RCCrawler Forums

RCCrawler Forums (http://www.rccrawler.com/forum/)
-   1:1 Full Size Vehicles (http://www.rccrawler.com/forum/1-1-full-size-vehicles/)
-   -   Any minitruckers among us? (http://www.rccrawler.com/forum/1-1-full-size-vehicles/623773-any-minitruckers-among-us.html)

Phoenixfabworx 03-02-2021 11:25 AM

Any minitruckers among us?

Is there anyone else thats into minitruck genre? Ive built quite a few over the years. I havent done much of it lately cause life gets in the way but I still enjoy it

here is my turd! I started building a reg cab for my wife but never finished it. It just sets in our garage gathering dust.

http://assets.trucktrend.com/f/63620217.jpg

ScaleLifeNewbie 03-02-2021 11:29 AM

Re: Any minitruckers among us?

Damn, that's clean"thumbsup"

Phoenixfabworx 03-03-2021 09:09 AM

That’s what it looked like in its prime... it’s lookin rough these days but it’s on the project list!! Lol

This and 1:1 rock crawling has been my main hobbies

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

nictical 03-24-2021 07:30 AM

That's really low. Looks good, though.

WHITE-TRASH 03-24-2021 10:10 AM

I have 2 toyotas that mostly qualify I guess. 90 standard cab autocross truck that's dumped in the weeds static. Mini notch out back but it needs a bigger notch and higher fender wells so it doesn't bottom out and go infinite spring rate.

92 x cab with a flat bed. It's lowered 3" via torsion bars and blocks but I'm considering putting it on bags if I don't go full retard and do 05+ sthuperduties/links & coilovers/aw4/atlas 4 speed first.

Phoenixfabworx 03-24-2021 01:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by WHITE-TRASH (Post 6074637)
I have 2 toyotas that mostly qualify I guess. 90 standard cab autocross truck that's dumped in the weeds static. Mini notch out back but it needs a bigger notch and higher fender wells so it doesn't bottom out and go infinite spring rate.

92 x cab with a flat bed. It's lowered 3" via torsion bars and blocks but I'm considering putting it on bags if I don't go full retard and do 05+ sthuperduties/links & coilovers/aw4/atlas 4 speed first.

I always wanted to build a autocross setup but i never got around to it. maybe one of these days ill get the motivation to do something crazy..

I have a linked and stretched samurai that is my rock buggy so i dont see anything wrong with the full retard plan!! lol :mrgreen:

WHITE-TRASH 03-24-2021 02:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Phoenixfabworx (Post 6074678)
I always wanted to build a autocross setup but i never got around to it. maybe one of these days ill get the motivation to do something crazy..

I have a linked and stretched samurai that is my rock buggy so i dont see anything wrong with the full retard plan!! lol :mrgreen:

The autocross truck is a riot. Will it hang with miatas? No. Will it beat up on most anything else with similar power? Hell yes.

1 ton torsion bars and sway bar, kyb monomax shocks and 240 wear tires is a great start. I also did a 9 lb flywheel and ceramic clutch with a 38/38 weber with an LCE header but that's not required for fun.

Deerhurst 03-28-2021 08:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by WHITE-TRASH (Post 6074683)
The autocross truck is a riot. Will it hang with miatas? No. Will it beat up on most anything else with similar power? Hell yes.

1 ton torsion bars and sway bar, kyb monomax shocks and 240 wear tires is a great start. I also did a 9 lb flywheel and ceramic clutch with a 38/38 weber with an LCE header but that's not required for fun.

Are your I familiar with the guy in NY that autocrosses a Nissan Hardbody? Would be cool to see your yota and his D21 head to head! Minis can be impressive in autocross!

Not sure if I've posted here for a while. I'm still in the mini game. Got a 86.5 Nissan Hardbody single cab, short box 4wd. It's now on 31s, has long tubes, mild cams and a JDM VG33 V6. Only makes an extra 40hp and 40ftlbs over factory! Currently looking for a donor Frontier with a supercharger to MPFI swap it and supercharge. I'm rocking a 6 puck ceramic clutch and a stupid heavy flywheel. Didn't weigh it but it's like picking up a sack of dog food. The 29lb out of my Audi felt a lot lighter. The truck doesn't rev quickly but it sure does have low end torque!

I've got a line on what might be my next project. An 84 Datsun 2wd on air. Motor is quite tired so it might get a turbo Kubota V2203 diesel as I have a buddy that'll give me one if I get the truck. Been waiting on the world to go less insane and DMV to start doing something before I get the truck. I'm thinking 250-300ftlbs in a tiny 2wd with a 5 speed would be a riot!

Sent from my Phone 2 using Tapatalk