Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Scale Rigs General Tech > 1.9 Scale Rigs

Notices

Thread: A class 1,2,3 rig in one

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-07-2021, 08:43 PM   #1

Default A class 1,2,3 rig in one

I was gonna post this In the sorrca 1 page but it doesn’t seem to have any activity.

Trying to make a a rig that can compete in sorrca class 1,2,3 with just a tire change. I currently have a trx sport with the proline Toyota Hilux body.

My question is can I put 2 holes in the bed, for the shock towers to fit through to lower the body on the chassis, and still keep it class 1 legal?

Thanks
wwiifan is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 11-07-2021, 09:07 PM   #2
Rock Crawler

Default Re: A class 1,2,3 rig in one

Yes as long as you keep most of the bed pan intact without removing to much material inside the bed area
distinctive pd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2021, 05:50 AM   #3

Do the rules state anywhere how much ‘most’ is? Like 51% of the bed must still be there?

Thanks
Old 11-08-2021, 06:39 AM   #4
I wanna be Dave

in my opinion the best part of the hobby is having multiple rigs so in my eyes having one do it all rig is outside my understanding
ferp420 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2021, 08:40 AM   #5
RCC Addict

I dont know as if u can use 1 rig for all 3 classes. Not sayin u cant, but ive never heard of anyone doin it that way
indybama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2021, 11:44 AM   #6
Rock Crawler

I've seen lots of notched beds at Sorrca comps in C1 as kind as it just notched for shock towers you should be fine and really the only place it would truly matter is that a national event so I wouldn't stress about it too much
Old 11-08-2021, 03:25 PM   #7
RCC Addict

Im goina have to notch my c1 for the shocks n hoops. But it will b minimal cutting, atleast as minimal as 'i' can get it lol
indybama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2021, 05:00 PM   #8
RCC Addict

Anything is possible, but the perks of having multiple rigs for each class is the modification you’re allowed between each. Not only in tire size, but c1 you have to have a flat skid and bolted, welded or brazed shock towers along with the 4.19” tire that you can’t expose anymore that’s half the tread and it still has to resemble a stock truck, so no major cutting allowed.
Once you jump to c2 you’re allowed 4.75” tire angled skid and it can be a carbon chassis like the gspeed v3. But no dig or 4ws allowed.
Then when you jump to c3 that’s where things get crazy, bigger tires dig 4ws and a lot more body modification allowed.
I would think at the end of the day, you would want a designated c1
Then a c2/c3 that you could swap say wheels n tires and maybe a body that has dig locked out for c2 then activated for c3
But at the end of the day, anything is possible and it’s all about what your terrain demands from a rig.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Fricker08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2021, 06:32 PM   #9

In a perfect world I would have a rig for each class. But I have other hobbies to split my money between and stupid adulting responsibilities.
Also I like having a off the shelf rig I can mod on the cheap and do ok with compared to the other guys purpose built rigs. My goal is a good price to performance ratio. Low price and decent performance. I look at what my rig costs compared to they other guys and my performance compared to the other guys. In that department I don’t do too bad.
In keeping with that mantra I want to throw some smaller tires on and compete in class 1. I also have undertaken the project of lowering the body on the chassis. Hence the question about cutting holes in the bed. I already use this class 2 built truck in class 3. My class 2 rig does ok in class 3. I’ve placed in comps with it. I can’t do class 1 cuz I don’t have the tires. My local comp group starting going by sorrca rules this year so that’s why I’m asking these questions. I’m never going to a national event cuz I’m not taking this hobby that far
It’s great that you guys find the fun in making a rig for each class. I’m just the opposite I guess. Making 1 rig for all the classes and still snagging a few trophies
Old 11-09-2021, 01:43 AM   #10
Rock Crawler

A couple members here use this style c1 rig for all 3 classes and do very well with....
Attached Images

Old 11-09-2021, 05:55 AM   #11

Running c3 with a c2 rig is that much more difficult. The gates are wider but I use the same size tires so I have more room to operate.

A class 1,2,3 rig in one - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
New to me Class 1 Rig JMHZ2401 Videos! 0 07-17-2020 06:37 PM
New Class 1 Rig JMHZ2401 Redcat Crawlers 0 12-24-2019 06:36 PM