Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Scale Rigs General Tech > 1.9 Scale Rigs

Notices

Thread: Portal Fun with my TL01

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-23-2022, 07:07 AM   #21
I wanna be Dave

Default Re: Portal Fun with my TL01

(2 years later...Holy crap!)

Still working on this project. I've been away from the hobby room for a while due to the kids softball schedule taking over my life. Been down there a bit lately though and tinkering with some things.*

I adapted some YR shock towers over and put some new CVA's on. Gives me quite a bit more suspension travel than the previous setup, and will keep the chassis from cracking at the upper shock mounts- win/win!*Started with 2 hole pistons and stock oil, though it's very light for this setup. I suspect I'll end up swapping over to the single pistons.*

Plenty of flex for a trail truck.*

I like to keep it in the family, so after trying out a few bodies I ended up liking how the Pajero body fit. Only issue was the rear body posts were quite long and I had a ton of wobble. Since this was an old, well used body I had no issues breaking out the razor saw and doing a bit of hacking. Body work is not my thing at all - I just don't have the patience for it, but I think it came out ok. No fancy 3D printing, just old fashioned styrene and filler. I had to remove quite a bit of the fenders for clearance, but I think it gives it a nice aggressive look.*I need to fill in a bit underneath, it's quite airy under there!

Filled in 8 random holes and sanded down. Lots of layers of paint, I've had this body for a long, long time!

Primed up and ready for some finish sanding and some color...blue and silver of course.
OSRC is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 07-23-2022, 01:17 PM   #22
I wanna be Dave

wow that Pajero body looks awsome i love the cut it makes it unique and im sure it will help with the cog too
the first picture of that body the paint looked awsome
damb it now i want one
ferp420 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2022, 12:24 AM   #23

Love this thing!
MarkWeso is offline   Reply With Quote

Portal Fun with my TL01 - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
The cheap Jeep ---> TL01 and 2.2s Nick Furia 2.2 Scale Rigs 10 12-15-2007 05:18 PM
TL01 crawler? Slim Newbie General 4 01-10-2006 05:42 PM