Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Miscellaneous > 1:1 Full Size Vehicles

Notices

Thread: My Revitalized JK

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-19-2015, 07:39 PM   #1
Quarry Creeper

Default My Revitalized JK

So this is my JK which was about to be sold before I decided to sink some more money into it... The first lift was a 4" superlift, which has seen many sets of tires and wheels, and replaced several times different control arms and track bars, as they continually got beat to sh-- on rocks. Its had everything from JKS to AEV, superlift, and teraflex suspension parts on it, and was no longer roadable because of its bad manners frankenstien suspension. Bushings were crap, I had two bent wheels and a tire with a bulging sidewall, torn flares, and bumper plastics, Etc, etc. LOLFINALLY-- I sucked it up and decided to invest a large sum in to it again. Breathe it back to life.

It now sports a Rubicon Express 4.5" chromoly 4 link long arm lift, a stretched wheelbase- 37" BFG Mud Terrain T/A KM2 tires, 17" Procomp LaPaz wheels, new flares, stinger bumper, tire carrier, enclosed tube half doors, and more. It looks awesome, and drives better than it did when New! Time to go get dirty!
Name:  image.jpg
Views: 332
Size:  181.8 KB

Last edited by tomvaillencourt; 05-19-2015 at 07:46 PM. Reason: Adding photo
tomvaillencourt is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 05-20-2015, 05:33 AM   #2
I wanna be Dave

Default Re: My Revitalized JK

Looks good, glad you kept it. I have a '15 I'm working to make a DD and sometimes trail driven rig.

How do you like those flares, easy install? I'm between those, MCE, or cutting (not sold on the downward rake of the stock though)
binaryterror is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2015, 11:07 AM   #3
Quarry Creeper

Default Re: My Revitalized JK

I had someone else do it, I had to take the jeep about 170 miles away from my house to the guy that was installing the lift so I just left it with him for a couple of weeks and had him do everything... They're supposed to be pretty easy to install there's a couple nice YouTube videos that show exactly how it's done . If you decide to install them on your JK though there's a trick to getting the lights to work which I can explain to you it's really easy . My flares originally were cut offs so they looked decent but they didn't have as much rigidity. They didn't slap around in the wind but they still weren't very solid .. The price on these isn't too bad considering you get all four for the same price as just the front or the rear in a flare like the poison spyders.

Last edited by tomvaillencourt; 05-20-2015 at 11:12 AM.
tomvaillencourt is offline   Reply With Quote