Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Scale Rigs General Tech > 2.2 Scale Rigs

Notices

Thread: My bronco build

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-08-2010, 06:55 PM   #1
Pebble Pounder

Default My ttc/koh style bronco build

I just put the axe to my jeep buggy build and switched directions a little. I wanted something with a frame somewhatto build off of so here we go. I drew up a new frame this morning and burnt it out on my CNC table and started mounting parts. The parts list is as follows

HPI bronco body
built up Axial axles
summit 2 speed
holmes 7t puller
HS 7955tg steering servo
HS645mg shifting servo
proline powerstroke scaler shocks
soon to come mamba max pro ESC
VP dirty harrys front and rear w/ white rovers for now(might get some 2.2 tsls)
dx3e tx/ sr300 rx
4 link rear/ 3 link w/ panhard front.
custom BTA steering.

Here are some pics, sorry I built it up today and didnt get progressive pics but it is only the frame so I will take more when the body gets here and I do the tube work and what not.

Here is the front and the frame mounted servo I still need to build the upper panhard mount

Here is the side, the upper link/links have two postions.

here is the top you can see the bent tabs for the shifting servo, the Motor mounts are done in the same fashion.

Here are the shock mounts. The holes in the frame allow 3 positions front to back and there are two holes for hieght. should be plenty adjustable.

The body should be here soon. The tube section will all bolt onto the frame and will be steel as well as the bumpers. I ordered a bunch of delrin for the boatsides and skid.

Last edited by dominator1; 11-17-2010 at 12:38 PM.
dominator1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 11-14-2010, 06:41 PM   #2
Pebble Pounder

Did some more work today, I built some sliders to help mount the body and a front bumper and grill. I also started ttrimming the body a bit, I narrowed the front and rear of it aswell.

I will build the rear bumper hopefully tommorrow and then its onto the cage work.

Last edited by dominator1; 11-14-2010 at 07:42 PM.
Old 11-17-2010, 10:40 AM   #3
Pebble Pounder

Got some tube done, its a PITA welding brakeline tube with a miller 250 and .030 wire but it works. I am not going overboard on the tubing because I want to keep the cog as low as possible. I am not done with it yet but its close. I also modified the body panels so the side will bolt on seperate from the windshield/hood. Here are some pics

I sloped the hood/frontclip down so when I weld on the tabs and bolt the body down the front clip will follow the tube.

I came across some weld on tabs for RC cars the other day and I cant seem to remember where. If I recall correctly I think they even had some tapped aswell. If anyone knows where to find these that would be a real time saver.

Last edited by dominator1; 11-17-2010 at 10:43 AM.
Old 11-17-2010, 12:36 PM   #4
Pebble Pounder

I bought these tabs to make mounting the body easier, I didnt think welding on a 3mm nut with a miller 250 is going to be fun but these should be easy to weld on without messin up the threads. 12.50 after shipping for ten is a bit spendy but money well spent when it keeps the frustration levels down.

https://rcpcrawlers.com/product.php?...7&cat=6&page=1
Old 11-17-2010, 06:00 PM   #5
RCC Addict

Looks killer Wes! I like the tube work you added to the rear My Hiluw cab should be here tomorrow, so it will be catch-up time
Body fits much better now too. That rear-well cut out looks good
ScaleReady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2010, 09:43 PM   #6
Pebble Pounder

Thanks phill, kinda amazed I havent gotten any comments on it. I bought some body mount tabs today so hopefully friday they will arrive and I can get the body mounts welded on and then I can paint the body. I am going to get some more tubing tommorrow to finish the tube work and then once the body is mounted its tear down and paint time

PS when you gonna start your build thread with that frame i burnt out for you? Its already rippin around, are you waiting for the body to start your toyota 2.2 thread?

Last edited by dominator1; 11-17-2010 at 09:49 PM.
Old 11-17-2010, 10:26 PM   #7
RCC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by dominator1 View Post
Thanks phill, kinda amazed I havent gotten any comments on it. I bought some body mount tabs today so hopefully friday they will arrive and I can get the body mounts welded on and then I can paint the body. I am going to get some more tubing tommorrow to finish the tube work and then once the body is mounted its tear down and paint time

PS when you gonna start your build thread with that frame i burnt out for you? Its already rippin around, are you waiting for the body to start your toyota 2.2 thread?

I havent even started taking pictures yet. I will though...
I have noticed the no comments thing alot with my builds as well. Seems you have to buy a kit or pre-made chassis, then everyone thinks its cool
Oh well. At least we have somewhere to archive our builds. As soon as my body arrives it is gonna be wide open on the tube work...Not only will I catch up to you, but I will be wheelin mine over the top of yours while you are still building it
Old 11-18-2010, 09:49 PM   #8
RCC Addict

I'm on yer tail.....
Old 11-19-2010, 09:42 AM   #9
Pebble Pounder

hopefully I get my body mount tabs today and then its all over oh and I am going to get some paint today aswell
Old 11-21-2010, 08:40 AM   #10
RCC Addict

waiting for these updates that I know you have........
Old 11-21-2010, 01:26 PM   #11
Pebble Pounder

Here ya go phill... I need to fis the back sticker on the driver side but...

Old 11-24-2010, 09:48 AM   #12
RCC Addict

Man! Your Bronco is the shit! That summit trans/7T Puller combo really Hauls ass! Nice lookin rig
Old 11-24-2010, 07:28 PM   #13
Pebble Pounder

thanks phill .

I broke my cvds like 4 times and destroyed the inner shaft on one of them not to mention snapping the stock inner shafts. I just ordered the super 300s from tcs so hopefully that will solve that problem
Old 11-24-2010, 07:44 PM   #14
I wanna be Dave

Damn wes that thing looks sharp man,I'm on my phone so I can't really tell, is that Lime Ice Green, I did a 2 tone with that and silver still one of my favorite combos.are ya runnin 3s with that motor tranny combo? That bastard should almost pull the front wheels off the ground
boosted4lyf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2010, 07:57 PM   #15
RCC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by boosted4lyf View Post
Damn wes that thing looks sharp man,I'm on my phone so I can't really tell, is that Lime Ice Green, I did a 2 tone with that and silver still one of my favorite combos.are ya runnin 3s with that motor tranny combo? That bastard should almost pull the front wheels off the ground

Oh yeah! It pulls the tires off the ground alright!
It also eats CVD's as a snack. Tried a little snow wheeling tonight and both our rigs broke. My rearend is froze up and his snapped a shaft in half. His has rediculous power..
Old 11-24-2010, 08:25 PM   #16
Pebble Pounder

Quote:
Originally Posted by boosted4lyf View Post

Yeah I am runnin 11.1v but I was wanting to step it up to 4 cell when I get a mamba pro I cant remember what green I picked out...just what the local hobby shop had on the shelf. I am running a 15t pinion and when I gun it it pulls fully wieghted DHs off the ground and can ride a wheely for 7-10 feet
Old 11-25-2010, 01:13 AM   #17
I wanna be Dave

nice
boosted4lyf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2010, 06:06 AM   #18
Pebble Pounder

Man thats really nice work. Its cool you got a 2speed tranny for it. It would be cool if you somehow mocked up dig for it. The only thing I don't like is the front metal grill. Maybe its not finished? I woulda left the grill the body came with on it and just narrowed it. The front bumper and sliders are sweet though. Man tube work is not easy, I think I end up using maybe 30% of the tube I buy, the rest gets messed up with all the trial and error.
White Stripe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2010, 10:54 AM   #19
Pebble Pounder

Thanks, bending little tube definetly has a learning curve. I am used to fullsize tube bending and welding. That is what my shop is setup for so bending and welding brakeline tubing with bigger gear is a task sometimes. The plasma table defintely comes in handy though. The grill will get some lights and such and needs some finish work I just got anxious to play with it so it is only tacked on....we'll see what the future brings
Old 11-28-2010, 08:39 AM   #20
RCC Addict

Location: NHFF world headquarters, working on the "rock mauling hill shooting NHFF pig squealing death rocket"

i sense another 1:1 fabricator trying his hand in the rc crawling world. join the crowd
buggy is offline   Reply With Quote