is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2013, 09:00 PM   #6

I'm with you I dig my XTM I put some hot motors in it just to increase the fun ,so ill probably need gears ,what's the fix for bending the side plates where the trailing arms and links attack? The corners always bend out and I straighten them out !
Mg1234 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2014, 10:08 AM   #7
Rock Stacker

I got rid of the factory chassis. I built a giant stick chassis for mine after experimenting with a havoc style torsion delrin chassis i made. It was okay i just dont have the right tools to get everything perfectly square so i had quite a bit of axle swing. I think mine is about to go up for sale though. I have not been crawling lately just doing alot of bashing with my son so i think its gonna have to go.
Old 08-02-2014, 09:28 PM   #8
Quarry Creeper

I just received a set of these axles in a trade and one axle case is empty. It was not supposed to be though. Where do I find parts for it and how do I separate the case ? The drive gear is there on the axle shaft but I can't pull the plates apart. I can send pics if someone wants to help out an idiot. Billy g 2514638669
Attached Images

creepr69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2014, 05:33 PM   #9
Rock Stacker

This might help
http://media.globalhobby.com/manual/145632.PDF
wish you luck
cameron20118 is offline   Reply With Quote