RCCrawler Forums

RCCrawler Forums (http://www.rccrawler.com/forum/)
-   2.2 Scale Rigs (http://www.rccrawler.com/forum/2-2-scale-rigs/)
-   -   Guido: Scale TTC Bronco 2015 Scale Nats Updates (http://www.rccrawler.com/forum/2-2-scale-rigs/70328-guido-scale-ttc-bronco-2015-scale-nats-updates.html)

Unimoger 05-01-2007 10:59 AM

can you say , ambitious? wow Chris:shock: that is a hellva a build in just a few weeks, i can't wait to see it in person, hell you might win the " long haul and concourse trophies " with one rig.:lol:

awesome work as always, looking forward to it"thumbsup"

DirkDigler 05-01-2007 11:28 AM

I don't like it.

Brizio 05-01-2007 11:56 AM

Nice work!

Ace 05-01-2007 01:07 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by DirkDigler (Post 689485)
I don't like it.

Attachment 34326

DirkDigler 05-01-2007 01:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ace (Post 689604)

I don't like that either.

ColquittCustom405 05-01-2007 01:18 PM

Quote:

I don't like it.

Dirk if you don't have anything nice to say then don't say anything at all.You're a jerk Dirk!:x

DirkDigler 05-01-2007 01:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ColquittCustom405 (Post 689614)
Dirk if you don't have anything nice to say then don't say anything at all.You're a jerk Dirk!:x

I don't like that.

jeep94xj 05-01-2007 01:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DirkDigler (Post 689620)
I don't like that.

I don't like it either.

FrankyRizzo 05-01-2007 01:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ColquittCustom405 (Post 689614)

Now that's funny!!!

SMFtwstdHICK 05-01-2007 02:05 PM

Griz,,
That looks killer man. Likin the front suspension set up and the radius arm idea."thumbsup" I have sorta the same coil set up, but, I DEFINATELY liked how you are installing your coil buckets better then mine. VERY NICE.

braceysdad 05-01-2007 02:38 PM

Man, that thing is NEATO!

Makes me think of corn, Mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm CORN.

Great thinking on the links too.

Is the body size scale write up going to be in this thread?

Grizzly4x4 05-01-2007 05:36 PM

Holy hells, I didn't expect this kind of response. :shock: This is more replies than I got in the whole Green Bean thread I think. :lol:
Gotta love the multi-quote feature. "thumbsup"
Quote:

Originally Posted by LIKES2CRAWL (Post 689225)
This thing is looking SWEET!"thumbsup"

Thanks, glad you like it L2C. 8)
Quote:

Originally Posted by clodstall (Post 689231)
real nice work Griz. "thumbsup" be glad to see it done.

Thanks clodatall, glad you like it.8) My wife will be glad to see it done as well. :lol:
Quote:

Originally Posted by Crawler Noob (Post 689239)
nice work, like the 2 linked rear.

Thanks Crawler Noob. The rear is a 4 link setup though, the radius arms are on the front. 8)
Quote:

Originally Posted by Ace (Post 689257)
Looking good Chris, as always.

When you get back, you need to draw up that frame and ask someone with a CNC to profile it out for ya...;-)

Hmmmmm, wonner who could do that? You know a good machinist? :flipoff::lol::lol:
Quote:

Originally Posted by CRF450R (Post 689266)
Looking good Griz"thumbsup"
How come you have the Radius Arms on the bottom?
Is that how your Bronco is set up?

What do you mean? On my 1:1 the big tube goes from the frame mount to the top of the axle. From an engineering standpoint I set it up that way so that the short anti-rotation links would be in tension when the axle tries to wrap. Putting your member in tension is always better than in compression, otherwise you could get buckling.
The other reason I did it was cuz it gives more link clearance on the rocks and looked neater that way. :lol:
Quote:

Originally Posted by Cole82 (Post 689269)
Looks great grizz.
4WS like the bronc?

I have pondered this alot. I really want 4ws but the custom axles that are being made for it will have a straight axle for the rear. At some point I could put two front axles in, and I prolly will, but for now it will be 2ws. Plus I need to figure out where to put a rear servo with my axle truss/link mount in the rear. More on that later. Glad you like it Cole. 8)
Quote:

Originally Posted by 1BadJeepBruiser (Post 689317)
Looks awesome Chris! I enjoy your build ups, they are always top of the line "thumbsup" Cage work looks great and I like the long arms and coil springs. Keep up the good work 8)

-Mike

Thanks Mike, I try my best. I don't have the machining or styrene skills some of you guys have, but I can weld. :lol: I'm glad you like it so far.
Quote:

Originally Posted by Knytemare (Post 689320)
Wow that is a sweet looking truck and its not even finished! Wish I had your skills. Nice work!

Thanks Knytemare. Practice, practice, practice, I destroyed lots of tube before I got the hang of it. 8)
Quote:

Originally Posted by pro beater (Post 689346)
DAYUM Griz.......

badddasss build so far man , i'm going to send you a PM about those coil axle mounts , Love'n the link design too i'm going to keep an eye on this build for sure

Thanks pro, glad you like it. PM returned.
Quote:

Originally Posted by clarkrw3 (Post 689441)
This is a sick build and great thinking out of the box on the links!

Thanks clark, I wanted to do something different than the usual stuff.
Quote:

Originally Posted by Unimoger (Post 689467)
can you say , ambitious? wow Chris:shock: that is a hellva a build in just a few weeks, i can't wait to see it in person, hell you might win the " long haul and concourse trophies " with one rig.:lol:

awesome work as always, looking forward to it"thumbsup"

Ambitious???? More like stupid. :lol::lol: I can only hope it turns out that nice. 8) Glad you like it Ben, and glad you OK'd it for the scale comp.
Quote:

I don't like it.

Of course not, why would you. :roll: :flipoff::lol::lol:
Quote:

Originally Posted by Brizio (Post 689521)
Nice work!

Thanks Brizio. 8)
Quote:

Originally Posted by SMFtwstdHICK (Post 689669)
Griz,,
That looks killer man. Likin the front suspension set up and the radius arm idea."thumbsup" I have sorta the same coil set up, but, I DEFINATELY liked how you are installing your coil buckets better then mine. VERY NICE.

Thanks SMF, it took a while to come up with that idea. 8)
Quote:

Originally Posted by braceysdad (Post 689697)
Man, that thing is NEATO!

Makes me think of corn, Mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm CORN.

Great thinking on the links too.

Is the body size scale write up going to be in this thread?

Corn? There's no corn here, you posted in the wrong thread again. DJ's binder is one hallway over and a couple doors down. :lol::lol::-P

For the scale size thread I decided to do a build using every body known to man, woman, child, and you. That way there will be no confusion. This is chapter 1. :lol::lol:

Thanks for all the good feedback guys and thanks to DJ and Ace for giving Dirk a nice verbal lashing. :lol:

Grizzly4x4 05-01-2007 05:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jeep94xj (Post 689642)
I don't like it either.

Oops, forgot this one.
Glad you don't like it, you gotta break a few eggs to make an omelette.
:-P:lol::lol:

More progress to come, gotta get to work now though. "thumbsup"

Cole82 05-01-2007 05:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Grizzly4x4 (Post 689876)
I wanted to do something different than the usual stuff.

Copy Cat.:flipoff:
You just can't be part of the heard can you."thumbsup" Looks like I'll have to step it up.

rednck21 05-01-2007 06:47 PM

looks great so far"thumbsup" got any pics of your 1:1 bronco?

slugzracing 05-01-2007 07:14 PM

Admit it, you just got tired of seeing the rest of us break out scale rigs at every comp:lol:

Very nice work on the suspension! I have wanted to do that for a long time but did not have the tools to pull it off.

Reef 05-01-2007 08:06 PM

just wow!

clodstall 05-01-2007 08:18 PM

Thanks clodatall, glad you like it.8) My wife will be glad to see it done as well. :lol:

thats CLODSTALL lol i bet she will.mine is always wondering if i will ever get done with one before i start another one.

Grizzly4x4 05-02-2007 12:44 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by Cole82 (Post 689894)
Copy Cat.:flipoff:
You just can't be part of the heard can you."thumbsup" Looks like I'll have to step it up.

Never have, never will. Let's see what you got slacker. :flipoff::lol::lol:
I love all your outside the box stuff."thumbsup"
Quote:

Originally Posted by rednck21 (Post 689939)
looks great so far"thumbsup" got any pics of your 1:1 bronco?

Thanks rednck21. There are a few pics here mines the yellow one.

Quote:

Originally Posted by slugzracing (Post 689959)
Admit it, you just got tired of seeing the rest of us break out scale rigs at every comp:lol:

Very nice work on the suspension! I have wanted to do that for a long time but did not have the tools to pull it off.

I am jealous of you guys. I love the scale stuff. "thumbsup"
Quote:

Originally Posted by Reefer (Post 690026)
just wow!

:lol: Thanks Reefer
Quote:

Originally Posted by clodstall (Post 690044)

thats CLODSTALL lol i bet she will.mine is always wondering if i will ever get done with one before i start another one.

Whoops, typo, my bad. :lol: I was told that after this one I HAVE to take a break from building for a while. :lol::lol:

Thanks for the replies guys.

Now, decisions, decisions..Hmmmmmmmmmmm...........
45T lathe, Mag Mayhem, or Revolver 1.:twisted:

FrankyRizzo 05-02-2007 06:58 AM

Obvious!

Revolver 1