Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Regional > Southeast > Arkansas

Notices

Thread: Attention Arkies

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-24-2012, 02:18 PM   #1
Old guy

Default Attention Arkies

There;s a petition up to get bodiless mad smaller and bodies too. I need input from yall on how to vote on this if it comes up. Take a look if you have time and talk to me about. I'm your Rep. and I want to do my job, help me if you can.

http://www.rccrawler.com/forum/rules...ml#post4029884
ROCKEDUP RICKY is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 11-24-2012, 02:58 PM   #2
RCC Addict

Default Re: Attention Arkies

So basically the lexan bodies could be as small as the regulations for the bodiless chassis?

I don't know how I feel, I can see how people want to push for better and better performance, but at what point do you draw the line, to me they still should look somewhat like a vehical. I think a mini body on a 2.2 would look silly, but then again there is already some really out side of the box bodiless chassis, that already look alien. I think as the sport grows, things have to evolve and change, so if this keeps the sport moving forward I'm in, but I would like to see 2.2s stay the same on the body, so that class would stay more old school or realistic. So, I guess my answer is yes for pro, and no for 2.2s!
Tgreer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2012, 11:38 PM   #3
Quarry Creeper

Well put my friend.
WooPigSooie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2012, 10:55 AM   #4
Rock Crawler

I vote it gets left unchanged.
Rootar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2013, 10:00 PM   #5
Rock Crawler

just saw this and thought i would drop my $.02

on my old sporty rig i had the ugc fastback chassis. this is a bodiless chassis. it worked well. i then put a vw bug body OVER the bodiless chassis and it worked even better. i didn't really notice the extra width of the body making things more difficult for me, but i did notice that the vw body had alot better recovery.

my personal feeling is that these rigs should be based on actual vehicles. not saying that scale bodies should be run in competitions, BUT i think the rigs should still resemble vehicles.

the trend to go more and more toward some lunar module looking contraption really drives me nuts. speaking from a new guys view, looking at a rig with a bug body (or any crawler body for that matter) looks more inviting than looking at the bodiless rigs. the new guy looks and says " i could build something like that", but looks at the bodiless chassis's (insert any bodiless chassis you want) and says "that guy spent some $$$ on that thing". it's a preceived preception that is keeping alot of the newer crowd out of the hobby. while you and i both know that a bodied rig may cost (and usually does) as much or more than a bodiless rig, it looks more inviting.

the reach for more and more extreme performance from our rigs is leading to more and more problems. the thought that just by running a bodiless chassis the rig will outperform a bodied rig is nuts. but it is thought of this way.

so basically, bodied or bodiless, it really doesn't matter. i think ALL competition rigs SHOULD have to be a bodied rig. it's better looking to the average joe, its easier on components (better protection), and most of all, you can HIDE your tricks from the prying eyes of the competition!!
hoghead5150 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2013, 11:53 AM   #6
RCC Addict

Rules have already been adjusted for 2013, you might go check it out!
Tgreer is offline   Reply With Quote

Attention Arkies - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
****attention****attention****mini moab comp CRAWLER-DAD Arizona 33 05-15-2010 09:05 PM
Attention: JUSTGOINGSLOW Michigan 20 06-21-2008 02:37 PM
got my attention! smokinubyrc Chit Chat 8 11-02-2007 04:49 AM
Attention all!!! jason General Crawlers 0 11-09-2004 11:34 AM