After being hard up for days looking for details about the new Axial EXO Terra Buggy we finally sent out our undercover correspondent to get us the details we’ve all been waiting for. Armed with a badge into the 2011 SEMA Show and his trusty tape measure he was promptly kicked out of the first booth he found that had the EXO Terra Buggy displayed, seems they didn’t want to reveal the specs to us. Not wanting to give up he tried the next booth and was able to get us the info we have been craving.
- Adjustable Motor Mount: The patent pending adjustable motor mount included with the EXO features a two piece design that allows you to easily set your gear mesh with an adjustment screw providing the ability to achieve a perfect fit. A set screw is used to securely lock the two piece motor mount in position. The two piece mount is also keyed for proper alignment and strength.
- Standard 32 Pitch Gears: The EXO utilizes standard 32 pitch pinion and spur gears to provide more tooth surface area for durability and efficiency to put its power to the ground!
- Three Oil-Filled Gear Differentials: Three, silicone oil-filled differentials transfer power to all four wheels and because they’re oil-filled they can be fine tuned with silicone fluid. Each differential features four sintered gears housed in compact differential cases. This also allows the EXO to use compact and streamlined bulkheads for reduced weight, meaning less spinning mass for higher performance.
- Durable Driveline Components: The stub axles are held in place by two bearings, an outer small bearing, and a large inner bearing. The larger inner bearing increases durability and stability. The steering pins are titanium nitride coated for less wear and durability. The axle is mated to a standard 12mm cast aluminum hex hub.
- Quick Release Battery Mount: The patent pending quick release battery mount is easily adjustable to fit any battery pack. The flexible rubber straps are connected to a hinge on one end and the other contains a pin that keys into a composite plastic latch that keeps your battery securely in place. There’s also an integrated “lift assist” mechanism which puts the battery in the best position for removal. The lower plastic end plates are adjustable which allow you to fit any battery pack, and in most cases, two batteries will fit standing on edge. The motor position is centered lengthwise and battery is positioned towards the center for balance and stability.
- Integrated Light Bar: Brighten up your night time driving session! The integrated light bar holds up to five LED lights and features clear plastic lenses and three styles of mesh covers – plain, Axial and officially licensed PIAA covers! (LED lights not included)
- Protective Skid Plate Bumpers: The front and rear bumpers are hinged which allow them to flex upon impact, protecting the EXO from crash damage. Aluminum skid plate inserts add an extra level of protection and feature an embossed surface for added style.
- Rear Tail Lights: The built-in rear diffuser/wing has embedded rear marker light buckets for up to four LED tail lights (LED lights not included).
- 2.2/3.0 Raceline Renegade Wheels: Raceline is by far the most popular wheel for extreme duty off-roading. Their ability to stand up to the abuse demanded by the full-size racer and their show quality finish is second to none. The officially licensed Raceline Renegade gives the EXO that authentic racing look as well as providing the strength to handle whatever you can dish out!
- Hankook Dynapro MT Tires: The EXO features realistic, officially licensed Hankook Dynapro MT tires that perform as good as they look. The front tires are narrow (34mm) which help the EXO navigate the terrain while the rear tires are wide (41mm) putting the power to the ground with enough traction to keep the EXO firmly planted. Internal ribbing helps reinforce the sidewall to prevent it from folding over which keeps the tires working at peak performance.
- Adjustable Suspension: Threaded shock bodies, multiple shock positions and adjustments for toe, kickup (rear), camber, roll center and ackermann allow you to fine tune your suspension for high performance.
- High Quality Components: Axial has chosen a variety of parts that keep the EXO durable and performing at a high level. These include steel turnbuckles, steel dogbones, steel outdrives, captured stainless steel hinge pins, full ball bearings, titanium nitride coated shock shafts and steering pins and a sintered steel pinion gear.
- Tuned Shock Springs: Finding the right spring rate can be tough. Axial made it easy for you by including what they found to be the right balance of high speed and harsh terrain handling. The spring rate they have chosen keeps the EXO on course and ready for your next obstacle!
- High Quality Steering System: The EXO Utilizes Steel steering posts, an aluminum steering rack, and aluminum servo saver retaining system with captured bearings to keep you pointed in the right direction. The entire steering system also leans back 10 degrees to match the front kickup which eliminates all bumpsteer.
- Wire Routing: The chassis has plastic routing clips throughout which helps keep your receiver and servo wires snug and away from moving parts which could shred the wires.
- Waterproof Receiver Box: The waterproof receiver box keeps your radio gear protected from the elements and with integrated wire management, it keeps the receiver leads organized and away from moving parts.
- Patent Pending ESC Clip: Axial includes three ESC mounting plates. Securely clip in your Castle SV2, or Novak Havoc SC ESC’s with Axials patent pending ESC mounts. Running something different? Then use the included universal servo mount plate and standard servo tape.
- Realistic Scale Details: The EXO features a variety of fully licensed, realistic features including a V8 Turnkey engine, a Fuel Safe fuel cell and an interior body set with four Corbeau race seats.
- Robust Molded Roll Cage Design: The cage closely resembles what you’d find on 1:1 vehicles making this a strong and proven tough design that keeps the EXO well protected.
- 4mm Aluminum Chassis: The 4mm center chassis is made from 6061 aluminum for durability and features recessed pockets to lower the center of gravity.
- Ground Clearance: The chassis tub is tapered to give you an extra 1/2” of ground clearance.
- Double Shear Shock Mount: The captured double shear shock mount features an aluminum plate that keys into the molded cage for added strength.
Comments are closed.