Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Scale Rigs General Tech > 1.9 Scale Rigs

Notices

Thread: 1BJB's high lift and white bone trailer

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-28-2006, 12:00 PM   #81

Very nice rig. When I get back from Military training school I'm getting one....or two.
Furious is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 10-28-2006, 02:42 PM   #82

What wheels did you use?
Erick O is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2006, 03:41 PM   #83
Sinking with the ship

Quote:
Originally Posted by Erick O
What wheels did you use?
]

They are from Forrest @ Bruiser Builder, although I have some new wheels since I stepped it up to 2.2s

Mike
1BadJeepBruiser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2006, 04:49 PM   #84

Thats cool my high lift should be in Monday do you have the factory wheels you want to part with.
Erick O is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2006, 07:18 PM   #85
Sinking with the ship

Default Body Lift

Hey Guys, I had ALOT of time to work on my high lift today so I figured I would do a write on how to do a body lift:
Step 1: Remove cab, Basically what you are going to do is flip this "L" bracket up, this will give you a good little body lift and help clear 2.2s much better.

I found that when you do this, that the lil bit of metal on the bracket that has the threads for the screws will catch the plastic, so I recommend notching it so you have the correct fit

AFter you notch it, you can mount the L shape body mount

You will see that this give the truck nice body lift

Only thing is now the nerfs will be far away from the body, so you will need to adjust the mounts, out comes the dremel, this way you wont have a huge gap :ack

After you trim down the posts, the nerf bar should be nice and close to the body, just like before ;)

Next, youll need to space the bed from the original mount to make up for this gap. You can either use washers, or I used some spacers from RC4WD and the spacer from the tlt kit

After you do thism it should now look some like this

Well there ya go, its pretty simple
stay tune for part 2 for relocating the battery so you dont see it now with your body lift ;)
MIke
Old 10-29-2006, 11:01 PM   #86
RCC Addict

That's the first Hi-Lift w/2.2's I like the look of. Great job on an awesome truck.
@tw!ll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2006, 07:22 AM   #87
Sinking with the ship

Ok here is part 2, now that you have a body lift youll notice that the battery is more visable :banghead for me, thats a no no. So this is what I came up with, flip the batter to the top of the frame rails ;) . Now I know this will make the COG higher but I am not to concerned about that, I am more about the looks. So here are a few pics and a HOW TO do it.
Basically you will want to take the battery holder off the truck. and you are going to need to flip it around so the little battery door is on the passenger side now because otherwise it will hit the electronics tray thing (or whatevere you want to call it). Youll see that 2 out of the 4 holes actually line right up.

Next youll want to drill a new whole in the frame at the bottom left of the battery mount and put a 3mm screw with nut in. Now the 4 whole will actually interfere with the cross member, so I opted to leave it out. I figured it will be plenty sturdy enough with 3 out of the 4 in it.
Next youll need to notch the battery holder slightly to make clearance for the heads of the screws that hold the body mounts in the cab

Now you have a nice clean look and you dont see the battery hanging down at all
Next mod is relocating the steering servo to up front :kudo
lata
Mike
Old 10-30-2006, 07:30 AM   #88
Sinking with the ship

O yea, I added my brush guard and rear bumper with drop hitch from Kevin/Juggsterr as well some super narrow RC4WD beadlock wheels with narrowed baja claws from David@ xtreme hobbies. I also finally got around to installing the Fox Resvoirs from shodog customs

Mike
Old 10-30-2006, 07:52 AM   #89
I wanna be Dave

That is one sick Highlift! I like it alot! Did his claw dawgs fit right onto the super narrow beadlocks?
TLTCrawlin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2006, 08:16 AM   #90
RCC Addict

That looks great, the new brushguard is so much better than the stock one. I like the tires as well, they stick out to the sides alittle to much for my taste, but they still look good on there. Awesome truck.
Mirage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2006, 09:20 AM   #91
I wanna be Dave

Awesome work Mike, now that truck is starting to look like a TRUCK.

Lookin good man, lets see it on the rocks scratched up.
Unimoger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2006, 09:28 AM   #92
Sinking with the ship

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unimoger
Awesome work Mike, now that truck is starting to look like a TRUCK.

Lookin good man, lets see it on the rocks scratched up.
Its going to see some rock this weekend , so is the Trekker, bulu and fo runna! I am head to NJ this sunday for a GTG with my friends Bryan and Kevin (Juggsterr) @ Bryans house where there is actually ROCKS to crawl on
Old 10-30-2006, 09:50 AM   #93
RCC Addict

I love those wheels and tires truck is allmost to nice to bash on now tho
syco133 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2006, 06:31 PM   #94
Official Scale Nazi

Looking good. Let us know how the battery mount change feels.
pigeonfarmboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2006, 08:07 AM   #95
Rock Stacker

HEY,.......got any pics of the Hot Chick in the background??????
crawlingfireguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2006, 08:08 AM   #96
Sinking with the ship

Default Installed some leds

Well I installed some LEDs last night, they arent nearly as bright as TCs rig but they are a cool scale touch and for 18$ off ebay already assembled and ready to rock, I couldnt go wrong. RC-Lights is the place I got them from. They work off of 3AAs and they little battery box fit perfectly inside the rear frame rails

close up

about 10 feet or so away

Tail lights

I also got my custom rear bumper mounting bracket. I told Kevin I may actually tow with this thing and I was concerned the tail gate wouldnt hold my badass rear bumper and the trailer all hooked up. SOooo he made up a custom bracket for me that not only attaches to the tail gate but to the bed too Nice and strong now. He also machined it so that it would move the rear bumper closer to the bed

Before picture ^^

After new mount ^^^ Nice and close to the body

Dont mind my hacksaw job on the mount, thats what you get when you assume the tail gate is the same as a Juggy one, forgot all about the lights..opps ...

I finished up repairing the cap (filling and sanding) and since its actually been warm hear:? , rainey but warm, I laid a coat on it this morning so I should have that ready to go on soon. Then I gotta get some nice pics and enter it in the high lift contest...figure its worth a shot right?

BTW anyone know where I can get rogue element license plates? This back bumper is in desperate need of one!

-Mike

Last edited by 1BadJeepBruiser; 11-16-2006 at 08:35 AM.
Old 11-16-2006, 08:28 AM   #97
Quarry Creeper

looks sweet hey how much wiould your friend charge to make me one of those bumpers?????
snook is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2006, 08:04 AM   #98
Sinking with the ship

Default got the cap on

Even after I dropped it and it broke like this... actually it was broken even more because when 1st tried to fix it, I failed, and I snapped and then through it into the garbage pale where it broke even more then....

So then my step dad pulled it out and got it mostly back together for me... I then busted out the shoe goo and skimmed coated the whole inside of it, then out came the bondo and I had to fill the roof and both sides... It came out pretty damn good. if you look closely you can see the filler but I dont care cause I bought another one anyways if its ever in a concours event and this one Ill run the truck with it on. All it needs now is a roof rack

-Mike
Old 11-22-2006, 08:21 AM   #99
Quarry Creeper

looks good
snook is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2006, 08:23 AM   #100
Rock Crawler

fantastic work as usually, mike. where at in jersey, are you headed. not sure what the girlfriend has planned, maybe I could make the trek east. well, provided I get repairs done on my rigs. you can pm the details, if you'd like.
sods is offline   Reply With Quote