RCCrawler Forums

RCCrawler Forums (http://www.rccrawler.com/forum/)
-   1.5 Scale Rigs (http://www.rccrawler.com/forum/1-5-scale-rigs/)
-   -   Is the Rc4wd trail stomper good for trail runs? (http://www.rccrawler.com/forum/1-5-scale-rigs/468421-rc4wd-trail-stomper-good-trail-runs.html)

axial 4x4 crawler 11-06-2013 12:00 PM

Is the Rc4wd trail stomper good for trail runs?

Hello,
I have the axial scx10, the wraith, and the ridgecrest but I am really interested in the rc4wd trail stomper. Now I know there are already threads about this but I really need to know for myself. Since the truck is only 300 dollars and comes rtr is it really a good truck? I know what most of you would say to get a scx10 or a trail finder 2 but I already have a scx10 and I just want a mess around truck for dirt and wooded trails. I will be changing the tires to 1.9 ripsaws or 1.9 Iroc super swampers. (old tires from my scx10). I will remove one of the rear leaf springs and the front ones. Also I will cut some axial driveshafts and replace the junk plastic ones on there. And for a better servo I will get a cheap axial as-3 form ebay, and I have a old 20t motor sitting in the parts box. I would like this to be a low cost build, but a well working truck as well. If anyone has any sugestions I would really apperciate it,

- Axial 4x4 crawler

Edfalcon64 11-07-2013 08:01 PM

Re: Is the Rc4wd trail stomper good for trail runs?

My really like my Stomper. I recently did my first comp and finished 5th in Class 1. Here are my changes from stock.

T-Boxes front and rear
Shooters in the rear
Single Black springs front and rear
Stock rims and tires
RC4WD scale shocks 100mm front and 110 rear
Hilux Cab and RC4WD bed
Sidewinder V3 and Holmes 35T motor (have not run this motor yet)

TrilloThrillo110 11-25-2013 09:52 PM

Re: Is the Rc4wd trail stomper good for trail runs?

Quote:

Originally Posted by axial 4x4 crawler (Post 4538242)
Hello,
I have the axial scx10, the wraith, and the ridgecrest but I am really interested in the rc4wd trail stomper. Now I know there are already threads about this but I really need to know for myself. Since the truck is only 300 dollars and comes rtr is it really a good truck? I know what most of you would say to get a scx10 or a trail finder 2 but I already have a scx10 and I just want a mess around truck for dirt and wooded trails. I will be changing the tires to 1.9 ripsaws or 1.9 Iroc super swampers. (old tires from my scx10). I will remove one of the rear leaf springs and the front ones. Also I will cut some axial driveshafts and replace the junk plastic ones on there. And for a better servo I will get a cheap axial as-3 form ebay, and I have a old 20t motor sitting in the parts box. I would like this to be a low cost build, but a well working truck as well. If anyone has any sugestions I would really apperciate it,

- Axial 4x4 crawler

I don't have any suggestions apart from DO iT :mrgreen: