Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Regional > Southwest > Arizona

Notices

Thread: Cochise county crawling(southern AZ)

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-01-2007, 03:04 PM   #1
Rock Crawler

Default Cochise county crawling(southern AZ)

Got together with Sam(nigels_world) and his wife(or gf? don't remember)Lacey and Bob and Beni(TQBob) and went crawling up at the waterfall on Carr Canyon in Sierra Vista. Had a great time and snapped some pictures. Can't wait til next time!

Bob making the crack look easy..

Bob got it sideways and twisted but I'm pretty sure he made it outta this one under his own power..

Bobs 'rear end', crawling through the crack...

Posing...

More posing, what a view...

Here's a look from about half way up to the waterfall, I circled the spot we were at, gives an idea of how high we were and how far of a drop it is if you make a wrong move...

And here's a shot of the mountains from near my house, gives a better perspective of how high we were and what we were doing...the light spot in the circle is the waterfall, it's dry now but it does run in the monsoon season and during winter the mountain tops get snow and it melts off and the fall runs pretty good...

Wish I would've got more crawling pictures but I was having to much fun trying to keep up with these guys to worry about the camera. I know both had taken pictures, maybe some will post them up in here. Had a good time, and we've already made plans for the next get together...
joemomma95 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 07-01-2007, 05:52 PM   #2
I wanna be Dave

More pictures!

Calderwood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2007, 07:38 PM   #3
Rock Stacker

Default And more pictures

Yes playing in that crack was fun
And going down the other side
And with views like this sometimes the one behind the camera forgets to keep it pointed at the toys...
TQBob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2008, 10:02 PM   #4
Quarry Creeper

I dont have any pictures, but hey, I crawl in Sierra Vista too. Does anyone know of some other good spots besides those in Carr and Miller Canyon? Any that are actually in town?

Also, I think we should form a club... like CCRCRCA, or Cochise County Radio Controlled Rock Crawlers Association. Might be fun.
Krawlin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2008, 11:40 PM   #5
Rock Crawler

need to meet up, forgot i have a 1.9 but could always build one, oh ya im in buckeye
tanner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2008, 04:56 PM   #6
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by Krawlin View Post
I dont have any pictures, but hey, I crawl in Sierra Vista too. Does anyone know of some other good spots besides those in Carr and Miller Canyon? Any that are actually in town?

Also, I think we should form a club... like CCRCRCA, or Cochise County Radio Controlled Rock Crawlers Association. Might be fun.

We crawl every other Sunday. You are welcome to come out with us anytime. If you need a ride I'm sure one of us could pick you up. The spots we frequent are: Carr Canyon, Miller Canyon, The top of Bisbee mountain, And the shooting range between Bisbee and SV. We are going to Carr Canyon this Sunday (the 5th).
Calderwood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2008, 01:23 AM   #7
Quarry Creeper

Have you guys ever tried Texas canyon? I take my crawler every time I get called to Safford for work.
fatbastard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2008, 09:40 AM   #8
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by fatbastard View Post
Have you guys ever tried Texas canyon? I take my crawler every time I get called to Safford for work.
Yeah... almost lost my Super in there.... I was on top of this really huge rock, and on the left there was a very deep and inaccessable trench, and on the right side the same, both sides of the rock sloping steeply towards the trenches, the only way off was the ends of the rock. Well I was going along, messing around on the slope on the left side, and my tires were loosing grip, and it started sliding down off the rock, towards a long fall and a horrible death, and I couldnt reach out and grab it, and thank goodness I had a couple of 35T motors, and I goosed the throttle and watched helplessly as the crawler struggled, and finally it got traction and pulled up back on top of the rock. Those 35T motors had the speed to keep it from falling, and I am lucky I had those in there.

But I havent been back to Texas Canyon since. Just too many places to loose the crawler there due to a fall...
Old 01-07-2008, 10:10 PM   #9
Rock Crawler

You guys have to give more info on this Texas Canyon, where is it in safford and how to get there?

fatbastard, we've been trying to talk the Tucson guys into coming down to SV for a crawl, maybe you can sway them a little. We've got nice crawl spots and usually it's a bit cooler(not that it matters right now)...
joemomma95 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2008, 06:30 PM   #10
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by joemomma95 View Post
You guys have to give more info on this Texas Canyon, where is it in safford and how to get there?

fatbastard, we've been trying to talk the Tucson guys into coming down to SV for a crawl, maybe you can sway them a little. We've got nice crawl spots and usually it's a bit cooler(not that it matters right now)...
Joemomma, you should come up to the HobbyTownUSA in Tucson... Last sunday of every month they have a crawl. They have a crawling course and all. And they just rearranged it too. Its really only meant for 2.2's, but I have run my super on it... but it is a bit small for a super. I have only been to one fo the crawls, but whenever I am in Tucson and I have my crawler with me, I swing by there and practice. And at the last sunday of the month events, there is usually quite a few crawlers there, probably anywhere from 5 to 10 crawlers. It's pretty fun.

Last edited by Krawlin; 01-09-2008 at 06:32 PM.