• Welcome to RCCrawler Forums.

It looks like you're enjoying RCCrawler's Forums but haven't created an account yet. Why not take a minute to register for your own free account now? As a member you get free access to all of our forums and posts plus the ability to post your own messages, communicate directly with other members, and much more. Register now!

Already a member? Login at the top of this page to stop seeing this message.

New to the Losi Comp Crawler or Losi Night Crawler - Post your questions here!

My daughter's Night Crawler seems to shut off a lot while she's using it. Battery still has juice. This starts happening about 10 or so minutes after she starts using it. I don't think it's an over heating issue because she isn't running it hard. It just stops working but it's not turning off completely because the lights are still on. The crawler just won't do anything. Won't turn or move. I press the button on the ESC and it will go again for several minutes then stop again. Any ideas? Might end up upgrading the ESC/motor anyways...so that might take care of the issue. But still wondering about what's going on. The truck is new. Using a 2s Lipo that's properly charged.

Lubricate the diffs. I had a similar problem with my LNC. Changed out the motor and speed control only to find out it was dry diffs.

What kinda lube? I have several types that I have for my mountain bikes. White Lithium, Slick Honey, Red and Tacky, Dow 44. Probably a couple others.

What kinda lube? I have several types that I have for my mountain bikes. White Lithium, Slick Honey, Red and Tacky, Dow 44. Probably a couple others.

Good morning Nubster, I would say that any of the greases you have will work. The white lithium, or Red and Tacky would be my choices. A way to make them easier to grease in the future is to drill a hole in the axle housings that you can thread a 3mm screw into ( make sure your hole is in a bit of a cavity on either side of the gear) and get a syringe that will move your grease through and use it to put grease in the axle without taking it apart. I grease mine this way after every couple runs. "thumbsup"
Ernie

Last edited:
Agree with Cody. Jr's losi will be at crawlapoloza again this year hopefully he dose well with it.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

Agree with Cody. Jr's losi will be at crawlapoloza again this year hopefully he dose well with it.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

Hey Fish, it is good to hear he is still getting some use out of the axle upgrade."thumbsup"
Hope you guys had a good summer and stayed out of the Texas heat! ;-)
Ernie

weather still shocks me.. it was I think 65 today in Michigan. How can it be 54 in texas? lol.

Anyone know where to buy a rear steer kit for the night crawler se?

I really want rear steer but looks to be discontinued.

Anyone know where to buy a rear steer kit for the night crawler se?

I really want rear steer but looks to be discontinued.

If you look at the parts of LOSB2046, the parts themselves can be bought still, the kit was just that.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'm not new to RC but I just got into what could be crawling. I picked up a Losi Comp Crawler from a buddy. I say could be because it's nowhere near ready to drive. I have the frame, axles, wheels, springs, drive shafts and body. He said he found the dig and dig servo, so there's some progress toward getting it running. When I get those, I'll see where I'm at. This might be a fun adventure. :)

I’m not new to these trucks, just very out of date in my knowledge on them. I’m just wondering what would be a good brushless system to run in the Comp and if anybody has tried a one of Spektrum’s 40a ESC/Rx in the Nights as well as what tires have you guys used on them, as mine still have their factory installed Rock Claws on the original 6 hole beadlocks.

Last edited:
Hello, Fella's! I recently bought a brand new Night Crawler SE and being new to crawling didn't realize there were two versions with Comp Crawler being the second. I would like to have the "dig" feature that the Comp Crawler has. Is it possible to replace the tranny in my Night Crawler with one from a Comp Crawler or is it even worth the time/money?

story.php

Last edited:
Hello, Fella's! I recently bought a brand new Night Crawler SE and being new to crawling didn't realize there were two versions with Comp Crawler being the second. I would like to have the "dig" feature that the Comp Crawler has. Is it possible to replace the tranny in my Night Crawler with one from a Comp Crawler or is it even worth the time/money?

story.php

If you can find the dig trans it is 100% worth the direct swap.

good day all, okay, i went thru my comp crawler first edition and have updated the worms, greased everything up and updated the receiver to a spektrum sr515 receiver and added rear steer along with the front and rear dig function. i have also now upgraded from the dx4 to the dx5 pro radio... can someone please point me in the correct direction to get this all to work together now... the radio manual along with support have not been much assistance... thanks in advance for any and all assistance.

Back