Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Scale Rigs General Tech > 1.9 Scale Rigs

Notices

Thread: Scraith. The 1.9 Wraith.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-08-2015, 08:03 PM   #1
Pebble Pounder

Default Scraith. The 1.9 Wraith.

So there isn't much that's gonna be to fancy in this build but I've wanted to do a full build thread and this is the only rig I've built that I feel can have its own thread so here we go.

I first traded a sakura d3 for this wraith with this project in mind. It had a few upgrades on it but it was all integy stuff but the only upgrades I kept from it was the integy cage parts and everything else was sold off.

The it changed up just a lil. Scx axles with metal knuckes and chubs and some axial cvds. After throwing some random links together I ended up with a 13.5 inch wheelbase. And threw on some 1.9 growlers with ci single stage foams on axial beadlocks.

Mocked it up with scx10 shocks and they were to short so that prompted the first parts order. Metal trans gears. Holmes 13t crawlmaster. Losi 4 inch crawler shocks.

Got everything installed and swapped over some panels I had laying around. Also threw in a hobbico cs-170 servo I had laying around.

And out for her first real test run she went.

Sent from ... Wait where am I ????
scxscaler is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 12-08-2015, 08:20 PM   #2
Pebble Pounder

Default Scraith. The 1.9 Wraith.

Ran it a few times and couldn't leave anything alone so I pulled some 1.9 rc4wd racelines off another rig and proceeded to put them on this one but I ran into a problem.

The foams were stretched over weighs on the other wheels so I put a wrap of sticky weights on and then had to use a few wraps of foam tape to help with the extra space but got them done and on.

And out for some more run time.

Picked up a used rig for cheap with some vp knuckes and chubs. So off they came and onto this one the only downfall they were blue..... Oh well.

Figured out the steering to keep it up and outta the way and of course had to figure something out for that.

Then my dad and I decided that we were gonna make the drive from Virginia to Florida for the axial killer clowns G6 at RRW. It was our first G6 and we only had a few weeks to build 2 trucks for it and the Rush was on.

Last edited by scxscaler; 12-08-2015 at 08:59 PM.
Old 12-08-2015, 08:28 PM   #3
Pebble Pounder

Default Re: Scraith. The 1.9 Wraith.

The first thing I decided to tackle was the 5 mandatory scale accessories. So I made a tray from styrene to hold some accessories and 1 other special thing that was in the mail.

Modded the cover I had to help keep a clean look and hinged it at the front and used a scale bungee to keep it closed.

The first thing to come in the mail was the solution to my tire rubbing. Rc4wd +9 hubs. Now I can get some testing in while I wait for the other parts.

I managed to break my modded wraith bumper while testing so oh well.

Old 12-08-2015, 08:38 PM   #4
Pebble Pounder

Finally my big box of goodies came. Holmes puller pro 540 stubby 2200kv wp. Axial hd gears. Overdrive for the front with a vp locker and stock ratio for the rear. Wertymade electronics tray and a heyok 3p winch controller. The cbe juggernaut winch didn't make in with these but it was a few days behind. Also had the hpi qbase (rebranded mmp) already here and picked up some mips at the lhs.

Mocked some things up then pulled it all out and used conformal coating for the first time to waterproof all the electronics.

The the cbe juggernaut came in so I got that installed also.

And she was ready for Florida.

Old 12-09-2015, 03:46 PM   #5
Pebble Pounder

Made it down to Florida a few days early so we decided to go and check out RRW. Went in the shop to look around and ended up with some new parts. Got a wertymade stinger. Some Roland rockshop winch line and some pigsnot sliders.

Now it was time for the big day of the G6 it won't look this pretty again.

The nice clean look last to the first mud hole on the course. You could say the water proofing was tested and the puller pro had some power. The rig in the back is my dad which was also built for this event.

And this was the last gate of the day.

She made it through the entire day without any issues. Even ran the night stage with a phoenix led designs 2 inch light bar that was bought and waterproofed the day of the event and boy it was bright. Sadly don't have any pics of it during the night stage but this was after the first run and she was tired.

Cleaned it off some and before we left got one final thing for it. Got the hood signed by Brian Parker alongside stickers from the manufacturers of all the great parts in this build.

Old 12-09-2015, 03:55 PM   #6
Pebble Pounder

Got home and cleaned her up good and got to fixing the one broke part. I cracked a Cvd pin during the night stage but it made it the whole course and decided that it need to break on the walk back up so donuts followed till it broke. I was gonna order a new set of cvds from rpp and I thought why stop there.

Started with the rear since I also bought some vp rear lock outs at RRW.

And here she is with her newly installed axle housings.

This is the build sheet from Harley designs. This is definitely my most in depth build and this rig preforms great.

Thanks for looking and let me know what you think.

Old 12-20-2015, 06:09 PM   #7
Nope..

You came up as a thread like mine so I figured I'd check it out. I like it!

How do you like the Growlers? Everything I read said they weren't all that great in the mud but with a HH Puller maybe you have the wheel speed to clean them out?
Brainstain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2015, 06:41 AM   #8
RCC Addict

Awesome build, fun to follow along to the G6. I'm building my wraith for G6 this winter in hopes to make an event in 2016.
How do you like the winch?
TAT76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2015, 01:17 PM   #9
Pebble Pounder

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brainstain View Post
You came up as a thread like mine so I figured I'd check it out. I like it!

How do you like the Growlers? Everything I read said they weren't all that great in the mud but with a HH Puller maybe you have the wheel speed to clean them out?

I love the growlers lol the only other tire I will run are tsl xls or the short ones and these hang right with them. And I did great in the mud that was in Florida but there was a lot of throttle mostly because it was fun and looked cool haha. But they seem to have great all around traction.

Old 12-21-2015, 01:22 PM   #10
Pebble Pounder

Quote:
Originally Posted by DLeeTT View Post
Any video of the fl g6? I live in florida so I might be interested in doing a g6 in the future.

No I don't sorry. I was to busy having fun to remember to take pics that much or video for that matter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 87warrior917 View Post
Awesome build. These 1.9 scraiths have my attention for sure! Looks killer.

Thanks man it turned out to be a really fun rig.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TAT76 View Post
Awesome build, fun to follow along to the G6. I'm building my wraith for G6 this winter in hopes to make an event in 2016.

How do you like the winch?

The winch is amazing. Pared with the heyok controller it work flawlessly. And it has no problem picking the rig up or moving anything around it lol.

Scraith. The 1.9 Wraith. - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Scraith Scales Axial Wraith 8 06-09-2016 10:45 PM