Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Scale Rigs General Tech > 1.9 Scale Rigs

Notices

Thread: c0bra’s........ uh oh another China jk!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-01-2019, 09:51 AM   #1
RCC Addict

Default c0bra’s........ uh oh another China jk!

Like the title says I’m finally building a China Jk. Now I know these things have been built by just about everyone on basically every chassis with every single axle combination.

I recently started my first ever gcm chassis build, it’s in the 1.55 section and needs to be updated, anyways I was really impressed by the chassis. So I figured if the cmax ultimate combo is so easy to use, why wouldn’t the gcm j2 chassis be easy?

So I decided to check both gcm stores to see which options were available, I decided to pull the trigger on the ultimate scx10ii combo.

Next I went over to shapeways and picked up every body mount option that gcm creates for the j2 and China jk body. Then I realized how am I going to build a China jk if I don’t have a body! So I took care of that.

For the transmission on this I was going to go with a super shafty bomb proof but didn’t need all of the parts so I decided to order all of the vanquish/incision parts to build one without a slipper.

For the axles I decided to go with a setup I’ve already used on 2 other builds and to me seem like a really good value, and that is the ssd complete ar44 axles.

No pics yet unfortunately as parts are still coming in

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
c0bra is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 08-08-2019, 09:19 AM   #2
RCC Addict

Default Re: c0bra’s........ uh oh another China jk!

Parts finally came in, unfortunately I forgot to take pics.

I got the transmission assembled with full vanquish/incision parts with fast easy bearings and the stock 87t spur.

Next i assembled the rear ssd pro44 axle and started doing that links. I got the rear links made, but I unfortunately couldn’t find my calipers so I have to redo the stock links as the pinion angle is horrific

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
c0bra is offline   Reply With Quote