Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Scale Rigs General Tech > 1.9 Scale Rigs

Notices

Thread: New bright 4dr jeep scale trail rig

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-28-2016, 02:39 PM   #1
Pebble Pounder

Default New bright 4dr jeep scale trail rig

Hey everyone, this is my third build thread. still waiting to finish my Jurassic park rv build but it will have to wait till im done with my duty station, its too big of a project to keep packing up and moving around.

so i started a friendlier project that will be easier to pack up when i leave. i recently bought a newbright jeep 4dr with interior. my only inspiration is this YouTube video.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0eDz...JqGkB1Vl_xUz-Q

i like this YouTube video because of how well the body sits on the chassis and doesn't look like some lifted monster truck. other then that its the only inspiration im going with, everything else is just what im pulling out of my head and hoping its within my skill level lol

ill be posting pictures as soon as i get off work in 4 hours. hope you guys enjoy this build, ill also post what items im using in each post . in the mean time ill just tell you its going to have complete interrior, opening doors, hood, and complete engine compartment with a to scale hemi hellcat engine. feel free to ask any questions before we begin .

Last edited by Emedina1222; 09-29-2016 at 09:46 AM.
Emedina1222 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 09-29-2016, 05:04 AM   #2
Pebble Pounder

Default Re: New bright 4dr jeep scale trail rig

***pic heavy post***

Ok a little later then planned but here is the progress made on day one in Ape Garage, where our employees are always angry so you don't have to be!

So starting out my employees constructed a, used but in good shape, scx10 chassis.

Once the chassis was constructed we started work right away on the ARB special edition T-Rex 60 front and rear axles and upgraded to the XVD axle for the T-Rex 60. Also had them install some steel hex hubs with scale brake routers.

So completed the axles for the most part. If you want to know part numbers or size of the black scale bolts used please check out that YouTube video as it has everything so far.

Now onto where I took in my own ideas. I wanted this to be as scale as possible so I went with the SSD scale transmission, 27turn motor, and a scale hemi hellcat engine from exclusive rc. The hellcat engine is 3D printed and looks amazing. The price is kinda high but I'd say it was worth my purchase. We will let the big guy install the heavy parts!

This is the end of day one hope you guys enjoy, still a lot more to come from Ape Garage.
Remember if you have any questions please ask, I'll try to have an answer

Last edited by Emedina1222; 10-03-2016 at 07:02 AM.
Old 09-29-2016, 07:55 AM   #3
Pebble Pounder

So not much happened on day two, just body work and steering links.
I'll let the pictures do the talking,

Used an axial aluminum steering link and superlift adjustable steering stabilizer.

And that's all for now I'll post more in a couple of hours currently working on interior

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Last edited by Emedina1222; 10-03-2016 at 07:04 AM.
Old 09-29-2016, 09:31 AM   #4
Rock Crawler

Yeah, I'll watch where this goes... great start.
ElChupacabra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2016, 05:58 AM   #5

I love that gorillas are doing this build

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk
phillymade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2016, 06:48 AM   #6
Pebble Pounder

Time for a new update

We still haven't done much. But here is what's going on. Got the interior started and worked on filling holes and cracks and joints. Also started on the doors but not sure I like the way they are coming out so contacted a good friend with mad skills to help me out I'll hear back from him soon with a design for the door panels. Really excited about it.

Next we mounted the body using existing mounting poles and it holds the body like a charm

We also got the links installed on the rear axle and some temp tires installed on the wheels to get the feel of where the wheel base is at and not sure I'm liking it. Might have to bring it in 1/4 - 1/2 an inch. I'll find out once I get my front links in and put in the shocks.

Hope y'all are enjoying this build as much as I am

also i reorganized my photos so yall dont have to scroll so much, well depending on the monitor size i guess.

Last edited by Emedina1222; 11-02-2016 at 04:57 AM.
Old 10-03-2016, 06:49 AM   #7
Pebble Pounder

Quote:
Originally Posted by ElChupacabra View Post
Yeah, I'll watch where this goes... great start.

Thank you

Old 11-02-2016, 05:06 AM   #8
Pebble Pounder

ok quick update ill have pictures posted tonight! so iv been working on the interior still iv been extra gluing in all the styrene parts the the original interior to make my custom full interior. i know it came with a full interior but i really wanted my doors to be able to open and also not have to cut up my drivers and passengers legs. its looking good so far just need more sanding work. but like i said last time i wasn't happy with my own work when it came to the door panels and am i soooo happy i asked a friend to help me out!! the new door panels are freaken sweeettt!!! cant wait to get home to post some good pictures. Shout out to my brother Peppe from rc-crawler.it cant thank you enough!
Old 11-18-2016, 03:17 PM   #9
Pebble Pounder

Ok ok ok so I'm really slow at uploading but I did get some done! First here are those sweet door panels I was talking about

Also I finished up the floor mostly just need to puddy it a bit to blend and fill some gaps. Hopefully my fingers are small enough to work in the corners.

Also got my shapeways order in! Started with the rotopax window mounts, had to fill in the window with some styrene and trace and cut the hole to fit it in. Loving the way it looks!

I also have both front and rear smittybilt fenders but Iv only done the rear. So to make them work for the 4dr hard body I just let some of the Stubbs on it and drilled holes for them to match into. Would have been perfect but I measured once and drilled 5 times smh lol either way it looks nice gonna attach it with some shooegoo, that should hold it well. I will have to redo the rear tail light sockets. I'll probably cover them with styrene and smooth it out.

On the drivers side I had to sand down the license plate holder and I'll have to fill it on with styrene as well.

Next I started to work on the hood, the engine sits a little high so I had to cut it open to fit it in.

I also got the stingray hood from night customs as well, I was hoping it was hallowed but it wasn't and after looking at it, it didn't matter cause I had to cut that open as well. So more styrene work I layered a four pieces three of which had the same cut out as the hood. And the last covered it all. Now it's just sanding time to smooth it out.

Old 11-19-2016, 03:29 PM   #10
Pebble Pounder

ok so installing the radiator with the intercooler from Knight Customs was hard. still havent figured out a way to secure it in place. i had to chop it a bit to make it narrower so it would line up with the light holes then had to sand out the light holes so the light buckets fit right in. the hardest thing was the fact that i have a chassis mounted servo in the vertical position. so space was very limited. but im loving the way it came out.

Old 11-19-2016, 07:46 PM   #11
Pebble Pounder

ok final picture for today. did up some quick links and threw on some placement tires to get an idea of wheel base. also threw on the front finders, they were super easy just used a paper template to measure out the holes and screwed them in place. i think it looks great so far. roof rack is just placed there hasnt been screwed down.

Old 11-21-2016, 08:03 AM   #12
Quarry Creeper

Looks good! Nice blend with the Knight Custom parts on the NB
SAL45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2016, 09:44 AM   #13
Pebble Pounder

way to kool awesome I love it
EZ CHOPPER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2016, 11:23 AM   #14
I wanna be Dave

this is pretty neat, looks like a well thought out build already
XSRCdesign is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2016, 11:31 AM   #15
Pebble Pounder

Quote:
Originally Posted by XSRCdesign View Post
this is pretty neat, looks like a well thought out build already

Thank you , I sat on it for a few months looking at things and other people's builds. Of course with every build there are bumps, just finished redoing the links, and started installing the electronics only find the body doesn't sit well when they are mounted on the chassis so I had to mount the esc, receiver, winch wireless control, and the ess one+ all to the body. And then the servo didn't wanna give me enough steering the way it was sitting so I made a mount out of a stock electronics box and mounted it laying down In the front with only slight modification to the hellcat engine. But it gave me more room on the radiator and for other scale details when I add them in.

I'll add pics tomorrow its already getting late her and I'm tired of messing with it, better to take a break so I let my mind relax then to keep going at it and possibly mess something up

Last edited by Emedina1222; 11-21-2016 at 11:33 AM.
Old 12-11-2016, 07:06 AM   #16
Quarry Creeper

Is this build still active?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
scaler44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2016, 08:24 PM   #17
Pebble Pounder

Quote:
Originally Posted by scaler44 View Post
Is this build still active?

Yes lol it's running with a temporary radio but I'm going home on leave where I'll finish some more and then rotate to my next duty station from there. But yes still an active build

Old 12-12-2016, 04:36 AM   #18
Quarry Creeper

Great can't wait to see an update

scaler44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2016, 12:45 PM   #19
Pebble Pounder

Just a quick update, Iv made it back to the states for leave and I have the jeep with me. Only problem with traveling with your rc is everyone wants to see it. I was leaving Addis and the airport guy wanted to see it and asked to play with it. Seeing how I was in a hurry I told him no I'm sorry, but he kept asking so I said sorry and continued. Dude told his friend to check my bag for random inspection. Only reason I know it was him was the fact that he came up to see it and get hands on. I was so upset they were rough just pulling it out of my bag. Didn't even care to check my backpack that had all my electronics. But it is what it is. Glad that is over.

Old 12-17-2016, 01:19 PM   #20
M J
Rock Stacker

Cool pics - the primates were a great idea - put a smile on my face!
M J is offline   Reply With Quote

New bright 4dr jeep scale trail rig - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
New Bright 4dr Jeep on SCX10 Chassis thd41203 Axial SCX-10 1 11-19-2016 04:36 AM