• Welcome to RCCrawler Forums.

    It looks like you're enjoying RCCrawler's Forums but haven't created an account yet. Why not take a minute to register for your own free account now? As a member you get free access to all of our forums and posts plus the ability to post your own messages, communicate directly with other members, and much more. Register now!

    Already a member? Login at the top of this page to stop seeing this message.

Grob's AR60 build

grob23

RCC Addict
Joined
Nov 12, 2005
Messages
1,290
Location
Kansas
After much debate (mentally) I believe I've finally found the proper place for this thread. I'm still uncertain so mods, feel free to move it wherever!

Rewind a couple years ago and I bought a used MOA rig with the intention of hopefully getting to re-live a part of crawling history that I missed out on. Due to there beeing zero aftermarket and zero interest I decided to scrap the project and not build a BergV2 crawler... my MOA dreams will be fulfilled someday, but for now, another shafty!

I have a pile of dirty parts is all, but all builds need to start somewhere. I have:

A pair of stock AR60 axles from an OG Wraith (with incision steering links)
An old HiTec HS-7954SH servo with a metal Racers Edge clamping horn
A stock SCX10 transmission with WB8 shafts
A set of 2.2 Hot Bodies Sedona's with stock foams
A set of Axial shocks with SCX10 springs and retainers and modded caps
A set of delrin lower links (rears might be Kamikaze Kustoms)
Some random delrin chassis meant for an MOA rig (T1E Moonbuggy maybe?)
and as a place holder I have an Axial 35t motor
wQj60Br.jpeg


rDuFwMJ.jpeg


I'll hafta fab up a skid to fit the transmission, but I have ordered body mounts and spacers from DLux to widen the chassis. I also ordered a carbon fiber brace from DLux

I have an airbrushed body from back in the day that I plan to run, but more on that (and the wheels) later
 
Got an order from DLux Fab in today so I can make some progress

I got a pair of 70mm lightweight aluminum chassis spacers and a pair of 70mm body mounts. Got em installed with 12mm SS button heads. I plan to cut up a skid at work hopefully tomorrow

zgtrZpC.jpeg


While I did remove these axles from an OG Wraith chassis, I believe them to be from a Bomber. The diff cover looks different. Doesn't change much, they're still AR60s. Also from DLux I got a sportsman front axle truss and battery plate. I just have it loosely installed for now so I can take it apart and clean everything and add fresh grease. I probably won't use the tie-rod from incision and the drag link is temporary. It's a delrin link I've had kicking around for ages and while it works, it leaves a lot to be desired.

T4KWvn5.jpeg


I ordered a few Vanquish bits, and a Holmes motor. Also ordered an ESC. Dummy me forgot to order a rear axle truss, so back to DLux I go
 
Last edited:
The chunky, front and rear cross-braces on that chassis are interesting. Wondering how that center hole is going to be used.
 
Body mounts look confusing when I don't show the whole thing...

5HIWORc.jpeg


TQh1waK.jpeg


p0crqeX.jpeg


7TW2WED.jpeg


also, got a skid cut! This thing is thick but oh well (more weight down low I guess) Still gotta cut some more and get it drilled for the trans and to mount it. Came out to 59mm long x 69mm wide and fits great!

SzZEP3N.jpeg
 
Bit of an update: got some vanqiush goodies installed on the axles (C Hubs, knuckles, rear lockouts, and link mounts all around). Also cleaned-up the housings and added fresh grease on the gears. I see some broken axle shafts in my future as what's in it is pretty worn. Also got a Vanquish case installed on the transmission and a Holmes Hobbies CrawlMaster Sport 13T motor. I made another order to Dlux for a rear truss, and another order to RPP for parts to finish the transmission properly. More updates as parts roll in

scQSGBd.jpeg
 
Back
Top