Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Scale Rigs General Tech > 1.9 Scale Rigs

Notices

Thread: Electronics and battery layout on LCG builds with forward motor mounts

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-15-2022, 05:40 PM   #1
Rock Stacker

Default Electronics and battery layout on LCG builds with forward motor mounts

Wondering what everyone’s layout is under the shell.

I’m building a Gspeed V3 with forward mounted motor, TGH duel servo mount, and Power Wagon cab. As far as I see the only option is to mount the battery on one slider and put the ESC and receiver on the other.

Is that basically the standard placement for everyone too? Any ideas on how to lock the battery in place?
SaltyDog is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 04-15-2022, 05:45 PM   #2
Rock Crawler

Default Re: Electronics and battery layout on LCG builds with forward motor mounts

Yeah that's standard for that setup.

Are you doing FMM for points?
Goro Majima is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2022, 06:33 PM   #3
Rock Stacker

Default Re: Electronics and battery layout on LCG builds with forward motor mounts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goro Majima View Post
Yeah that's standard for that setup.

Are you doing FMM for points?
More so just doing it because I think it looks cool and seems like I’ll get more performance with FMM.
Old 04-15-2022, 06:45 PM   #4
Rock Crawler

Ah. Well here's an example of my electronics placement even though I don't have a forward motor mount setup.

ESC in FMM area, receiver on skid, then each slider got a battery (one for ESC and other for servo). I want to corner weigh it to see how close I am to even left and right balance. Since I don't have a FMM but did add a 850mah battery, I think the both of those are probably pretty close in weight (battery probably more). Thought I'd share anyway.

Old 04-16-2022, 12:43 AM   #5
Rock Stacker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goro Majima View Post
Ah. Well here's an example of my electronics placement even though I don't have a forward motor mount setup.

ESC in FMM area, receiver on skid, then each slider got a battery (one for ESC and other for servo). I want to corner weigh it to see how close I am to even left and right balance. Since I don't have a FMM but did add a 850mah battery, I think the both of those are probably pretty close in weight (battery probably more). Thought I'd share anyway.

Visually it looks pretty well believed to me. What do you use to secure your batteries?

Hopefully, in my case, a 2000mAH pack on one side will balance out an ESC and receiver on the other... or at least close enough.
Old 04-16-2022, 02:33 AM   #6
Rock Crawler

I use Gorilla adhesive tape but any strong adhesive tape will do, but I've seen people use Velcro as well.

Tags
battery, electronics, fmm, gspeed, lcg

Electronics and battery layout on LCG builds with forward motor mounts - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Electronics layout help????? scxscaler Vaterra Ascender 11 06-24-2015 09:34 PM
Battery forward/electronics mounting plates? 2-shot Axial Wraith 10 08-28-2014 08:17 PM
Any interest in this part? Forward battery/electronics mount for scx10 kevinlongisland 1.9 Scale Rigs 4 09-02-2010 09:26 AM