• Welcome to RCCrawler Forums.

It looks like you're enjoying RCCrawler's Forums but haven't created an account yet. Why not take a minute to register for your own free account now? As a member you get free access to all of our forums and posts plus the ability to post your own messages, communicate directly with other members, and much more. Register now!

Already a member? Login at the top of this page to stop seeing this message.

Redcat Ascent Crawler

If I bought that I would have $1k in it not long after the first run. Then what would I have - a thousand dollar Redcat? Lol.

I will be ordering 1. For some reason my acct with them has been deleted. Waiting on a response back from them about it.

this release looks interesting ... the 299 price on the regular ascent seemed ok but we all know the esc and motor are going to be upgraded ... now they did half the job on putting on a fusion and bam some really tasteful upgrades thrown on it .... I will be getting one just not yet ... Id like to hear honest reviews.. I got one of the little 18 ascends and its really good fun ... a bit top heavy but i like to tinker and already working on mods to improve it.

Oh wow. I was debating getting an Ascent to mess around with, but this version definitely grabbed my attention. My birthday is in a few weeks and I think I know what my wife can get me, and maybe the 1/18 version as well.

Oh wow. I was debating getting an Ascent to mess around with, but this version definitely grabbed my attention. My birthday is in a few weeks and I think I know what my wife can get me, and maybe the 1/18 version as well.

if you were on the fence of the ascent then I dont see why not get the better version
:mrgreen:

The release piqued my interest and got me thinking of a more comp specific rig, but with the release of the fusion with the upgrades I would’ve put on anyway, and at that price, I pulled the trigger and ordered one. It’ll be my first Redcat and first rtr in a loooong time. Can’t wait to get it out on the rocks.

Never been a Redcat fan at all. Until the Ascent came out in 2023. Liked what they offered in the OG Acsent. Figured I'd wait and see what the reviews where like on them. So a few months later. I was never into the 1/18th scale crawlers but saw that Redcat put out the 1/18th version of the Acsent That I liked. So I I decided to buy all 3 color choices for the 1/18th Acsent. Just a week later Redcat drops the bombshell of the Fusion version. Well long story short. I am a Redcat fan. Ended up getting the Fusion as well. They have totally stepped up there game. Well played Redcat well played!!"thumbsup"

Harley was saying the Ascent axles aren't great. What's the issue(s) with the axles?

I've had a few different Redcat models since their start. Their plastic has gotten way better since then. I hated the steering link on the Gen8. Broke quite a few before making my on out of aluminum. Broke the portal gears and the plastic portal on the rear axle (gen8). I wanted to see how tough/strong the truck really was. I really like the Acent, over drive gears, brass outer portal covers and Fusion 1200kv.

Back