RCCrawler Forums

RCCrawler Forums (http://www.rccrawler.com/forum/)
-   2.2 Scale Rigs (http://www.rccrawler.com/forum/2-2-scale-rigs/)
-   -   Guido: Scale TTC Bronco 2015 Scale Nats Updates (http://www.rccrawler.com/forum/2-2-scale-rigs/70328-guido-scale-ttc-bronco-2015-scale-nats-updates.html)

Unimoger 05-09-2007 01:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Grizzly4x4 (Post 697952)
Yup.:lol:
I am working with a friend on a design using the TLT ring and pinion. The axle housing will be a Ford 9" with a removable center section just like the real thing. We are doing a straight rear axle and are looking into having our own chromoly axle shafts made.
I am designing a set of wheels that will bolt on with 5 lug nuts and we'll have disc brakes as well.

I plan to have Ford 9"ers front and rear just like JR's Bronc but we are also going to do a Dana 60 rear to see what that would look like.

You can start hating me after you see the prototype, he has the drop out 3rd member done already and it is friggin awesome. "thumbsup"

speechless:shock: :shock: :shock: and axiously waiting for the spy photo's:shock: :shock: :shock: WOW!"thumbsup"

cartronicshn 05-09-2007 01:59 PM

:shock: :shock: Grizz, just awesome, i'am with Ben, can wait for the pics"thumbsup"

Grizzly4x4 05-16-2007 01:50 PM

3 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by Unimoger (Post 698032)
speechless:shock: :shock: :shock: and axiously waiting for the spy photo's:shock: :shock: :shock: WOW!"thumbsup"

Quote:

Originally Posted by cartronicshn (Post 698070)
:shock: :shock: Grizz, just awesome, i'am with Ben, can wait for the pics"thumbsup"

I'm bringing some cool stuff to Montana for the scale guys to see. ;-)
Thanks guys.

Well, sorry for the lack of a running buildup thread like the pros do. I was just too busy, hells I was up till 4am this morning and still didn't get finished. There's still lots to finish up and change so I'll be going back through it all and will post up details then. For now here it is ready to go to Montana, certainly not done though. ;-)

I apologize for the Savage bumper but there was just no more time to build one. :oops:

http://www.rccrawlermedia.com/rcc-al..._082.sized.jpg

http://www.rccrawlermedia.com/rcc-al..._084.sized.jpg

http://www.rccrawlermedia.com/rcc-al..._086.sized.jpg

:twisted:

What'cha think? I'm so excited about this thing I caint stand it. 8)

Unimoger 05-16-2007 01:55 PM

Holy mother of God!:shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: I cannot wait to see it, amazing is the only word that I can type with drool on the keyboard:shock: :shock: :shock:

jason 05-16-2007 01:57 PM

http://www.medicinema.org.uk/images/thumbsup.jpg

Badass!!!

Grizzly4x4 05-16-2007 02:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unimoger (Post 706084)
Holy mother of God!:shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: I cannot wait to see it, amazing is the only word that I can type with drool on the keyboard:shock: :shock: :shock:

Quote:

Originally Posted by jason (Post 706088)

Badass!!!

Thanks guys, it's got some cool stuff like toggle switches on the dash for the lights and to cut off winch power so that it doesn't drift and loosen up the cable (learned that from Green Bean).

My friend Neal made that personalized winch fairlead for me and last night he dropped off that CNC machined 300 series stainless steel winch hook.:twisted:

1BadJeepBruiser 05-16-2007 02:05 PM

BEST looking Bronco on RCC "thumbsup""thumbsup""thumbsup""thumbsup" Awesome work Chris!! Good luck with it at the comp this weekend

-Mike

***EDIT***

I want more pics! and I wanted them 5 minutes ago!!:twisted: :twisted: You get more pictures now! :lol: :lol: "thumbsup"

braceysdad 05-16-2007 02:07 PM

Very cool looking. Alot of thought went into this one, did you hurt yourself?

Grizzly4x4 05-16-2007 02:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 1BadJeepBruiser (Post 706095)
BEST looking Bronco on RCC "thumbsup""thumbsup""thumbsup""thumbsup" Awesome work Chris!! Good luck with it at the comp this weekend

-Mike

***EDIT***

I want more pics! and I wanted them 5 minutes ago!!:twisted: :twisted: You get more pictures now! :lol: :lol: "thumbsup"

Wow, thanks Mike. I didn't expect that."thumbsup" I really tried to make something that had the right cool factor. I hope it works well this weekend too, thanks.
I'd love to get more pics but I had to snap those at lunch and now I'm back at work. Sorry. :lol: More to come though, I guarantee.
Quote:

Originally Posted by braceysdad (Post 706099)
Very cool looking. Alot of thought went into this one, did you hurt yourself?

Thanks BD, yes I did hurt myself, in fact I still hurt. :lol::lol:

DirkDigler 05-16-2007 02:19 PM

Griz....didn't he just paint the bronco hot pink, recently?

4wheelin4me 05-16-2007 02:27 PM

That is some awsome work grizz! Keep it coming.

Grizzly4x4 05-16-2007 02:27 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by DirkDigler (Post 706108)
Griz....didn't he just paint the bronco hot pink, recently?

No, he sold it on Ebay a couple years ago. He stripped all the drive train and running gear off it and sold the chassis. I've been following the buildup of his new one on Pirate.

Money shot, notice the top of the tires relation to the headlight and the amount of tire sticking out past the body. Those are some of the things I really tried to match. It's not perfect yet but close.

Other things I put my own spin on. I made the cage short to give it the chopped top feel of a hot rod.

braceysdad 05-16-2007 02:36 PM

Once you have time are you gonna make a front bumper similar to the 1:1?

Brandon 05-16-2007 02:40 PM

Wow that thing came out incredible. Awesome job "thumbsup"

clarkrw3 05-16-2007 03:06 PM

That is just frickin crazy sweet!!!! I need some good pics of the coil set up and mounting ;-);-);-);-)

DirkDigler 05-16-2007 03:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Grizzly4x4 (Post 706116)
No, he sold it on Ebay a couple years ago. He stripped all the drive train and running gear off it and sold the chassis. I've been following the buildup of his new one on Pirate.

Money shot, notice the top of the tires relation to the headlight and the amount of tire sticking out past the body. Those are some of the things I really tried to match. It's not perfect yet but close.

Other things I put my own spin on. I made the cage short to give it the chopped top feel of a hot rod.

It looks awesome Griz.

I saw one just like it recently that was painted hot pink. Thought for sure it was the same one.

Kanzai 05-16-2007 03:16 PM

Holy ****, that looks awesome! The purple cage is freaking droolage man, awesome work!

DirkDigler 05-16-2007 03:29 PM

Two things I've noticed that need improvement, which is a hard thing to say about such a beautiful rig.
(aside from the lame azz HPI bumper, which you said you were ditching)

1. The spare tire needs to go. It just doesn't belong because of it being so different in every way.

2. I think the front fenders could be trimmed a little more to resemble the 1:1 counterpart.

Grizzly4x4 05-16-2007 03:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by braceysdad (Post 706120)
Once you have time are you gonna make a front bumper similar to the 1:1?

No, I'm a fan of the desert racing trucks so I will build something similar to the shape of the Savage bumper. The one on my 1:1 Bronc looks like the Savage bumper but is made from 1" tube. I'll likely follow that idea.
Quote:

Originally Posted by Nluvwithxlr8ing (Post 706125)
Wow that thing came out incredible. Awesome job "thumbsup"

Thanks Brandon, I wanted to do some purple fade flames but again, just ran out of time. I have an idea that I want to run by you later for the next body. 8)
Quote:

Originally Posted by clarkrw3 (Post 706148)
That is just frickin crazy sweet!!!! I need some good pics of the coil set up and mounting ;-);-);-);-)

Thanks clarkrw3, I'll have some later for sure when I show the detail of the suspension.
Quote:

Originally Posted by DirkDigler (Post 706149)
It looks awesome Griz.

I saw one just like it recently that was painted hot pink. Thought for sure it was the same one.

Thanks D, it might be the same chassis. The guy who bought it might have painted it pink.
Quote:

Originally Posted by Kanzai (Post 706159)
Holy ****, that looks awesome! The purple cage is freaking droolage man, awesome work!

Thanks Kanzai, I really like the purple cage on my 1:1 Bronc so that's why I did this one in those colors. I used Duplicolor Metal Casting paint (something like that), the one that is supposed to look like anodizing. It turned out great and matches the Axial beadlock rings really well.
The down side is that the paint chips like crazy :x. I expect to leave little purple flakes all over Montana. :lol: When it is time for a redo I'll likely get it powder coated in purple.

Grizzly4x4 05-16-2007 03:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DirkDigler (Post 706177)
Two things I've noticed that need improvement, which is a hard thing to say about such a beautiful rig.
(aside from the lame azz HPI bumper, which you said you were ditching)

1. The spare tire needs to go. It just doesn't belong because of it being so different in every way.

2. I think the front fenders could be trimmed a little more to resemble the 1:1 counterpart.

1. I agree, I just stuck it on there cuz it holds down the cooler lid really well. :lol: I considered running it for the NW comp though since a functional spare tire is worth -2 points. :lol:

2. Agreed again, I think it would look better with the fenders cut out more. I also plan to leave a little more of the rear quarter like JR's on the next body.

Great minds think alike. ;-)