Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Scale Rigs General Tech > 1.9 Scale Rigs

Notices

Thread: Cross RC HC4 Questions

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-07-2022, 03:45 PM   #1
I wanna be Dave

Default Cross RC HC4 Questions

For a few years, I've been interested in building a vehicle with a leaf spring suspension. Also, for the last year (or so), I've been wanting to build as military (or military-based) vehicle. Two days ago, I picked up the Cross RC HC4...so, now, I get to check off both with a single vehicle. However, before I start opening bags & building...and, as the thread title says...I've got some questions.

First, regarding the leafs, from what I've read in a few other threads, some leafs are metal, while the majority are plastic. Are there available metal leafs from Cross, or other companies (RC4WD, GCM, etc) that already have holes in the correct positions, thus making them simple/easy replacements for the plastic leafs?

Second, in addition to metal leafs (replacing the plastic leafs)...or, if need be, instead of additional metal leafs...what lift blocks (again, with the same hole spacing) are available? Honestly, I'd prefer not using lift blocks (on 1:1 trucks, I've always considered them "dangerous"...but, if I have no choice, then it might still be better then using the plastic leafs.

Third, regarding the 'friction' shocks, what would the best oil shock alternative be? And, what length? I prefer Traxxas GTS, followed closely by Element. Wondering if either/both will work on the HC4...and, if not, what 'alternatives' will work.

And, finally, regarding the axle ring & pinion gears, are there any others that will work? I'd REALLY like to replace the front with OD and/or the rear with UD, but not sure 'what' (of anything) will work. Has anyone successfully replaced the front and/or rear R&P gear sets...and, if so, what worked (brand & part numbers, please)?

All four of the above questions are important...but, I will admit, the last is slightly more important, especially if all to accomplish the idea currently running rampant inside my head.

Any/All assistance will be GREATLY appreciated.

~ More peace, love, laughter, & kindness would make the world a MUCH better place
Panther6834 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links

Cross RC HC4 Questions - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Cross-Rc HC4 Alpha Male 1.9 Scale Rigs 86 10-01-2017 07:38 PM