Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Scale Rigs General Tech > 1.9 Scale Rigs

Notices

Thread: Cyanide's 46 Wagon, "Blue Bullet"

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-09-2018, 10:30 PM   #1

Default Cyanide's 46 Wagon, "Blue Bullet"

What's going on everyone, thanks for dropping by. Going to be building my first C1 truck, and wanted to share in my first build that. This will be updated along the way. I've always been a power wagon fan and when I saw the Proline release I knew it was a great time to start a tiny tire build. We'll start off with a parts list, which I'm sure will be changing along the way. Body just arrived today, so I got some trimming done. Getting the chassis together ready mock up.

Scx10.2 kit slider
Vader flat skid
Team raffee 35t
HW 1080 and 1060
solar d772
Boom's 4.19 Hustlers
Boom's 1.9 16 hole classic beadlock
Boom's Badass Rod ends
Proline 46 power wagon body
Power shift RC's wagon light kit and clearance lights
Knight's Rotopax
Hi-lift jack
Scalerfab scale point combo
Scalerfab pro front bumper
RCnerds wiper blades
Pro-Line tow strap
SRD LV License plates
RC4WD Warn 8274 winch

Also seemed like a great time to upgrade my radio, so I picked up the new DX5C as well.

Last edited by Cyanide; 01-30-2018 at 08:04 AM.
Cyanide is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 01-09-2018, 11:21 PM   #2
Quarry Creeper

Default Re: Cyanide's 46 Wagon, "Blue Bullet"

Sounds like this is going to be a good build. Following.
Rickleo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2018, 08:53 AM   #3

Got the slider apart and gleaned all the housings and installed new CowRC grease all around. This slider was in great shape, but I do prefer to run udder butter in all my rigs.

Also installed new Boom's Badass rod ends to take of the little slop the stock ones had aquired. And the new flad vader skid for 10.2 kit trans as well.

Got the Hustler's and classic beadlocks mounted. These were super nice to bolt together and some of the easiest beadlocks I've installed. The small tire does help somewhat with this process.

Solar servos are in, going to use 1 for a steering servo and the other will be modified for use with the 1060 as a servo winch.

Proline body came in last night. Trimmed up and ready for some mock ups and test fits. I will have to be cutting the back of the cab and the bed where the kit trans will sit. But that shouldn't be much trouble. Have an idea in mind of how to cover that up so it's not visible when put together.

Edit:trying to fix images

Last edited by Cyanide; 01-10-2018 at 09:05 AM.
Old 01-12-2018, 12:52 PM   #4
Quarry Creeper

Keep the momentum going. Very nice build so far. I'm digging the wheels......
doubler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2018, 11:19 AM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by doubler View Post
Keep the momentum going. Very nice build so far. I'm digging the wheels......
Thanks, the wheels came together very nicely. The included front and rear hubs were also a very nice addition to come packaged with the wheels.

Got some free time over the weekend got a few things done. The truck is now a roller under it's own power. Got the motor installed, servo winch modified, and a quick test fit of electronics to check how it will all fit. Also got my new radio working and checking adjustments.

After getting the trans in, finished up a few more trimmings on the body to make it sit well. It's pretty close to it's finished form. Just waiting for a little warmer weather before I try to paint.

Few parts should be arriving this week including the scale combo from scalerfab, some ebay body mounts, the 1060, and still have a few scale parts getting ready. Also grabbed a set of PitbullRC Ironsides over the weekend on sale.

Last edited by Cyanide; 01-15-2018 at 11:22 AM.
Old 01-16-2018, 06:29 AM   #6

A little off topic of the build, but my Bat-Safe arrived over the weekend as well. A local guy to me had one and really sold me on it's safety. It's a battery charging safe and storage box. This is great for me as I do charge my batteries inside my home. It should greatly reduce the risk of damage if an accident does happen. I would recommend it to anyone, and to always charge your batteries in a safe environment.
Old 01-18-2018, 08:31 AM   #7

Small update, a few parts arrived over the past couple days. My STRC brass rear lockouts and some ebay magnetic body mounts. The mounts may end up being temporary, waiting on the boom racing stealth magnetic mounts to come in stock.

The STRC brass rear lockouts went in smoothly, they are very solid and the paint is a nice touch to keep it all black. They add an extra 53g low end weight. They are a stock replacement and no modifications are needed to install.

One side of the lockout is threaded, so there is essentially a left and a right version.

Body is trimmed and body mounts are on for a mock up. Hope to get the body painted over the weekend. Trying to get this truck ready in time for USTE in FEB.
Old 01-19-2018, 07:01 PM   #8
Rock Crawler

Those wheels and tires are made for that body.Looking forward to what you do with paint.
RiderZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2018, 09:30 AM   #9

Got around to work on the truck again this week. Lots of parts are starting to arrive. Still have lots of more scale details to go in the truck, but she's ready for a trail run at least.

Scalerfab scale points combo is a really cost savings for adding some scale details.

First coats of paint going on. Fenders are going done with duratrax basic black, body will be the Tamiya PS-59, Dark metallic blue back with PS-12 silver. Duratrax bright white for the bed accents

Cab base is down, just need to finish the backer. I'll have a body on chassis reveal later tonight.
Old 01-30-2018, 07:54 AM   #10

Got a few more progress shots. Got the body at an almost finished state. Waiting on lights and Warn winch to arrive. Still running a servo winch at the moment, but decided to go with the bumper winch instead. Will be just a more scale setup. Trying to figure out where to put the scale stuff in the bed. Paint turned out pretty well, overall I'm happy with it...given my skill level in painting.

Took the truck out for an early showing last weekend at the RRW Krawlzone Krawlfest.

Last edited by Cyanide; 01-30-2018 at 08:07 AM.
Old 02-28-2018, 09:43 AM   #11

Was able to get this truck out for it's first trip, and it was at USTE. Got the powershift RC lights on and running, and the truck was great out on the trails.

Got a few bench shots at night with the lights running.

And finally some shots out on the trails!

Thanks guys for following! This body will now sit nicely on the shelf as it gets swapped for a SR5. Going to be comping this truck and the SR5 will be a better body to comp with. Future plans are to find another chassis for the Wagon body to ride on.
Old 03-01-2018, 03:36 AM   #12
Quarry Creeper

love it, looks so good
rs10man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2018, 09:53 AM   #13

Wanted to share a picture I found of the truck. Guys at powershift RC (who made the lights) snapped a shot that turned out great. Be sure to check them out for all your light needs. This stock look kit turned out great.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk
Old 03-10-2018, 10:06 PM   #14

Good on ya for building the '46 Power Wagon. I have the body and cleverly enough, the exact same paint, so now I'm happier with my choices. Haven't built on it yet as it is a project in the queue. Still building a Beast II. Was going to re-purpose my Axial SCX 10.2 but now want to go for a more scale/original look, so the coil sprung chassis won't do. Current plan is to use a TF2 LWB, but I'm a long ways from acquiring that chassis.

Cheers!
Rock Dodger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2018, 12:02 AM   #15
I wanna be Dave

Sweet Pro-Line Dodge body, great paint scheme and turned out well, the headlights buckets are a perfect match! Dang, love those wheels too!
Natedog is offline   Reply With Quote

Cyanide's 46 Wagon, "Blue Bullet" - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
What parts will make Axial axles "near bullet proof"? Stormin2u Axial AX-10 Scorpion 29 12-03-2010 02:17 PM