Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler Brand Specific Tech > Heritage Crawlers > XTM Crawler

Notices

Thread: My first nitro

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-03-2005, 12:55 PM   #41
Pebble Pounder

Wobble? Huh? What do you mean?
RampageFSJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 04-03-2005, 02:43 PM   #42
Quarry Creeper

well these aren't the best rims made; they aren't perfectly round, and the pin in the rim design lets them wobble on the axle after heavy use. And they are made out of softer plastic so they deform easily. Or maybe the first run of x-f's just were a bad batch.
moonbuggy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2005, 08:00 PM   #43
Pebble Pounder

Well, mine`s one of the first versions. Parents gave it to me off of Ebay a while back and since then, It`s seen some heavy use and abuse including a nose dive that snapped a couple of suspension links and I haven`t noticed a thing wrong with the wheels.
Old 04-03-2005, 10:07 PM   #44
Quarry Creeper

yeah with the stock tires they are fine but once you get those kongs on and run it around they will start getting all out of whack. Or maybe only mine came with crap wheels. Anyhow, grab the wheel and wiggle it, if it moves with out the knuckle moving with it, you have my problem.
moonbuggy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2005, 01:42 PM   #45
Rock Stacker

Quote:
Originally Posted by TwistedCreations
Listen assmunch. If you would have read my post the right way and not had your head stuck up your ass, you would have seen i said "you do not know how to type worth a shit and YOUR dumber than a hoe handle" it was spelled right. so until you get some braincells and can move up to everyone elses' level here,it's best you STFU. As for you calling me the "****ing idiot", that's really the pot calling the kettle black. So if you like this site, you may want to go back into your corner, sit down and STFU and be a good boy
Just to join in on the part and act like a jerk(im just playing around), yes you speleld your right but you use the wrong spelling. It is actually you're as in you are dumber than. Your means it is yours or, your tools in the shed, its possesive.

lol Im just playing around so don't beat me with a stick....

Anyway, to my constructive points: umm am I missing something about the motor on this because all motors, to my knowledge, even ones without a midrange needle should have high speed, low speed and idle.. the little idle needle sets it so that even at full break the carb is open only so much... so unless im missing something about this Id recomend taking off the airfilter and screwing in the idle needle until you can see about 1-2mm of carb open space at full brake.
gemiller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2005, 04:38 PM   #46
Pebble Pounder

Default Big Evil`s Back!

(What I look like now) After a loooong time of being neglected, I got Big Evil (my X Factor) up and running with a new 15 1/2 in. WB over the stock 12 1/2in. WB. I extended the rear end of the truck to fit a Revo shaft in since my old one kept on breaking the pin. Now after a day of mudding (in true snot mud), rock crawling, and junk pile crawling, I thrashed the snot out of the revo shaft and it came back for more, (at least I did something right). But I did end up busting the pin in the stock front shaft for the first time in the junk pile and hauled the truck in for a break (and a washing ). I got it tuned right, and it`s only problems of the day was the shaft, and it only got stuck when the tires got gummed up and when the open diffs got me when it got hung up. And those problems will be fixed in the future with Swamp Kongs for more traction and clearance and I will lock the diffs up. (I`ll also put in a spur gear with more teeth to make up for the size of the Kongs.) Sorry I didn`t get any pics of todays action, but as soon as the front shaft is fixed, it`ll be round 2 and I`m taking the camera with me .
Old 06-13-2005, 08:50 PM   #47
Pebble Pounder

Nobody gives a dang, huh. I thought I`d at least get a chewing for not taking pics. (Sorry if I didn`t wait long enuff, I`m damn excited! )