Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Scale Rigs General Tech > 2.2 Scale Rigs

Notices

Thread: In memory rig

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-14-2011, 11:51 AM   #1
Pebble Pounder

Default In memory rig

Hey guys,
Some of you guys I know pretty well and I have already sent text messages about this to you. Well, I had an idea this morning. The reason I came up with this idea was because my uncle, who has been fighting cancer and severe diabetes for over a year now, passed away early this morning. A few years back I also lost my grandma to severe diabetes complications. About 8 years ago my mom had melanoma, the most dangerous skin cancer, but she survived. My girlfriend has diabetes also. These illnesses are everywhere and extremely severe. The idea I had was to build a rig in memory of all of those who have passed on from or are battling these illnesses. Now I can't do this alone. I know the economy isn't the best, but a small donation can mean a world of help. My plan is to make this thread the build thread, and whoever donates or helps with the build will have their name either on the rig or put on a plaque. Once the rig is finished I will either post it on here to sell or post it on Ebay to sell. I WILL NOT GET ANY OF THE PROCEEDS, 100% OF THE PROCEEDS WILL GO TO THE FOLLOWING ORGANIZATIONS. I plan on having 50% of the proceeds go towards The National Diabetes Association and having the other 50% of the proceeds go to The National Cancer Society. Don't think this is some sob story for people to feel bad for me. It's not. It's to help find a cure. Even if you don't have parts, ideas, or money to donate; please bump the thread so it can receive more views. If you are interested in helping PM me or call/text me 217-343-8234 with your name AND phone number so we can talk about the subject. Thank you all very much!
crawlinforfun is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 05-14-2011, 11:56 AM   #2
Pebble Pounder

If you guys are worried about my feedback and think I'm just out to get free parts, I'm not. My username on rctech.net is maxxnslash with a feedback of 13 at 100% feedback (I have the same post on there, also I'm on midwestrcc.com with 1 positive feedback at 100% (I have the same post there also), Lastly I'm on Ebay with 73 at 100% feedback as tfry7906.
Old 05-14-2011, 12:25 PM   #3
Pebble Pounder

Even if you guys don't want to send any parts or money, I would gladly appreciate any advice and suggestions towards what I build and how I build it.
Old 05-14-2011, 10:50 PM   #4
Pebble Pounder

Byump it on up for some good ideas, donations, or parts guys
Old 05-14-2011, 11:06 PM   #5
www.team3sixrc.com

Crawling for Fun, I do apologize for your loss and I can surely sympathize with you.

I see you are only a member with 15 posts and a new member, So in that its pretty hard for people to trust you based on being so new.

Even with us people who have been experienced with this type of charity auctions or sales, Its a very hard loop to get around with paypal and or proof of donations.

I don't mean any disrespect, but we RCC members and the owners of RCC have been involved in many different types of Charities and we do our best to help covering everything from Cancer to Autism.

I wish you luck, But in all honesty you have to earn your mark here to be trusted enough to do this type of thing. Hope you understand
team3six is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2011, 11:19 PM   #6
Pebble Pounder

@ team3six I completely understand what you mean about the new member situation. This is the reason why I stated that I have 100% positive feedback on every other forum I am enrolled in in a previous post. There are numerous people in my family and even friends that shrug away the idea of building this rig. They think I will loose money and no one else will help. Maybe they will maybe they won't I don't know until I try and that's what I'm going to do. Each viewer of this thread has their own opinion on the situation and I understand that. I am not trying to convince anyone to do anything they don't want to do. I am just a 18 year old guy who has lost people close to me and I want to make a difference. I didn't want that to sound rude in any way at all. I just wanted to show how I feel in a very civil manner.

Also I realize you guys do charity stuff, but I want something from me, honoring the people I love, in doing so using what talents I have to create something hopefully a few people will remember. I don't expect this to be a success overnight in the least. I hope everyone understands what I mean with the situation.

Last edited by crawlinforfun; 05-14-2011 at 11:27 PM.
Old 05-16-2011, 06:44 PM   #7
Pebble Pounder

bump for some good ideas!!
Old 05-17-2011, 05:01 PM   #8
Pebble Pounder

Here is an idea to bounce around maybe you should get a bigger RC company like DMG or Dinky R/C to help you with your project. you know some one that is trusted on the site.
TheDude530 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2011, 08:28 PM   #9
Pebble Pounder

I can give it a shot I just don't know how big of an issue it will be. If any one can give me some advice on how to contact them and also get the ball rolling that would be great. My mom just got home from Oklahoma where my uncle was when he died. When she got here she handed me a box with some of my uncles rc stuff in it. There was a vintage i think Tamiya buggy in there I might give a shot at repairing and selling. I'll post pics of it when things slow down.