Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Scale Rigs General Tech > 2.2 Scale Rigs

Notices

Thread: My Beater Chevy

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-08-2008, 08:51 PM   #1

Default My Beater Chevy

X-trail chassis drooped suspension 4 link rear proline hammers and blue aluminum links...fun truck!

AXXX10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 10-09-2008, 12:55 PM   #2
Rock Crawler

suspension is not drooped, it may be internally sprung, but that is not what droop is.

droop is where the shock sits completly compressed at normal ride, and when it flexes, the shock droops out from inside
wojin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2008, 03:41 PM   #3
Rock Stacker

how do you like your x-trail chassis? i got one sitting in my closet about ready to do a build on it.
weez440 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2008, 05:38 PM   #4
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by wojin View Post
suspension is not drooped, it may be internally sprung, but that is not what droop is.

droop is where the shock sits completly compressed at normal ride, and when it flexes, the shock droops out from inside
Yes but there is 1/4 droop, 1/2 droop, 3/4 droop and Full droop. Droop just means the shock is not fully extended. So please think before you go bashing on things you obviously no nothing about.
thunder7845 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2008, 06:56 PM   #5
Rock Crawler

Quote:
Originally Posted by thunder7845 View Post
Yes but there is 1/4 droop, 1/2 droop, 3/4 droop and Full droop. Droop just means the shock is not fully extended. So please think before you go bashing on things you obviously no nothing about.

one, im not bashing, if i were there would be some sort of insult in the post. two, the x-trail acc. kit from tcs comes with internal springs, unless he cut the springs down, they sit with the shocks all but fully extended(an 1/16th inch is hardly what i would call droop, look how much of the shaft is sticking out at ride height) so... 3rd think about what the kits come with before you go bashing someone yourself

with what you are saying, any shock/spring set with a soft enough spring to be compressed by the rigs weight would be some sort of droop shock. that would make ever setup droop.

and not to hijack the tread with that... if you (axxx10) were to cut the springs in half and put half on top and bottom of the shock piston(1/2 droop), it would lower your CG and GC significantly and make the rig more capable, much less "tippy", and more realistic looking(unless you were going for the huge lift show truck look, then leave it)
Old 10-10-2008, 11:55 PM   #6
Rock Stacker

none of my business but wow i heard people over on rccrawler were unfriendly but never believed it until now. way to bash some guys rig that he likes over a simple miscalculation. so why don't you take your comp truck and drive it, well you know where wojin!!!!!
Old 10-11-2008, 12:44 AM   #7
Rock Crawler

when did i "bash" his rig? the droop thing was just a simple, short explanation of what droop is. the other thing about dropping the ride height was simply a suggestion and i stated that if what he was going for was a high rideing truck then just leave it. its funny how the people that complain about the bashing are just doing it themselves. i never once insulted his truck
Old 10-11-2008, 12:49 AM   #8
Rock Stacker

don't overly accentrate what he misrepresented as a droop setup. he has a fine looking rig and that is that.
Old 10-11-2008, 12:56 AM   #9
Rock Crawler

and my post was a simple explanation of what droop is. i know i didnt know anything about what droop was when i first got on here, so i was just pointing out that he does not have droop suspension and that it is simply internally sprung. so why am i being attacked?

Last edited by wojin; 10-11-2008 at 12:58 AM.
Old 10-11-2008, 12:22 PM   #10
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
and my post was a simple explanation of what droop is. i know i didnt know anything about what droop was when i first got on here, so i was just pointing out that he does not have droop suspension and that it is simply internally sprung. so why am i being attacked?

Wut are u not getting about anytime the suspension is not at full extension it is drooped or u could call it negative travel. It don't matter if it's internanly sprug it's still drooped.
thunder7845 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2008, 01:45 PM   #11
Rock Crawler

Quote:
Originally Posted by thunder7845 View Post
Wut are u not getting about anytime the suspension is not at full extension it is drooped or u could call it negative travel. It don't matter if it's internanly sprug it's still drooped.

so then every suspension in the world is droop. so does that meen he is running 1/64th droop or is it a whole 1/32 droop?
Old 10-12-2008, 01:47 PM   #12

Quote:

this why people don't post their rigs or make comments
I've had many years working in a 4wd shop and many more than that racing rc's...I know what droop is! for your info that i should have posted in the begining is yes the springs internally are cut to lower the COG. if you want to help people with your extensive knowledge go to frequenty asked area and help them don't call people out on their setups if you don't have a clue.
AXXX10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2008, 04:40 PM   #13
RCC Addict

Chevy man Myself...
We should get together someday and do some Bashing.

Da Hermit is offline   Reply With Quote